• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Public Service Announcement to Paranoid Fi doms

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Inferior Si: The desire for repetition and to relive old experiences.

Note: This isn't a judgment on Sim. It's just an observation that I've noticed with younger ENTPs.

Ahhh... comfort without creativity....queue Victor ;) Its like dejavu all over again.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
sim you just don't get it.

All of your thinking has failed to appreciate the simple benefits of being polite and having manners. You're too caught up in trying to entertain yourself at the expense of others to see the truth.

Now, do you have any original contributions to make, or are you just going to keep playing out this same script over and over?

Wow, great post. :doh:

I've already addressed this repeatedly. The fact that you don't think I see the value in politeness/manners seems to suggest that you haven't really understood anything I've said here. It's not that I don't see the value; it's that the conditions present here don't present any real benefit in it.

Once again, I've made a deliberate decision to be abrasive in a lot of my forum posts. I'll sugar coat my language when there's something to be gained from it, but not when the worst possible consequence is offending a bunch of overly sensitive NFPs on an internet forum.

This kind of lazy response on your part is not likely to encourage any more politeness from my end, btw.

Inferior Si: The desire for repetition and to relive old experiences.

Note: This isn't a judgment on Sim. It's just an observation that I've noticed with younger ENTPs.

This is actually a good observation. I'm glad there are some balanced, reasonable INFPs out there who can contribute something other than irrelevant bitching.

P.S.,

Who is paranoid of controlling?

Me. Ne-dominant, backed up with an Fi sense of "don't freakin' step on my sense of individuality or personal freedom."

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What if I'm paranoid, but don't see typing as killing my individuality? Does this mean I'm actually not paranoid? :huh:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What if I'm paranoid, but don't see typing as killing my individuality? Does this mean I'm actually not paranoid? :huh:

Probably means you're just paranoid about other things...but not in the sense that I described in the OP.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is actually a good observation. I'm glad there are some balanced, reasonable INFPs out there who can contribute something other than irrelevant bitching.

Thank you... However, I would greatly appreciate it if you didn't insult other INFPs (one of which I respect, although I understand your experience with her hasn't been pleasant) in order to say something nice about me.

I don't believe compliments should tear people down in order to build others up.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Thanks Udog but no need for you to get pulled into this. I do appreciate your post.

sim, your Fe is showing:

Tertiary Fe (ExTP): "I'll lay a guilt trip on this guy, tell him all I've done for him and suggest that the next time he's in a tough spot, he might need my help. Well, hmm, ok, I'll be all friendly. I'll smile, tell him I like him, what a great guy he is. Well, hmm, that's not working, either. Ok, I'll make him look bad in the eyes of his friends." The Secondary Function (Ti) would say: "What is the truth? Not what people would agree is true, not an angle on the truth for making it palatable to someone, but the whole, honest truth?" Tertiary temptation / Lenore Thomson Exegesis Wiki

And, then you accuse me of irrelevant bitching, again, when well frankly, that's pretty much all you do in this thread.

I don't give a royal rat's a** what you think of me. I couldn't give a hoot what parameters you have "concluded" constitute a "reasonable" INFP. Do you think that's such a BIG compliment or something? That anyone here is thinking - "boy, I sure hope those ENTP's think I'm reasonable today!"

My response was meant to buuuuuurrrrrnnnnnnnnn.

Even made you use the headsmack smilie - fabulous.

At least teslashock got it. Cause you just ... don't ... get ... the ... truth.

No offense. :)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks Udog but no need for you to get pulled into this. I do appreciate your post.

sim, your Fe is showing:

Tertiary Fe (ExTP): "I'll lay a guilt trip on this guy, tell him all I've done for him and suggest that the next time he's in a tough spot, he might need my help. Well, hmm, ok, I'll be all friendly. I'll smile, tell him I like him, what a great guy he is. Well, hmm, that's not working, either. Ok, I'll make him look bad in the eyes of his friends." The Secondary Function (Ti) would say: "What is the truth? Not what people would agree is true, not an angle on the truth for making it palatable to someone, but the whole, honest truth?" Tertiary temptation / Lenore Thomson Exegesis Wiki

And, then you accuse me of irrelevant bitching, again, when well frankly, that's pretty much all you do in this thread.

I don't give a royal rat's a** what you think of me. I couldn't give a hoot what parameters you have "concluded" constitute a "reasonable" INFP. Do you think that's such a BIG compliment or something? That anyone here is thinking - "boy, I sure hope those ENTP's think I'm reasonable today!"

At least teslashock got it. Cause you just ... don't ... get ... the ... truth.

HELL YEAH TELL IT SISTAAAAAAAHHHHHH.

And quite frankly, who gives a holy crap in a whirlpool if he takes offense?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

sim, your Fe is showing:

Tertiary Fe (ExTP): "I'll lay a guilt trip on this guy, tell him all I've done for him and suggest that the next time he's in a tough spot, he might need my help. Well, hmm, ok, I'll be all friendly. I'll smile, tell him I like him, what a great guy he is. Well, hmm, that's not working, either. Ok, I'll make him look bad in the eyes of his friends." The Secondary Function (Ti) would say: "What is the truth? Not what people would agree is true, not an angle on the truth for making it palatable to someone, but the whole, honest truth?"

I'm not sure what makes you think I'm going to be embarrassed about having Fe. I'm not.

At least teslashock got it. Cause you just ... don't ... get ... it.

I love the headsmack smilie.

I'm also not sure what makes you think I "don't get it" just because I choose not to be polite to you. If you were contributing more worthwhile content, I'd be making more of an effort to avoid offending you...and yet you continue to assume my abrasiveness is because I don't understand the concept of politeness.

Let me assure you, I quite understand what politeness is--I just don't value your input enough to use it with you. There's a difference.

btw here's a clip from an aim conversation with tesla:

teslashock (6:52:23 PM): you did create that thread just for your own entertainment and personal fulfillment in completely bludgeoning the arguments of all the NFPs, didnt you?
Simulated World (6:54:22 PM): lol yes
teslashock (6:58:10 PM): i find that they are one of the easiest types to discredit in an argument.
teslashock (6:58:14 PM): it's cute
Simulated World (6:58:30 PM): it's just a lot of fun
Simulated World (6:58:31 PM): honestly
teslashock (6:58:38 PM): lol yeah i know
teslashock (6:58:52 PM): im not judging you. i think it's pretty hilarious

:headphne:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've already addressed this repeatedly. The fact that you don't think I see the value in politeness/manners seems to suggest that you haven't really understood anything I've said here. It's not that I don't see the value; it's that the conditions present here don't present any real benefit in it.
Then why are you still forcing the issue, you see some benefit in continuing this. I can here your next statement "but mommy, she started it"

Once again, I've made a deliberate decision to be abrasive in a lot of my forum posts. I'll sugar coat my language when there's something to be gained from it, but not when the worst possible consequence is offending a bunch of overly sensitive NFPs on an internet forum.
Your abrasiveness limits the possibilities to be gained from it. You kill your threads just as much as others do. It takes 2 to tango, you should learn to own BOTH your actions AND the cause of them. But you know what, once you truly do that then your abrasiveness would disappear, your to lazy though to deal with things without being abrasive so you continue to blame others as this gives you a reason to be abrasive.

This kind of lazy response on your part is not likely to encourage any more politeness from my end, btw.
This is like the pot calling The kettle black. And no I am not talking about a stainless steel pot, but an actual black pot, probably teflon in this day and age.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Then why are you still forcing the issue, you see some benefit in continuing this. I can here your next statement "but mommy, she started it"

Because I find arguing entertaining. Who started it is entirely irrelevant; I'd be arguing either way. I'm not "defending my honor" or anything silly like that. My honor isn't really threatened by an internet forum argument. It's just mindless fun.

Your abrasiveness limits the possibilities to be gained from it. You kill your threads just as much as others do. It takes 2 to tango, you should learn to own BOTH your actions AND the cause of them. But you know what, once you truly do that then your abrasiveness would disappear, your to lazy though to deal with things without being abrasive so you continue to blame others as this gives you a reason to be abrasive.

The cause is simple: Forums are a great place to get out the stuff you wish you could say in real life but can't for fear of retribution.

I'm irritated with a lot of Fi-ers both in real life and on the internet, but in real life I find ways to get along with them because I have to for practical reasons.

Here I just don't bother filtering myself. It's quite liberating; you should try it some time.

This is like the pot calling The kettle black. And no I am not talking about a stainless steel pot, but an actual black pot, probably teflon in this day and age.

I don't judge anybody else for being abrasive on an internet forum. It's just an internet forum. Lots of people use it for purposes of entertaining themselves by arguing pointless shit with anonymous strangers, myself included.

I'm just one of the few with enough honesty to admit to enjoying it.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Because I find arguing entertaining. Who started it is entirely irrelevant; I'd be arguing either way. I'm not "defending my honor" or anything silly like that.

The cause is simple: Forums are a great place to get out the stuff you wish you could say in real life but can't for fear of retribution.

I'm irritated with a lot of Fi-ers both in real life and on the internet, but in real life I find ways to get along with them because I have to for practical reasons.

Here I just don't bother filtering myself. It's quite liberating; you should try it some time.

I don't judge anybody else for being abrasive on an internet forum. It's just an internet forum. Lots of people use it for purposes of entertaining themselves by arguing pointless shit with anonymous strangers, myself included.

I'm just one of the few with enough honesty to admit to enjoying it.

eh, im getting kinda bored argueing with you, my lack of inferior Si doesnt create that comfort, but boredom. I am half tempted to start copying and pasting when I argue with you. While Fi wants to be thought of as unqiue, you really are not ;)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mommmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa The big, bad ENTP is back.

(Reminds me of the scene from Grumpy Old Men, when the old dad re-tells the Goldilocks story, "And then Goldilocks got out her Remington semi-automatic rifle - and that was the end of the three bears.")

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
eh, im getting kinda bored argueing with you, my lack of inferior Si doesnt create that comfort, but boredom. I am half tempted to start copying and pasting when I argue with you. While Fi wants to be thought of as unqiue, you really are not ;)

lol, that's how I feel when arguing with peacebaby.

Rest assured arguing on an internet forum is just a way of staving off boredom anyway.

When it comes to arguing on forums for entertainment, no, what I'm doing is absolutely not unique at all.

Which is why it's so strange to me that people so frequently misread my intentions.

The only difference between most forum arguers and me is that I openly admit that it's purely a game for entertainment purposes. Lots of others try to make some pretense at being compelled to defend their honor when others start arguments with them, but...me? I just like arguing.

Qre:us

Word of caution to anyone: ENTPs love having the last word. So feed the fire at your own discretion.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

GROWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

SNARLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL