• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Public Service Announcement to Paranoid Fi doms

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
IT'S ABOUT TIME!

It has long been known Fi-doms are the most useless members of society. We need to push for mandatory MBTI testing so we can identify them and remove them from the more useful members. Perhaps a camp in the mountains where they can sit around writing each other poetry or fingerpainting or whatever Fi-doms get up to.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait, I don't know my type yet. I had better settle down. Next thing you know, I might be an Fi dom. :blush:

Ah, ferk it!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Y'all are so crazy. It's great. So amusing.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
THEY'S GONE PUT ME IN A BOX

AN THEY'S GONE PUT YOU IN ONE TOOOOOOOOOOO

trapped_inside_the_box.jpg

[YOUTUBE="DccmKKnizFY"]Trapped in a Box![/YOUTUBE]

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IT'S ABOUT TIME!

It has long been known Fi-doms are the most useless members of society. We need to push for mandatory MBTI testing so we can identify them and remove them from the more useful members. Perhaps a camp in the mountains where they can sit around writing each other poetry or fingerpainting or whatever Fi-doms get up to.
You almost say it like you don't think it actually happens.

And if you think I poke fun, I'm *this* close to joining them. Papabear Rainbow and Butterfly Bill sound pretty good. And yes, they are nudists. They almost camped out near my hometown in Wyoming.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You almost say it like you don't think it actually happens.

And if you think I poke fun, I'm *this* close to joining them. Papabear Rainbow and Butterfly Bill sound pretty good. And yes, they are nudists. They almost camped out near my hometown in Wyoming.
Oh, they self-segregate? Even better!

They can take their indigo children too while they're at it.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
God, if only that were possible...*dreams*

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Because INFPs are the only people who continually misread extreme emotion into my writing. And yes, I think that's hysterical, and I absolutely do bait them into responding this way. It's just incredibly funny to me that the only people who keep taking the bait and flipping out/insisting that they can read my emotions perfectly are INFPs.

funny! because it's the Ti doms that automatically misread strong emotions in my posts. Besides I don't claim to know what anyone's feeling, unless they tell me because, its not worth my time guessing. which is what everyone does is guess, it might be a educated guess, but unless you're psychic it's still a guess.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, that's it, I'm going with my pink-with-purple-polka-dots children and flying with the fairies. And you assholes can stay on earth where life is boring and shitty and sucks.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*smack Little Linguist with a pillow filled with spikes* Opps -silly me! :blush: ;)

Spikes? Grabs foam pillow with some weight, but is soft. Smacks you hard enough to fly you across the room. Now thats Ti with a little added Fe. *ponders - I wonder how far my son would fly -> where can I by him a padded oufit -> Nah, decides to grab 2 foam pillows and sandwhich him between the 2 -> there now he doesnt fly acorss the room, simple physics*

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, that's it, I'm going with my pink-with-purple-polka-dots children and flying with the fairies. And you assholes can stay on earth where life is boring and shitty and sucks.

Actually,

Ti = gets us to the moon.

Fi = gets us large T.E. Lawrence forum signatures!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually,

Ti = gets us to the moon.

Fi = gets us large T.E. Lawrence forum signatures!

You love it. Come on. Cut the crap. :wubbie:

We love your weird-ass moon shit, and you love us weird poetry-reading daydreaming farts.

Just no one admits it.

(For the record, I still think you XNTPs are awesome even if you are cacti).

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Best posts ITT belong to toonia.
OP sounds hysterical and illogical.
Any type can be paranoid.
MBTI's 16 type system is flawed and incomplete (as any attempt at holistic personality categorization will be).
There is absolutely nothing wrong with questioning The System.

/end

Agreed. The best post was definitely toonia's, and this thread is quite sad.

Trying to categorize values and feelings about things makes one dissociate from them altogether. You can box all the values in this world into a Fi box, say that Fi is a nuisance and throw them out of the window; you'll throw away a very significant portion of all myths, religions and literature, but apparently you won't mind.

Why do you hate Fi so much? Do you perceive it useless, threatening or what? Well, most people in this society do - Te and Ti are definitely more highly regarded in this world. Ideals, feelings, emotions, values, heart... We're encouraged to get rid of them because they won't get us anywhere and they're not "logical". I don't see any reason why they should be logical - they were not made to be logical, they make sense of the world in a wholly different way that you perhaps don't fully understand, and maybe that's what annoys you.

I find that NTPs often feel they're superior because they can make a logical sense of and understand just about everything... But then I talk with my NTP friends about books written by Fi writers and find out they didn't get the main idea at all. Suddenly their brilliant brain couldn't make sense of the most basic thing. Perhaps it's like that with your view of Fi in general; maybe you just missed the point. Perhaps you should stop bashing and try to understand, as Amargith suggested?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
:yim_rolling_on_the_ hahahaha, large T.E. Lawrence signaturs ftw

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You love it. Come on. Cut the crap. :wubbie:

We love your weird-ass moon shit, and you love us weird poetry-reading daydreaming farts.

Just no one admits it.

(For the record, I still think you XNTPs are awesome even if you are cacti).

Well, there are... wait a minute!

Fi-TRAP!!!
Fi-TRAP!!!
Fi-TRAP!!!
Fi-TRAP!!!
Fi-TRAP!!!

You almost got me!

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sorry!:blush:
But it was the perfect illustration! (And true to what I was saying, I was looking more at the aspects of the theory you were conveying, than you personally, in the "lab" analysis!)

Yep, you have a good point and it aligns pretty well with the Fi+Te vs. Ti+Fe models that I use. My conception of logic is internal and ethics external; for Fi+Te people, it is the opposite.

This creates a lot of clashes.

Best posts ITT belong to toonia.
OP sounds hysterical and illogical.
Any type can be paranoid.
MBTI's 16 type system is flawed and incomplete (as any attempt at holistic personality categorization will be).
There is absolutely nothing wrong with questioning The System.

No, but there is something wrong with the terrible reading comprehension you've shown here...

A) I never said non-Fi types couldn't be paranoid. I even stated repeatedly that most Fi doms are not paranoid. Learn to read.
B) I stated in thread that I find MBTI inadequate and a gross oversimplification of Jung's theories. Learn to read.
C) I never said there was anything wrong with questioning the system; I'm just irritated with some of the ludicrous conspiracy theories certain Fi doms have assigned to the concept of categorizing personality type. Learn to read.

Agreed. The best post was definitely toonia's, and this thread is quite sad.

Trying to categorize values and feelings about things makes one dissociate from them altogether. You can box all the values in this world into a Fi box, say that Fi is a nuisance and throw them out of the window; you'll throw away a very significant portion of all myths, religions and literature, but apparently you won't mind.

I never said that Fi is totally worthless. You guys are stretching really far to invent straw men to burn--but they're purely your own inventions.

Why do you hate Fi so much? Do you perceive it useless, threatening or what? Well, most people in this society do - Te and Ti are definitely more highly regarded in this world. Ideals, feelings, emotions, values, heart... We're encouraged to get rid of them because they won't get us anywhere and they're not "logical". I don't see any reason why they should be logical - they were not made to be logical, they make sense of the world in a wholly different way that you perhaps don't fully understand, and maybe that's what annoys you.

I don't hate it so much as find a lot of its positions irritating and unreasonable. I don't claim to fully understand it--there's another straw man you pulled out of your ass, like 95% of your post here.

All I said was that paranoid Fi doms are being ridiculous when they invent over-the-top conspiracy theories about personality categorization.

Note that this doesn't address non-paranoid Fi doms (who I've stated repeatedly are a majority), nor does it completely dismiss the value in Fi, nor does it say anything about hating Fi people. You filled in all of those blanks yourself. (And conveniently supported my ongoing hypothesis that Fi+Ne bends over backwards to imagine hostility when none is actually there.) :)

I find that NTPs often feel they're superior because they can make a logical sense of and understand just about everything... But then I talk with my NTP friends about books written by Fi writers and find out they didn't get the main idea at all. Suddenly their brilliant brain couldn't make sense of the most basic thing. Perhaps it's like that with your view of Fi in general; maybe you just missed the point. Perhaps you should stop bashing and try to understand, as Amargith suggested?

Great, anecdotal evidence ftw. Sorry if I don't buy that Ti is somehow less capable of literary analysis. We can pick out what theme an author was trying to convey even if we don't share a first-person perspective that feels the same way.

Lurker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
No, but there is something wrong with the terrible reading comprehension you've shown here...

A) I never said non-Fi types couldn't be paranoid. I even stated repeatedly that most Fi doms are not paranoid. Learn to read.
B) I stated in thread that I find MBTI inadequate and a gross oversimplification of Jung's theories. Learn to read.
C) I never said there was anything wrong with questioning the system; I'm just irritated with some of the ludicrous conspiracy theories certain Fi doms have assigned to the concept of categorizing personality type. Learn to read.

I would comment, but...

reading+for+dummies.jpg

sculpting

Yep, you have a good point and it aligns pretty well with the Fi+Te vs. Ti+Fe models that I use. My conception of logic is internal and ethics external; for Fi+Te people, it is the opposite.

This creates a lot of clashes.

I like to think of them as bloody Te wars where I sacrifice entps to the sungod!

well maybe only the boy ones as I like the girl ones.

aztecs.gif