• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Changing from P to J ??

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
So...
Now I'm pretty sure I'm ENTJ...

I did the test of Cognitive processes and ended up with:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.6)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************* (21.4)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.6)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.7)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************** (38.5)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************** (23.7)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************* (25.6)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************* (31.5)
good use

And with a result of ENTJ

Then i read the description here: ENTJ and became even more sure about that.

I just don't understand why at the beginning I always scored and was pretty sure of ENTP?

I guess in this case my high Ne was pretty confusing?

sleepy

My P seems to be set in stone, it's like it has full domination. I feel like a total victim to it :(

/end of envy

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I thought I was an INFJ for several years. Then I actually learned about MBTI. :)

Don't be alarmed if you learn you're a different type than you thought you were.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
What, a P preference indicates a preference against preparedness, preparation, and planning, you have a preference for preparedness, and therefore you cannot have a P preference?

My opinion shouldn't matter much, but the description of yourself given in the OP matches my observations of healthy ENTPs and one slightly neurotic INTJ. I'm still leaning towards ENTP, but don't have conclusive evidence to prove such.

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
What, a P preference indicates a preference against preparedness, preparation, and planning, you have a preference for preparedness, and therefore you cannot have a P preference?

My opinion shouldn't matter much, but the description of yourself given in the OP matches my observations of healthy ENTPs and one slightly neurotic INTJ. I'm still leaning towards ENTP, but don't have conclusive evidence to prove such.

As I'm still in my late teens, I believe my personality may still be developing very much. I just realized that this change- it's nothing new for me, like a year or two ago I didn't care about my looks at all and lets be honest my taste was terrible. And then suddenly it started to change and I believe now I have developed my Se so far, that (hopefully) I don't have to feel awkward about my looks anymore :D Also I rather use my Fi than Fe, fx I used to care what people think about me, but now I don't, though I do care what do they think of the work and tasks I've done. This may also be a reason why I've become somewhat manipulative too.

However I still believe that I'm somewhere on the borderline with an ENTP, because I still show some of this type qualities, but as time flows I am starting to become ENTJ-ish more and more. And as I already said- my exchange year could be the main catalyst for that.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
So...
Now I'm pretty sure I'm ENTJ...

I did the test of Cognitive processes and ended up with:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.6)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************* (21.4)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.6)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.7)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************** (38.5)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************** (23.7)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************* (25.6)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************* (31.5)
good use

And with a result of ENTJ

Called it.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just changed from P to J too.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm getting really confused, if a while ago i was completely sure I was P, then now i think I'm a really small p or x or even j. I'm sure that I was born as a pure P, but as both of my parents are a complete J psychos, I would like to tend to believe that they just made a big influence in me, but the thing is that while i was daily contacting and living together with them I was a P, but as I'm for half an year more or less on my own, my J-ness shows out more and more. :steam:

So basically the thing is that my working style has changed a lot. For important appointments I always leave earlier, I start and try to finish important stuff a while before the deadline, I use lists to remember all the things I have to do, I make plans, I hate when people waste my time because of their disorganized lifestyle. And basically yes, I really give a damn about everything that seems somewhat important to me.

But, I still have this laziness, even though I make plans and time tables, I rarely follow them completely. :D I love to postpone things a little bit and yeah, some P stuff is still alive in me. I'm not sure what to think. Is it even possible?

All this describes me too; I first tested as J, then thought I was P for a long time because I don't think I'm productive and efficient enough to be J; but I've always been in the middle, and my CF test results (in my sig) suggest I'm just X. And that's ok. You might be X as well, or you might as you say just be evolving. I think people can change type over the years, but it's not really a popular opinion.