• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How can you STAND intuitives!?

Yloh

MBTI Type
ENFJ
This is true, there is a difference between hearing what someone is saying and listening to what someone is saying and interpreting that accordingly.

eg. my interpretation of the conversation goes as follows, reading between the lines of course this is what KarenParker and N-people really wanted to say to each other. :newwink:

ME: Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
I want a new job, if I had a knife I'd start stabbing people!

N-people: Well a lot of people have jobs.
Consider yourself lucky you HAVE a job!

ME: Right... so should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
I'm in agony, why the fuck aren't you helping? I'm bleeding here already.

N-people: You could quit your job now but you could also wait to have another one lined up.
Fuck this shit, just quit your job biatch!

ME: I know that already. That's what I just asked you though. I asked YOU that same thing in question form.
Are you mocking me? Because if you are then you'll just have to die!

N-people: Asked what?
YES...yes I am!!!

ME: *blood starts boiling* Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
Fuck you then I'll quit my job!

N-people: Ooooh right, right. I would put cooked spaghetti in my mailbox for a week or so.
Ooooh sex, sex. I mean let me help you with that shirt, ahh wait I mean I'll start donating food right away, it'll come in real handy later on if you know what I mean.

ME: *turns into the Hulk*
:huh: She-Ra it is then!

LOL :rofl1:

Your translation is almost exactly what I was thinking when I first read this.

G

garbage

I will say that some intuitives have a problem of not identifying their pronouns, or jumping to a new topic or even an older topic, leaving people around them oblivious as to what they're talking about.

Reminding my ENTP dad to think before he speaks is like asking a child to use his "inside voice" :doh:

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
I can speak sensor ... even SJ. I've had a lot of practice over the course of my life. For example:

Don't quit your job unless you have something else lined up, because you don't want to experience the hardships of unemployment or be a burden on somebody else to support you.

Whereas the N in me really wants to ask ... why do you want to quit your job?

I try to tailor my conversation towards the recipient(s). I've been married to a sensors for over 20 years, so it is a matter of survival. Still, I do enjoy my "deep" talks with other inuitives.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OP is hilarious! More N-bashing is just what this place needs.
I do find NP open-endedness annoying, my own, in particular.
We don't get much done, it's true, but the mindsex is awesome. :)

TaPEnTP

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
1w2

I will eventually (probably...maybe) read all 13 pages, but for now I will just answer since this seems extremely fun:

If you really WANT to quit your job, then you are supposed to, regardless of details like another job being lined up or not. If you are SUPPOSED to, then DURING the time of contemplation that led to this decision, SOME other opportunity would have presented itself, either in imagination or a literal way, which you will without question follow...given that you TRULY NEED and WANT to quit. Therefore, this question, does not apply to anyone, but it takes an "N" to make you feel stupid for asking it...=D

B

beyondaurora

Conversational terrorism is just FUN! :D

Regardless of whether it is an N or an S thing, conversational terrorism is not fun! I HATE when people do this to me. It's incredibly frustrating! And it seems that ENTP's do it to me the most. Why, why, why??!:steam:

MBTI Type
INFJ
:D:D:D....this thread is really hilarious!
........I really have problems with the NP-openendedness.....omg..... whenever I ask my bf for advice, he does things similar like to the op said...aaargh. but, then......I also sometimes hate it when people just say "do this...and do this" and don't understand that I AM AMBIGUOUS, and that there is not only one side to the issue.....

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I disagree. Tuna out of a can makes for a pretty sweet meal. Whether you;ve got a home or not!

Yeah, Bumblebee makes these great flavored ones like tomato basil and I totally eat it right out of the can. The Thai chili one is decent too.

G

Ginkgo

How do you TypoC people STAND those other TypeoC people?? I can't comprehend a word they're saying! You're all just a bunch of coke heads!!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
How do you TypoC people STAND those other TypeoC people?? I can't comprehend a word they're saying! You're all just a bunch of coke heads!!

It's true. TG and I were snorting jesus earlier in Vent off of old Rush albums.

Also, to the OP, do you think N stands for the psychic friends network? Why should an N know better than you what you should do with your life? Very few of us can actually see the future.

G

Ginkgo

It's true. TG and I were snorting jesus earlier in Vent off of old Rush albums.

Also, to the OP, do you think N stands for the psychic friends network? Why should an N know better than you what you should do with their life? Very few of us can actually see the future.

I'm wearing a Rush t-shirt right now. *sniff*

Oh shit, that reminds me, I need to tell my INFJ friend about Snakes and Arrows.

ps - You're only human if your poop looks serpentine. It's the only feature that distinguishes us from the cows, who excrete dinosaur shaped paddies.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
'cause they're fun to make fun of... "dammit C, if I see you talk to one more caterpillar I'm NOT decorating your strawberry daquiri with GI joe statues and pineapples!" :nono:

also, it's fun to let the Ne stretch its legs out with the intuitives and play with rediculous scenarios! :laugh:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For some bizarre reason, I want to retitle this thread, "If You Give an N a Nookie..." and have Carol Kane to come in to dub the "thread on tape" session.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Should N tell you what to do with YOUR life?

Also, your first question is not well-defined. You should explain why are you considering quitting your actual job. If you give a hint, to help N figure out the whole picture, he/she will be glad to help you.

To get proper answers, just make proper questions.

And, don´t be so prejudiced. Putting all intuitives in the same bag. That´s just not right.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Should I tell you what to do with YOUR life?

Also, your first question is not well-defined. You should explain why are you considering quitting your actual job. If you give me (an Intuitive) a hint, to help me figure out the whole picture, I´ll be glad to help you.

To get proper answers, just make proper questions.

And, don´t be so prejudiced. Putting us all in the same bag. That´s just not right.

I guess the ISTJ thing is a joke?

With only 4 posts on this board, you'll comeback to regret you made that last statement.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I guess the ISTJ thing is a joke?

With only 4 posts on this board, you'll comeback to regret you made that last statement.

Just edited the post. I answer from my point of view quite often. Excuse me.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Just edited the post. I answer from my point of view quite often. Excuse me.

Got you..I caught that.

I'm in shadow mode right now after a traumatic experience the other day. I'm an ISTJ most of the time. That means you're my cousin- welcome to the forum!