• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How can you STAND intuitives!?

Qre:us

I think she's just showing frustration to N's by expressing an example, I don't think she actually wants help right now on her job process. ;)*

Well she did say that intuitive never answer a question directly, and gave an example, so we're giving examples back that we can/cannot answer directly. :D

As for how to stand intuitives, it'd be by acknowledging that this world needs both practical reality and abstract possibilities.

Our future is soon enough going to be our present. Our present will soon enough be our past.

If you can value all three conditions of a moment: past, present and future, then you'd find value in needing not only the practical reality of the here-and-now but also what it could be.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Standing is actually a fairly coordinated but automatic function of the larger leg, and to some degree the core abdominal and back muscles. It relies on proprioceptive feedback combined with inner ear balance feedback and visual cues to accomplish. Really, there isn't that much of a fundamental difference in the nervous systems of sensors and intuitives. Sensing and intuition are a higher cognitive process than standing. Standing is accomplished in the exact same way by both preferences, although they are likely to be perceiving information in a different way while accomplishing this common but interesting neuromuscular feat.

It's all about the punctuation: "How can you STAND, intuitives!?" :D

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well she did say that intuitive never answer a question directly, and gave an example, so we're giving examples back that we can/cannot answer directly. :D

Oh you silly intuitives, tricks are for kids! :smile:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Intuitives need sensors to help lead them through the forest, otherwise they'd keep bumping into trees. :bye:

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
They never answer a question. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and confusing unless they can speak sensor language. Aren't you Ns annoyed by other Ns? How do you ever get anything done? Plus, if you do somehow get them to answer a question, it makes no freaking sense. Examples (because that's how I roll):

ME: Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
N-people: Well a lot of people have jobs.
ME: Right... so should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
N-people: You could quit your job now but you could also wait to have another one lined up.
ME: I know that already. That's what I just asked you though. I asked YOU that same thing in question form.
N-people: Asked what?
ME: *blood starts boiling* Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
N-people: Ooooh right, right. I would put cooked spaghetti in my mailbox for a week or so.
ME: *turns into the Hulk*
:rofl1:
Now I see lots of people answering the example question about the job and NOT your REAL question - how we can stand intuitives!
I'll try to answer! (yes I'm an N)

1) I think you're quite right with your observation here - about "not answering the question directly" being an N thing. Our attention is everywhere at the same time. We try to answer by making it abstract and placing it in a broader context.

2) I can see those people thinking: "why should *I* decide what *she* does with her job?". But instead of just saying "I can't give you advice on that," they try to "help" by associating to all sorts of possibilities.

3) Never ask an Intuitive for a decisive answer (especially not an NP!). You won't get "quit now" or "wait". The best you can get is all sorts of possibilities and how they would work out and what consequences they would give... Probably the Intuitive will give even more possibilities. You ask "Should I do A or B?" and our N answers: "You can do A or B or C or D or E".

4) I don't really have problems with Intuitives. Well, I'm very N, mostly I'm the offender on this part. I have problems with keeping things concrete.

5) If I ask advice and I get something like that, I would conclude it means that I should decide myself.

Now, did I answer your question?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's true. Ns are stupid and irritating.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They never answer a question. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and confusing unless they can speak sensor language. Aren't you Ns annoyed by other Ns? How do you ever get anything done?

Your frustrated ranting hidden behind a handful of questions really makes me want to slap you for an undisclosed time. No offense.

G

Ginkgo

"Do what you want" is the SP motto.

hartypard.gif

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
They never answer a question. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and confusing unless they can speak sensor language. Aren't you Ns annoyed by other Ns? How do you ever get anything done? Plus, if you do somehow get them to answer a question, it makes no freaking sense. Examples (because that's how I roll):

ME: Right... so should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
N-people: You could quit your job now but you could also wait to have another one lined up.
ME: I know that already. That's what I just asked you though. I asked YOU that same thing in question form.
ME: *blood starts boiling* Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
N-people: Ooooh right, right. I would put cooked spaghetti in my mailbox for a week or so.

1. Don't ask an N a question if we annoy you and "never answer it"?

2. If someone asked me this question, I would think it's not up to me to decide such a thing for someone else. I would give the options as I see them, that would be my way of trying to help I guess, by looking at it from different angles. I don't see why that's confusing? I actually find it odd that someone would expect a completely direct, concrete answer to something like that. :shock: It's not for someone else to decide, and it doesn't have one answer. Surely it's best to see it from more than one angle?

3. No, I'm not annoyed by other N's (in general) at all.

4. N's make sense to those who understand them. :yes:
OK, we can tend to run off into something that may seems unrelated, but it is related to us. This is what MBTI is all about - we're all different.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You know KarenParker trying to put your responsibility onto your N friend to tell you what you already know sounds to me like insecurity.

While it is fair to say NP's would leave questions open ended, NJ's will be curt.
This depends on your history with the person.
Either way you get more responses to this thread so kudos to you.

To answer. Yes I answer questions. Yes I can be helpful if I choose to be but I choose to be unhelpful as this bounces the responsibility back to the person asking the question to figure it out.

Nope not annoyed at other N's but there is a limit with some S's, when I want to dive deeper into the psyche and they just want to dwell on the surface my quotient of nourishing food for thought isn't fulfilled. Not that it matters much these days I'm a fluctuating big time myself these days between the two mediums.

Rather how do P's get anything done, is the supercilious question of the 21st century. Quite simply by getting a shovel and scratching that itch every now and again. Its harder than it sounds but given enough focus anything is possible.

As said, to answer a question with another question.

Amused.

Its a riddle that you have to break out in sweat for, try mores code instead or play with TJ friends if your wanting upfront commentary. All this abstract mumbo jumbo is enough to give me constipation.

I seriously doubt it is just iNtuition alone that is causing this much consternation.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
You know KarenParker trying to put your responsibility onto your N friend to tell you what you already know sounds to me like insecurity.
To answer. Yes I answer questions. Yes I can be helpful if I choose to be but I choose to be unhelpful as this bounces the responsibility back to the person asking the question to figure it out.
True, but we should learn to say so directly, instead of (seemingly) not paying attention. If you look at the example's answers... I would get very annoyed by them, too.
"Should I do A or B?"
"You should decide this yourself."
Simple, isn't it? I don't think Karen is annoyed by those people not deciding for her, but by those people not giving attention to the question.

It's like - I'm asking a serious question, people are joking. I hate that. You can take the question seriously and literally place the responsibility back where it belongs. At least, you show that you care.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Is this a question you ask frequently? Was said Intuitive distracted at the time? Has the intuitive in question, given you advice before?
I really do hope the OP answers me...Although I doubt it. LOL
See when we ask questions, or make statements that are seemingly unrelated, quite often they are relevant, but we need more info before we give our answers.

Yloh

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm an N and I wouldn't answer like that. First of all I would find out why you want to quit your old job. Ideas would be spinning in my hear as to why you want a new job (do you hate your old job, more money, better hours, location, etc). I mean this kind of question can have me answer both quit your job now, or wait till you find a new one. I don't like answering questions like this unless I have more information. Do you need the money (meaning can you survive with out a job), are you going to school, how hard is it to find a good job in your city, etc. Your question has very little information and it would kill me to tell you one thing and have it hurt you in the end.

If I had no information at all and you asked me that question, I would say stick with your job till you get a new one. That is a solid answer you would like and I would give you my reasons why I would say that as well.

The thing with intuitives is we often ask "why". You can say is we want to see the bigger picture before we make the detailed decisions, or in this case give you the detailed answer.

Last edited:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i would answer too...but i'd first say yes you should and list all the reasons why you should and get you excited about how fantastic it will be...haha

and then tell you why it would also be a good idea not to quit and list all the logical reasons why it really is in your best interest....

and...probably go back and forth a couple times with that...and may convince myself in the process that i should also quit my job and hey!! we could do blah blah blah together and!!!

haha...must be maddening...or very very cool and helpful...either way :)

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
True, but we should learn to say so directly, instead of (seemingly) not paying attention. If you look at the example's answers... I would get very annoyed by them, too.
"Should I do A or B?"
"You should decide this yourself."
Simple, isn't it? I don't think Karen is annoyed by those people not deciding for her, but by those people not giving attention to the question.

It's like - I'm asking a serious question, people are joking. I hate that. You can take the question seriously and literally place the responsibility back where it belongs. At least, you show that you care.

This is true, there is a difference between hearing what someone is saying and listening to what someone is saying and interpreting that accordingly.

eg. my interpretation of the conversation goes as follows, reading between the lines of course this is what KarenParker and N-people really wanted to say to each other. :newwink:

I want a new job, if I had a knife I'd start stabbing people!

Consider yourself lucky you HAVE a job!

I'm in agony, why the fuck aren't you helping? I'm bleeding here already.

Fuck this shit, just quit your job biatch!

Are you mocking me? Because if you are then you'll just have to die!

YES...yes I am!!!

Fuck you then I'll quit my job!

Ooooh sex, sex. I mean let me help you with that shirt, ahh wait I mean I'll start donating food right away, it'll come in real handy later on if you know what I mean.

:huh: She-Ra it is then!

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
How is it possible not to know if you should quit your job or wait? How is it possible that somebody else knows better?

(i'm not being serious)