• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How can you STAND intuitives!?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If someone did that to me I would ask them "Why can't you give me a straight answer?" If they didn't give me a straight answer then, I'd probably stop talking to them.

I actually know one intuitive who does this to mess with me, and I do it right back. :D Gotta fight fire with fire. He acts all complicated, and I act stupid on purpose.

I don't think you guys understand the context. This is a serious question. You don't take stuff like that... not seriously. That would take about ~15 seconds to answer. Then if you wanted to be silly afterwards then yeah.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Honestly, i can't stand most intuitives either. There's nothing more annoying than an overly dismissive NT who thinks they know everything because they study Math and Physics, thus making all else irrelevent in the world. My most FAVORITE people are ISTJs w/o sticks up their asses and not overly obsessed with organization. A chill ISTJ is the coolest person in the world if you ask me.

.... but then again, Sensor bother me just as much in other ways..... . such as you, miss parker ESFP!! "that's how i roll" <---- wtf, i've heard that same line 183252353 times from my ESTP Haitian friend SO MANY TIMES NOW i don't think it has any meaning. WHY DO YOU EVEN SAY THOSE DAMNED THINGS?!? and you accuse Intuitives of saying nothing? :p

I guess i just hate everybody!

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
They never answer a question. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and confusing unless they can speak sensor language. Aren't you Ns annoyed by other Ns? How do you ever get anything done? Plus, if you do somehow get them to answer a question, it makes no freaking sense. Examples (because that's how I roll):

ME: Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
N-people: Well a lot of people have jobs.
ME: Right... so should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
N-people: You could quit your job now but you could also wait to have another one lined up.
ME: I know that already. That's what I just asked you though. I asked YOU that same thing in question form.
N-people: Asked what?
ME: *blood starts boiling* Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
N-people: Ooooh right, right. I would put cooked spaghetti in my mailbox for a week or so.
ME: *turns into the Hulk*

Well if it was me I'd be thinking on the inside: Why the fuck is this person asking me such a stupid question? Why do I know or care if you should quit your job? But I'd give you vague non-committal answers instead, because telling you that might just be considered rude.

For future reference though, would most people prefer it straight?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Thing is, I will advise a friend that it's not a good idea to quit the job if they don't have something else lined up (not exactly rocket science) but they usually have already made their decision but want me to tell them to do whatever it is they are already going to do anyway. Then, when they are broke because they quit their job like an idiot, they want to borrow gas money or crash on my sofa.

G

garbage

This is a serious question. ... That would take about ~15 seconds to answer.

I would seriously hope that a question as serious as the one the OP had would take more than 15 seconds to answer.

A quick answer isn't always the best one. I could just arbitrarily state "quit your job" immediately after being asked, but I'd rather have a feel for the situation as a whole before I give an answer. It would take some time to discuss the context of the question so that a good answer can actually be given and, hopefully, agreed upon. I'd want the other person to feel comfortable with the choice that they're going to make before they actually go off and make it, too.

But, hey. If the other person wants a quick answer, I'll give it to them. I make no guarantees that it'll be a thoughtful one, though.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I would seriously hope that a question as serious as the one the OP had would take more than 15 seconds to answer.

BC is really practical, and his Ni makes him capable of understanding the most essential aspects of an issue. He could probably answer in 15 seconds :yes:

Us Ne-doms, we have a little more trouble with quickly formulating an answer to something like that though. We complicate the matter with all these possible repercussions and implications, and we want to understand the issue fully before offering advice, so it takes us a bit more time to talk through it and figure out a solution. That's probably why people like KP's intuitive friend just sluff off those kind of important questions; thinking about them can some times be exhausting. If we aren't particularly interested in the issue, we just avoid thinking about it on a substantial level and focus on something that will be more entertaining (ie, beating around the bush, poking fun, offering some kind of tangential joke, etc.).

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For future reference though, would most people prefer it straight?

Answering with your own words. ;)

Why the fuck is this person asking me such a stupid question?

Giving it straight is the best way you can do it 99% of the time, unless you're walking on egg shells. But that's a different context.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
If this is a true story or even close to anything you've experienced, I'm convinced you have an idiot issue and not an iNtuitive issue.

This ^ if what you wrote was a typical conversation between you and your iNtuitive friend. However, in another line of thinking, maybe they were just messing with you. Maybe they thought it was funny, maybe they didn't want to answer this question, maybe they didn't think you'd care about their answer, and you would do what you wanted to do anyway, maybe they didn't want to play into whatever they thought you may be expecting of them, maybe... I'll just stop there.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
This ^ if what you wrote was a typical conversation between you and your iNtuitive friend. However, in another line of thinking, maybe they were just messing with you. Maybe they thought it was funny, maybe they didn't want to answer this question, maybe they didn't think you'd care about their answer, and you would do what you wanted to do anyway, maybe they didn't want to play into whatever they thought you may be expecting of them, maybe... I'll just stop there.

Exactly. This is probably not an "idiot issue". Conversational terrorism is just FUN! :D

You'd think an ESFP would understand the meaning behind fun, but then again with generalizations such as this...maybe not.

lastrailway

ME: Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?

I don't know what would I answer. I hate giving advice because I fear of the possibility to influence people, when I can't possibly know the pros and cons of the situation as well as they know.

But I would ask you what are you thinking of doing and why, why you want to quit your job, what are you expecting from a possible new job (= how high are your standards = how much will it take you to find another job), how competent you are anyway and how's the market on your field.

I have found that some people do not really want answers, just an opportunity to make a conversation, so that they can speak their mind and order a bit their thought process.

But if you actually wanted and answer, well I would not be the one to give it to you, because I think there are pros and cons in any of the two possibilities and I cannot weight them up for you.

Anyway, my Ne is pretty low, but I think that's more of a P-think: decision making is not a very quick process to me. And I think many other Ps will agree that they dislike giving advice, particularly on important stuff that can affect your life.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To answer the question, the best thing to have done would be to wait until you have another job. That way you would have money to survive, even if your current job is shitty you will at least have money.

lastrailway

To answer the question, the best thing to have done would be to wait until you have another job. That way you would have money to survive, even if your current job is shitty you will at least have money.

The problem is that it's way more difficult to make serious moves to find another job when you're already working full time. And it all depends on what you're really expecting from this job change. To quit from a shitty job and find another equally or slightly less shitty is not very good idea.

It also depends on how much you calculate you can survive without a salary (ie, savings, etc).

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The problem is that it's way more difficult to make serious moves to find another job when you're already working full time. And it all depends on what you're really expecting from this job change. To quit from a shitty job and find another equally or slightly less shitty is not very good idea.

It also depends on how much you calculate you can survive without a salary (ie, savings, etc).

Yeah. Another thing to keep in mind is context. How shitty the current job is... if you really need to leave. Or if you can manage finding another job while being at your current one.

We'd need more details/context to fully answer the OP's question.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I get that the OP was an exaggeration, but the answers they're giving you are probably designed to, like Night said, get more information from you in case you're really serious about needing advice.

If you ask those kinds of questions all the time and don't really listen to the answers, though, they're probably giving you stupid answers on purpose, so they don't have to waste their time.

What drives me nuts about Ss sometimes is that they will sometimes just ask rhetorical questions like that because they're bored while I'm trying to concentrate on a project. :-D

lastrailway

Yeah. Another thing to keep in mind is context. How shitty the current job is... if you really need to leave. Or if you can manage finding another job while being at your current one.

Yap, see, hard to answer. It's just better ask for more information in this case - in many cases the person can be just frustrated and all they need is to lay out the information in an organised well-enough way to explain it to others.

I think we're the only ones that actually know what's better for ourselves.

G

garbage

exactly

A-I

MBTI Type
INFP
B]ME:[/B] Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?

If you're thinking this question, and even asking someone else about it, you already know what to do. If you haven't started looking for another job you're either a tool or you just want to quit really fast. If you really want to say fuck it and just quit, just do it. Don't be a pussy. (pun intended).

If you're obligated to a longer resignation period if you get fired, then do something to get fired. Think about it.

heart

heart on fire
To KP, get a piece of paper, write down all the reasons why you shouldn't quit your job verses all the reasons why you should. Yes, do this all on paper, not in your head.

Consider this is a bad economy, research and know what prospects your skills have in the market right now, how long are others with your skills searching for work, how much savings do you have to live on, could you make it if you couldn't find work? etc.

^ Inferior Te, no charge.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
To KP, get a piece of paper, write down all the reasons why you shouldn't quit your job verses all the reasons why you should. Yes, do this all on paper, not in your head.

Consider this is a bad economy, research and know what prospects your skills have in the market right now, how long are others with your skills searching for work, how much savings do you have to live on, could you make it if you couldn't find work? etc.

^ Inferior Te, no charge.
Heart!!! I didn't notice you were posting again until just now. So good to see you! :hug: