• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How can you STAND intuitives!?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha! Too bad you can blame it when you make a bad decision. Or, can you...?

Oh, no worries here: I am a skilled excusist -- I can blame anything. :)
And besides...

Me: "Magic 8 ball, can I blame you for everything?"
Ball: "All signs point to no."
Me: *thinks, shakes ball again*
Ball: "Definitely yes."
Me: *beams*

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
...You crazy ESFPs. :D

"Help me decide what to do with my li.... ooooh, look, candy! And... oh did i tell you what i had for dinner last ni... oh, that skirt is on sale and.... ooooooh so-and-so really steamed me up during lunch, I wish they would ha... hmmm.... i wonder if it will rain today, i really hope not."

HAHAHA! This sounds just like my GF! (ISFJ) But I find it charming. :wubbie:

ygolo

My termites win
ME: Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?

I would have said "I don't want to answer that question."

If you asked why, I would have said "because I don't want my advice to have, in any way, contributed to your future lack of well-being."

But if you kept pressing, I would have said, "Find another job first. Only then, quit your job."

Oh, and I do find some N's annoying for similar reasons as you.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
They never answer a question. It's impossible for them. And they're usually not helpful at all and confusing unless they can speak sensor language. Aren't you Ns annoyed by other Ns? How do you ever get anything done? Plus, if you do somehow get them to answer a question, it makes no freaking sense. Examples (because that's how I roll):

ME: Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
N-people: Well a lot of people have jobs.
ME: Right... so should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
N-people: You could quit your job now but you could also wait to have another one lined up.
ME: I know that already. That's what I just asked you though. I asked YOU that same thing in question form.
N-people: Asked what?
ME: *blood starts boiling* Should I quit my job now or wait until I have another one lined up?
N-people: Ooooh right, right. I would put cooked spaghetti in my mailbox for a week or so.
ME: *turns into the Hulk*

My answer would depend on how much I care about you. If I cared I wouldn't answer that way^. I would try to help. If I really could give a damn, I would probably ask you, why the hell you're asking me. You're an adult, answer your own damn question.

Now if you would care to discuss the pros and cons, and ask less general questions, we might get somewhere. I certainly don't want to dig all the variables out of you. I have better things to do, like clean my toilet, or wash my cat.

:)

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
My answer would depend on how much I care about you. If I cared I wouldn't answer that way^. I would try to help. If I really could give a damn, I would probably ask you, why the hell you're asking me. You're an adult, answer your own damn question.

Now if you would care to discuss the pros and cons, and ask less general questions, we might get somewhere. I certainly don't want to dig all the variables out of you. I have better things to do, like clean my toilet, or wash my cat.

:)

You're not supposed to bathe a cat!

-A Veterinary Assistant

:D

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh, no worries here: I am a skilled excusist -- I can blame anything. :)
And besides...

Me: "Magic 8 ball, can I blame you for everything?"
Ball: "All signs point to no."
Me: *thinks, shakes ball again*
Ball: "Definitely yes."
Me: *beams*
Ooo, you're better than I am.:laugh:

Reminds me of this:
2007-01-05%20Magic-8-ball.gif

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
You should ask an ENTJ instead.

Not only will they answer your question, but they will write out a full life plan for you.

I'm talking 10 year plan, 20 year plan, and 50 year plan. Both career and personal. Also, with alternatives and their potential outcomes.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:boohoo: I have no option but to endure iNtuitives on a daily... secondly basis! :(

on your op though, I usually am much better at giving other people advice than fixing my own problems- mostly because I care more about what happens to me :blush: Mostly it would involve asking you what the pros and cons of both situations were and asking you which you thought came out ahead... this approach gets the most admiration for help-ability with the least amount of me actually listening occurring! :holy:

on my own arbirtary decisions though? coin flipping tends to do the trick... :cool:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
You're not supposed to bathe a cat!

-A Veterinary Assistant

:D

Well then. Tell her to stay clean, pest free, and well groomed.

I doubt she would appreciate being plastic wrapped. She would smother me in my sleep. :D

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Well then. Tell her to stay clean, pest free, and well groomed.

I doubt she would appreciate being plastic wrapped. She would smother me in my sleep. :D

You might want to consider giving her Advantage. It's the only flea killer that works. You can only get it at a vet's office. And this white powder stuff to sprinkle all over your house but I can't remember what it's called right now. If she has dandruff it is probably either because she is being bathed and it's drying out her skin and making her produce more oil or because she is overweight or because she is eating a low quality cat food that has too much grain in it and not enough protein. (cats are carnivores, their bodies are not built to eat grain)

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Wait until you have another job lined up unless you don't actually need to work, because living in your car eating tuna out of the can sucks.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
You might want to consider giving her Advantage. It's the only flea killer that works. You can only get it at a vet's office. And this white powder stuff to sprinkle all over your house but I can't remember what it's called right now. If she has dandruff it is probably either because she is being bathed and it's drying out her skin and making her produce more oil or because she is overweight or because she is eating a low quality cat food that has too much grain in it and not enough protein. (cats are carnivores, their bodies are not built to eat grain)

Off topic. She gets Frontline. And she gets a bath very infrequently, she's got to be particularly nasty to earn a bath. She is the smallest cat I have ever shared a dwelling with, and she is not even close to fat. And I was being facetious.

On topic. I am intuitive, so, I have become familiar with myself.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Wait until you have another job lined up unless you don't actually need to work, because living in your car eating tuna out of the can sucks.

I disagree. Tuna out of a can makes for a pretty sweet meal. Whether you;ve got a home or not!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cat grooming tutorials?

(... and people blame N's for being random....) :(

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I disagree. Tuna out of a can makes for a pretty sweet meal. Whether you;ve got a home or not!
Doing it because you want to is cool. Doing it because you have to is another story. :sad:

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1

Yeah make sure it's albacore not the chunk tuna.

BTW the OP made my morning, good shit.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Intuitives pretty much suck. Into the slurry spreader with us!

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I agree with OP. I think the one N type who would answer you directly though, is an ENTJ... possibly an INTJ too.