• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your book collection: a reflection of type?

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm a bit embarrassed to admit this, but I don't read much. :(

I'm not too proud of my reading habits either. It's not that I don't read, but I do most of my reading online, constantly bouncing from tab to tab, and when I do start a book it takes me forever to finish it (I'm usually in the middle of a number of books that I've had going for weeks or months). I used to read a ton of books as a kid and have much more intense interests, and now I can't seem to focus like that. Nothing really holds my attention. I'm just not as well read as you'd expect, considering what I was like when I was younger.

That said, I do have a pretty fair collection of books. If I like a book, I keep it. If a book has some interesting or memorable ideas, then I want to keep them around. I guess I read maybe 70% non-fiction. I've got:

• A bunch of bio texts from university (some because it was too late to sell them, some because I liked the course).
  • Some popular science books, mostly related to human health, neuroscience and cognitive science
  • Some psychology, self-help, and social psych/cultural studies books
  • A few books on weight control and strength training (never got into that the way I wanted to).
  • Some books on dogs, dog training, and animal behaviour.
  • Some PostSecret books.
  • Some compilations of articles from 'The Onion'.
  • A few other humor books.
  • Random novels: mostly 'true to life' ones, since I've never gotten into science fiction or fantasy. Most books I have from any one author is five, by Nick Hornby.
  • A few biographies/real life stories. No real pattern. I've got Kary Mullis (Nobel Prize winner in Chemistry), Ekaterina Gordeeva (Olympic champion pairs skater), Dan Savage (sex advice columnist) and some woman who was sentenced to a home for 'wayward girls' at age eighteen for having an interracial relationship.

A hodge-podge.

I've got a whole shelf of books I haven't gotten around to reading...just picked them up and got excited about reading them but never got around to it. :dont:

Silveresque

I'm not too proud of my reading habits either. It's not that I don't read, but I do most of my reading online, constantly bouncing from tab to tab, and when I do start a book it takes me forever to finish it (I'm usually in the middle of a number of books that I've had going for weeks or months). I used to read a ton of books as a kid and have much more intense interests, and now I can't seem to focus like that. Nothing really holds my attention. I'm just not as well read as you'd expect, considering what I was like when I was younger.

That said, I do have a pretty fair collection of books. If I like a book, I keep it. If a book has some interesting or memorable ideas, then I want to keep them around. I guess I read maybe 70% non-fiction. I've got:

• A bunch of bio texts from university (some because it was too late to sell them, some because I liked the course).
  • Some popular science books, mostly related to human health, neuroscience and cognitive science
  • Some psychology, self-help, and social psych/cultural studies books
  • A few books on weight control and strength training (never got into that the way I wanted to).
  • Some books on dogs, dog training, and animal behaviour.
  • Some PostSecret books.
  • Some compilations of articles from 'The Onion'.
  • A few other humor books.
  • Random novels: mostly 'true to life' ones, since I've never gotten into science fiction or fantasy. Most books I have from any one author is five, by Nick Hornby.
  • A few biographies/real life stories. No real pattern. I've got Kary Mullis (Nobel Prize winner in Chemistry), Ekaterina Gordeeva (Olympic champion pairs skater), Dan Savage (sex advice columnist) and some woman who was sentenced to a home for 'wayward girls' at age eighteen for having an interracial relationship.

A hodge-podge.

I've got a whole shelf of books I haven't gotten around to reading...just picked them up and got excited about reading them but never got around to it. :dont:

Yup, that's just like me. :laugh: I've got all these books, mostly nonfiction, and I never get around to reading them. I used to like reading when I was younger, but I can never seem to finish the books I start. I lose interest too easily. Though I do like to read about typology and psychology online.