• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Subtypes to Myers-Briggs

Blutter

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
what is this I hear about subtypes? I'm an INTP. Could anyone recommend a site, or explain to me, concisely, whaat the sybtypes are about and how they're determined?:blush:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Enneagram is often viewed as a "sub-type" system for MBTI around these parts, but it's unofficial.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Over on INTPc, they've developed a subtype system by mixing the letters around according to which preference is stronger. (e.g. NPIT)

I also wondered if the OP might have been thinking of the Step II subscales.

I had never heard of those Socionics subtypes. Only one of the links in that search I have seen so far gives examples of them (e.g. H-INTj, Ti-INTj, Ni-INTj, etc.)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MBTI Step 2 subscales is useful. It provides a more granular breakdown for each letter. The sites I've seen cost 80 - 90 dollars to take Step 2.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting.
But it sounds like a free standing temperament matrix in its own right. The factors sound almost similar to Interaction Styles; (which are not free-standing, but interwoven into the type code).

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can't recall there being any subtypes in MBTI. There exist subtypes in socionics. These subtypes are based on the strength of your dominant vs your auxiliary function. For instance for ESFP there are two subtypes, the Fi-ESFP and the Se-ESFP, and so it goes for all the other type as well.

Subtype Descriptions by V. Meged, A. Ovcharov

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't recall there being any subtypes in MBTI.

Technically, MBTI doesn't have subtypes like Enneagram and Socionics (Big 5 doesn't have any subtypes either), just preference strength. However, if MBTI is combined with Enneagram or the Big 5, it can make MBTI look as if there were subtypes.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Take any other personality test(that doesent correlate too much with MBTI) and combine it with your scores and you got a subtype.