• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

With which types did/do you have a soulmate connection?

MBTI Type
INFJ
The title basically says it all....I'm interested what your type is and with which type(s) you have/had the experience of having such a special connection (recognition) that you would define them as soulmates....
Or do you think this has nothing to do with type; cannot be explained with type?

I myself have only had this with people who share Ni as a first function.....even though I have extremely good friends of different types, and I take this soulmate connection as something special, but not as a necessary ingredient in a friendship....

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
My wife and I are soulmates.

I'm ENFP and she's INFP.

I think the connection is fairly obvious in our case, namely the NFP thing.

Our connection (chemistry, passion, etc.) was intense and immediate--like an explosion--and, even after being together for 9 years, still maintains a molten lava-like quality just below the surface.

At the risk of sounding wildly superstitious, I feel like "Fate" brought us together, and that, regardless of what happens, she's my soulmate, and the mother of my two children, and will always be "The One".

Though we certainly have our differences, I believe we really understand and sympathize with one another's plight in this world, so to speak.

We're both sort of outcasts and orphans in the world, both fundamentally altruistic and empathic, both artistic, both dreamers.....the list goes on.

We both want to help and protect one another.

I've never felt such radical, unconditional acceptance from anyone else in my entire life, and I (aspire, at least to) return the same to her.

Frankly, we often drive each other insane, but I doubt the soul connection could ever be broken. :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP.

I've had a few very deep mindmate relationships with INTPs, and a workmate relationship with an ISFJ.

MBTI Type
INFJ
I thought I could only have this with other NFs, especially NFJs, but recently I found that a friend with whom I have this as well is an INTJ....even though his F/T may be close.... I don't know..... did you ever have this on the grounds of N only?
while I tend to have a different connection with Ns (not necessarily "better"), I think the connections with NTs differ from those with NFs (apart from this NT I mentioned)....

P

Phantonym

I've never had a "soulmate" connection with anyone. People come and go. Or maybe I have a romanticized idea about it that can never come true because no-one can ever live up to it. I see something like that, once established, as lasting for...ever, no matter if you don't see each other for years. Type might be a part of it, but then again, it might not. As I see it, there are so many, maybe even too many, variables that come into play, so if people think they have experienced it then that's amazing for them. :)

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've never experienced that soul mate connection before. I mean, I've clicked with a few people right away, but those have just been females really... so I don't think that counts in my case.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
"Soulmate?" None of them at this point.

Mind-mate? There's a few possible situations for that.

Best friend? ISTP

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
One other INFP (at least I would type so), I wished I would see her still, but I hear from her only once every few months :/. Also an ISFP (maybe with a smaller "S"), who was and still is my best friend - we have nearly 100% the same humour.

Well, comes how you define "soulmate".

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I've had a soulmate connection with several other INFPs (females). It's no wonder, as we just work similarly inside. I've had such a connection with one INFJ as well, but it was only short-lived; our big differences showed up after a few months.

However, what I value as much, and sometimes ever more, is a mindmate connection. I've had that with one ENTP and one INTP (also females). These friendships were the best fun for me - there was always so much to discuss :)

I definitely do count a "soulmate connection" with friends. I don't necessarily have to experience it romantically. I believe that a simple infatuation is often confused with such connection, even.