• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

is Mbti becoming a religion?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wikipedia said:
A law differs from a scientific theory in that it does not posit a mechanism or explanation of phenomena: it is merely a distillation of the results of repeated observation. As such, a law is limited in applicability to circumstances resembling those already observed, and is often found to be false when extrapolated. Ohm's law only applies to constant currents, Newton's law of universal gravitation only applies in weak gravitational fields, the early laws of aerodynamics such as Bernoulli's principle do not apply in case of compressible flow such as occurs in transonic and supersonic flight, Hooke's law only applies to strain below the elastic limit, etc.

Ok, I was wrong about the definition of a law. The point stands that theories still require some degree of empirical evidence, though.

Mole

Permabanned
No, you're the one who shows up screaming hysterically about what a vicious conspiracy has overtaken all the members because you assume they all take Genesis literally. :violin:

Sim thinks I am an hysterical screamer and Peguy thinks I am a prophet. OneWithSoul tells me I am selfish and some say they can't understand me and the rest simpy can't stand me.

Luckily I am pronoid, that is, I am irrationally happy - I am happy without reason in a similar way paranoids are unreasonable fearful and unhappy.

And while you always remember that paranoia is psychological preparation to attack, pronoia is psychological preparation for company, happines and joy.

I often wonder if paranoia is unreasonable fear of company, love and joy and whether MBTI is a paranoid cult. So I wonder, would you prefer to belong to a paranoid cult, or would you prefer pronoia and keep company with Marmalade and me?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Victor - you have great ideas and valuable points, but you're often talking about how we are shutting out human intimacy by using MBTI. Is that really the case? I mean, one could argue that you're shutting all of us out by judging us for having an interest in MBTI. That's your wall, sir.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
my god those are some scary bears

I hope victor can lead us to salvation

Mole

Permabanned
Victor - you have great ideas and valuable points, but you're often talking about how we are shutting out human intimacy by using MBTI. Is that really the case? I mean, one could argue that you're shutting all of us out by judging us for having an interest in MBTI. That's your wall, sir.

I like to keep myself happy and criticizing MBTI seems to keep me happy.

Naturally those who have an irrational belief in MBTI take my criticism of MBTI to heart and they respond in kind.

Fortunately I am resiliant but I think the response shows I am touching on beliefs, a sense of identity and a sense of belonging. So naturally I would expect an emotional response. And that is what I get.

But rather than saying, "When you write this Victor, I feel that", they blame me.

I am told people get married to have someone to blame, so perhaps unbeknownst to us, we are in some sense married to each other.

And perhaps we are, for how painful it is to get a divorce from Typology Central. But you can't get a divorce until you are married.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like to keep myself happy and criticizing MBTI seems to keep me happy.

Naturally those who have an irrational belief in MBTI take my criticism of MBTI to heart and they respond in kind.

Naturally those who can't read (or choose not to comprehend what they are reading) continue to believe they can define the belief systems of others for them.

Naturally nobody takes this very seriously.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
How can MBTI be a religion when it does not even remotely delve into what happens after death, what the meaning of life is, and so on?