• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

CelebrityTypes.com: Feedback welcome

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Old-timers on the board will remember my arduous efforts at typing celebrities. The goal was always to provide an accurate and evocative illustration of the 16 types for newcomers, an illustration I myself missed when I first learned about MBTI four years ago. I actually lost steam on the project but then Blackwater took over (yeah, I'm saying an ENTP picked up the slack for an INTJ!) and the result is:

Your constructive feedback on the execution of the idea is very welcome. How do you think value can be added to the site to further drive home to newcomers the flesh and blood manifestations of the 16 types?

Please take your disagreement with individual typings elsewhere so as not to derail this thread. There are threads in the Popular Culture and Type subforum for a lot of the actors (and some of Blackwater's philosophers) and you are welcome to start new ones for the rest.

Here's an excerpt of the text I had on the placeholder site:

Why is it (mostly) actors?

First, holding profession constant makes for fairer comparison of types.

Second, actors' personalities are easily researchable because they have to do interviews to promote their movies.

Finally, actors act, but the roles they take on successfully are often closer to home than they themselves are perhaps aware of. In the words of Anthony Minghella as quoted by Edward Norton:

"[E]very actor has a certain elasticity and every role has a certain elasticity, and some actors have more elasticity than others and some roles have more elasticity than others. And if the elasticity of the actor overlaps the elasticity of the role, then you have a match (...)"

As such, the best performances of an actor are usually illustrative of (aspects of) his/her type.

Fecal McAngry

Your constructive feedback on the execution of the idea is very welcome.

Your typings suck. You don't know what you're doing. How's that for constructive?

EDIT: Took another glance. You really don't know what you're doing. Lots of blatant, absurd mistakes there.

Also, "holding profession constant makes for fairer comparison of types" is not true in my experience.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your typings suck. You don't know what you're doing. How's that for constructive?

EDIT: Took another glance. You really don't know what you're doing. Lots of blatant, absurd mistakes there.

Also, "holding profession constant makes for fairer comparison of types" is not true in my experience.

I don't think your criticism falls within the realm of "constructive."

The typings weren't that bad. :shock: Some of them seemed pretty accurate to me.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I don't see Kim Kardashian, this post is invalid.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
well you must have a good editor, because I remember Blackwater making a lot of typings that were heavily disputed. Its one thing to have bad typings on bad consensus, and another to have a bunch of typings totally divorced from what most people think.

That said, the only typings that I think are blatantly horrible are Immanuel Kant and Signorey (spelling) Weaver. I say this to point out that if those are your only two mistakes, then its a pretty good sight.

I for one really like those lists that the INFP guy made through the forum (the one with all of the dog avatars...who is that again?)

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
can't, too unsure of things. :(

Aww...

I can really relate... I just can never explain things because I'm not fully sure of it, and it's like, I really want to, but it just doesn't feel right.

Anyway, I thought that most of the types were accurate, even though I wasn't really familiar with quite a few of the people. I definitely thought that a few of them were excellently typed. :)

Has it ever been thought that you would add multiple celebrities for each type?

Fecal McAngry

I don't think your criticism falls within the realm of "constructive."

The typings weren't that bad. :shock: Some of them seemed pretty accurate to me.
They were that bad. Over 50% incorrect. Well over, in fact. Some were accurate--Edward Norton IS an INFJ--for example, but closer to what you'd expect by chance than by any process of rational thought or dint of hard work (research).

A stopped clock is right twice per day.

The OP is (or claims to be) an INTJ. Well, INTJs, of all types, are usually adept at following the Clint Eastwood maxim from UNFORGIVEN: "A man's gotta know his limitations." In other words, INTJs usually know what areas they are competent in and what areas they are incompetent in.

Unfortunately...there are exceptions...

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
They were that bad. Over 50% incorrect. Well over, in fact. Some were accurate--Edward Norton IS an INFJ--for example, but closer to what you'd expect by chance than by any process of rational thought or dint of hard work (research).

A stopped clock is right twice per day.

The OP is (or claims to be) an INTJ. Well, INTJs, of all types, are usually adept at following the Clint Eastwood maxim from UNFORGIVEN: "A man's gotta know his limitations." In other words, INTJs usually know what areas they are competent in and what areas they are incompetent in.

Unfortunately...there are exceptions...

Hey, is it really the end of the world?

curiousel

Hello,
this could be much better.

-there are many kind of celebrities, not just movie stars.
-there should be many (ever growing) list of pictures for each type. This site should be the reference point to search for the Personality Type of celebrities and public figures.
-a debate/editing system like Wikipedia needs to be incorporated. I´ve heard that Jack Nicholson is ENTP and in the site appears as something else...
-the site should be properly designed, and be completed.

Overall, a very good idea for a website. It just needs to be executed much better!

my two cents