• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

CelebrityTypes.com: Feedback welcome

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
The site looks pretty good. I like the layout, and the quotes beneath each picture. :) I can't say I agree 100% with all of the types, but I doubt anyone on here would. I find myself agreeing with the typings much more than I'm disagreeing.

BTW if you're looking to complete the last three male celebrities:
ISTJ - Robert De Niro
INTP - Ben Stein
INTJ - Demitri Martin

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
So this is what you've been up to. Now that you have it up and running and don't require help in typing example celebrities does that mean you'll leave us for good? :cry:

Good idea for a website. The philosopher page needs a good proof-read though -- there are numerous spelling and grammar errors.

Good job. :nice:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Hello,
this could be much better.

-there are many kind of celebrities, not just movie stars.
-there should be many (ever growing) list of pictures for each type. This site should be the reference point to search for the Personality Type of celebrities and public figures.
-a debate/editing system like Wikipedia needs to be incorporated. I´ve heard that Jack Nicholson is ENTP and in the site appears as something else...
-the site should be properly designed, and be completed.

Overall, a very good idea for a website. It just needs to be executed much better!

my two cents

I agree with this post.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
well you must have a good editor, because I remember Blackwater making a lot of typings that were heavily disputed. Its one thing to have bad typings on bad consensus, and another to have a bunch of typings totally divorced from what most people think.

That said, the only typings that I think are blatantly horrible are Immanuel Kant and Signorey (spelling) Weaver. I say this to point out that if those are your only two mistakes, then its a pretty good sight.

I for one really like those lists that the INFP guy made through the forum (the one with all of the dog avatars...who is that again?)

DynamiteNinja :newwink:

Hello,
this could be much better.

-there should be many (ever growing) list of pictures for each type. This site should be the reference point to search for the Personality Type of celebrities and public figures.
-a debate/editing system like Wikipedia needs to be incorporated. I´ve heard that Jack Nicholson is ENTP and in the site appears as something else...

Overall, a very good idea for a website. It just needs to be executed much better!

my two cents

+ 1, cos that would be cool :yes:

Going through most of the typing forums on here would be a good start, picking off the type that was voted for the most, or agreed with the most.

Too bad fictional characters aren't included.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I know this is directed at me. Let me just say that without being able to actually give these celebrities the test, its impossible to say that anyone knows "the true type". So with that said, how is intuiting some type that no one else sees really helpful when everyone else agrees that they are another type? Its probably more helpful to "document" that we all think xyz is INTJ, than to proselytize that they are INTP based only on your perception.

Its one thing to appeal to the fallacy of argumentum ad populum when there is an actual truth being warped. MBTI type however has no truth beyond what the person themselves inventories them self. Therefore, barring self inventory, consensus is probably the more useful approximation.

chegra

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think you should choose celebrities that people in that group can identify with.
So for like NTs most can identify with being a scientist or business man.
Richard Feynman - ENTP
Richard Dawkin - INTJ
Stephan Hawkins - INTP
Steve Jobs - ENTJ

For NF(I dont know I am just guessing here, but they can inform you who they identify with) some all around do-gooder.

Also you might want to try using a content management framework like drupal.

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
its impossible to say that anyone knows "the true type". So with that said, how is intuiting some type that no one else sees really helpful when everyone else agrees that they are another type? Its probably more helpful to "document" that we all think xyz is INTJ, than to proselytize that they are INTP based only on your perception.

and since no one can know wheter god exists and believers outnumber non-believers, atheists should restrict themselves to mentioning that most people are religious ;)

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
A belated big thanks to those of you who have provided constructive feedback! It is very encouraging. :)

Has it ever been thought that you would add multiple celebrities for each type?

Yes, we definitely intend to do this.

I don't know if you noticed, but Blackwater maintains a philosophers/intellectuals subsection of the site. We'll probably add a subsection for politicians as well. Personally I concentrate on actors for the reasons stated in the OP but we're open to suggestions for other subsections.

-there should be many (ever growing) list of pictures for each type.
This site should be the reference point to search for the Personality Type of celebrities and public figures.

Happy to hear that others recognize the site's potential. ;)

We'll consider the debate section. As Blackwater has hinted, we're not going to be democratic about the typings, but I suppose a debate section might bring information/arguments to our attention that the email address won't.

Agreed. We're lacking in the critical resources of time and technical know-how, though. :(

So this is what you've been up to. Now that you have it up and running and don't require help in typing example celebrities does that mean you'll leave us for good? :cry:

Um... :cry:

How about I go and make a lot of money and then I come back with the free time to type more celebrities and post more in general? :yes:

The philosopher page needs a good proof-read though -- there are numerous spelling and grammar errors.

Way to propel an inert INTJ to action, JJJ! Thanks! :nice:

I think you should choose celebrities that people in that group can identify with.

In my opinion there are more than enough sites out there reinforcing this kind of identification based on the professional overrepresentation of types. ENTJs might be more likely to be CEOs than other types, and ISFPs might be more likely to be hairdressers, but how is my (30-year-old) waitressing ENTJ friend or my ISFP first-rate economist friend supposed to recognize themselves (and how are others supposed to recognize them) in descriptions essentially equating type with profession?

My aim is to level the playing field by holding profession constant and showing how type manifests itself within that profession. My hope is that people will go, "Okay, so if I were to be an actor, I guess I can see how I'd be more like [celebrity X] than the rest."

Also you might want to try using a content management framework like drupal.

Thanks for the tip! :)

By the way, we filled all 32 slots now. :happy:

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
VagrantFarce (and others who wish we'd change a typing), Blackwater and I are friendly and reasonable people. (Which is to say, I'm friendly and he's reasonable. ;)) State your case calmly (in the relevant threads) and we'll hear you out! :)

(I'll click on your links when I have time.)

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't know if I would call it "mean" either, at this point.
It's just a different way of thinking from the culture here.

There are some things that happen there that might come across as mean or cold but really are being dealt out without personal malice. Even some of the stuff that might sound malicious to some people is more just a response to the post rather than the person.

By Fe standards, though, I can see why some people see it as mean, unwelcoming, or just crass/rude.

Sweet, I must have Fe in me then after all! :banana:

Or maybe you or someone else can explain to me how the criticism I'm getting in this thread is not mean, unwelcoming or just crass/rude? :huh:

(For the record, I'm not actually taking any offense, just perceiving that it's being given and therefore disagreeing with your take above.)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Sweet, I must have Fe in me then after all! :banana:

Or maybe you or someone else can explain to me how the criticism I'm getting in this thread is not mean, unwelcoming or just crass/rude? :huh:

(For the record, I'm not actually taking any offense, just perceiving that it's being given and therefore disagreeing with your take above.)

To be perfectly honest I thought Rhu's comments were pretty accurate.

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

Maybe start by explaining why they are mean, unwelcoming, crass or rude?

The only adjective I can see there is blunt. There's a lot of non-constructive criticism there, though Rhu's is constructive because he mentions why he thinks it's bad.

You are responding in a typical INTPc fashion though. Well played.

I've only seen INTPc members be mean in the odd introduction thread. Oh and the "you are in a forest" thread is a thousand posts worth of mean.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Maybe start by explaining why they are mean, unwelcoming, crass or rude?

Fe 101: "If you can't say anything nice/constructive, don't say anything at all." It's like telling someone they are ugly.

The only adjective I can see there is blunt. There's a lot of non-constructive criticism, though Rhu's is constructive because he mentions why he thinks it's bad.

Rhu elaborates on how it's bad. Not quite the same thing as suggesting how it could be improved. ;)

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Fe 101: "If you can't say anything nice/constructive, don't say anything at all." It's like telling someone they are ugly.

But what if they are ugly? :cry:

Rhu elaborates on how it's bad. Not quite the same thing as suggesting how it could be improved. ;)

Don't do the bad things? Maybe even do the opposite?

Saying why it's good and saying why it's bad are two sides of the same coin. Or something like that.