• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WTF is this about?!?

sculpting

It's easy to dismiss the function theory, but the fact is that without functions there would be no typology. The problem is that no one here understands the fuctions and the rules of their usage completely. *shrugs*

The ENFPs I have in mind love to "live in the present" and indulge in it, they are very sensual, stylish and they really enjoy "wordly pleasures". But even though all these traits can stem from Se in certain cases, they don't necessarily have to have anything to do with Se as a way of perception. In this sense, the ENFPs use the Se+Ni only rarely. Most of the time they're all about Ne+Si.

After the failed entp/se thread I posted an enfp/se thread. The general agreement was that we like to lose ourselves in the moment, in the music, in the experience, but it seems very surreal, not the actual concreteness of the experience like I'd expect Se to be.

There is a club I like to dance at that is open to the sky with a really talented cover band. When I go there I have a beer or two and then let Ne go insane. It is living with the music, in the music, in the band, with the band, but I really hate when other people try and dance with my-typically dudes. ewww... It isnt about them. It's about Ne.

How would you say ENXPs use Si? I only see it when I get really stressed and snap if someone messes with one of "my" details.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
After the failed entp/se thread I posted an enfp/se thread. The general agreement was that we like to lose ourselves in the moment, in the music, in the experience, but it seems very surreal, not the actual concreteness of the experience like I'd expect Se to be.

There is a club I like to dance at that is open to the sky with a really talented cover band. When I go there I have a beer or two and then let Ne go insane. It is living with the music, in the music, in the band, with the band, but I really hate when other people try and dance with my-typically dudes. ewww... It isnt about them. It's about Ne.

Yeah, this is very much what I meant, thank you! Actually, as an INFP I can experience something similar as well, even though the intensity is probably a little lower. For example, I can say that I listen to music in a completely different way than my ISFP sister - she primarily listens to music for the sound/sensual quality of it, and therefore enjoys almost any kind of music that sounds good to her, but I listen to music almost exclusively through Ne - for me, it's primarily a tool how to make my imagination flow, and there actually aren't many bands/singers who can do it for me.

Happy Puppy said:
How would you say ENXPs use Si? I only see it when I get really stressed and snap if someone messes with one of "my" details.

Well, I'm not an ENXP, so I can only guess, but I daresay that they use it fairly often without actually being aware of it. Technically speaking, they wouldn't be able to produce any decent ideas if they didn't have any Si information to connect by Ne. Ne and Si always come in a package and one can't work properly without another - one always needs a store of information to be able to make intuitive connections. I think this will be a little easier for INXPs, because their Ne+Si are more closely connected and interwined, but then, an ENXP will probably be able to make bolder connections with their more limited Si storage.

That said, I have met a few ENFPs who didn't seem to be using Si that much at all, and frankly, as their ideas weren't fact-based (or even reality / experience based) in the slightest, they often came across as rather naive and silly. I'd say that well-rounded or plain more intelligent ENFPs won't have this problem, though, and I think that ENTPs have natural advantage of Ti.