• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who is the most stylish of all the personality types?

curiousel

Who are the truly Stylish? the fashion conscious?

Rank them please. 1 being the most.

are the ESTP, the ISFP, ESFJ,... Who?

stylish: fashionable (having elegance or taste or refinement in manners or dress) "a little less posh but every bit as stylish as Lord Peter Wimsey"

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, I'll tell you it's definitely NOT me or my type, whatever that is. And it definitely IS my husband, whatever type he is.

I'm going to go with SP on this one - probably due to Se. However, I am not sure if these people want it so much for themselves as for others.

It drives my husband crazy to see an elegant, sexy-looking woman walk by. Quite frankly, I couldn't give two shits in a rat bag whether or not someone is dressed in a sexy manner (guy or girl). I just don't NOTICE it, you know?

Rather, I use my Se for what I consider to be more useful things, like enjoying a roller coaster ride or taking an opportunity and running with it rather than just sitting on my ass. Personally, I find such superficial behavior simply disdainful - judging someone because of what clothes they wear. Pfft. I wouldn't know or care unless the person was wearing rags or something. It would bother me a lot more if they were DIRTY or STINKY or something.

Sure, I like to get all dolled up on SPECIAL occasions - like once a year (or once every five years). But that's enough. I like being comfy, which my husband says "makes me look like a potato sack and doesn't take advantage of my hourglass-shaped figure." He finds it disdainful that I would cover up my "natural beauty that some women would pay thousands to have." What-the-fuck-ever.

However, I'm going to have to say Se dom or aux, maybe? That's just a stab in the dark, though. Better ask someone who knows a bit more than I do! :D

I'd say

1. ESTP
2. ESFP
3. ISTP
4. ISFP

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Really depends how you look at it. INFPs can be very stylish, but in their own way that doesn't usually adhere to a set 'fashion' standard, for example. So not fitting for your definition I guess.

More fashion conscious, I'd say would be Fe types. So, ENFJ and ESFJ.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTP stylish? ref. Little Linguist post.

Well, I think on a daily basis more basic and functional vs. the other types mentioned.

Having more stylish stuff seems to revolve around specific activities. i.e. Going dancing, to a concert, motor cross, skiing, etc. Will spend a lot more on something nice and unique to wear. But not everyday...

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTP stylish? ref. Little Linguist post.

Well, I think on a daily basis more basic and functional vs. the other types mentioned.

Having more stylish stuff seems to revolve around specific activities. i.e. Going dancing, to a concert, motor cross, skiing, etc. Will spend a lot more on something nice and unique to wear. But not everyday...

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Fashion conscious in the mainstream sense of the word, and most likely to keep up with what's "in", assembling their clothes like they stepped out of their favorite magazine?

1. ESFJ
2. ENFJ

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm all about presenting well.

My Mother used to work for a tailor; she was his best worker and always cut the patterns out of cloth, as doing so correctly minimizes material costs.
She's from south Germany and has always been on top of fashion.

My Dad was in the military, so he was always concerned that we present well, e.g. shirt tucked in, gig line straight, clothes that should be ironed were, shoes were in good condition, hair within tolerable limits (off the collar, over the ears!).

Both of my parents were big on classic styles and quality workmanship when it came to buying clothes. That is not to say they were label conscious. Hardly actually. They didn't care what the label was if the fabric was of good quality and the seams, buttons, etc. were well crafted. We were never allowed to buy junk.

Another aspect of military parents was enforcement of personal hygeine habits. We were made to brush and floss, bathe/shower, wash hands, clip finger + toe nails, and later shave on a very firm schedule.

Because of all that I'm one well groomed fellow. In a world that places so much emphasis on first impressions, it is of paramount importance to get them right everytime. The best way to maximize your likelihood of doing so, is to always look your best. :yes:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
xsfp's.

(No, not me. Just other sfp's I know ;) )

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
style is highly contingent upon what type you are, your ego, your instinctual sub-type, your publicity, etc.

i probably like 4, 5, and 7 styles with an sx emphasis. their motivations and their energies are more intriguing to me aesthetically (altho in other things 9s are as well).

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Many MBTI profiles would lead you to think it is ISFPs, but I know too many ISFPs that dress horrendously, don't care, and admit they do not care. Fi is an unpredictable creature. :tongue:

I'd go with SFJ as they tend to consistently have at least a pleasant sense of style, if not innovative. Even the ones I know who dress very bland and mainly for function tend to do it in "good taste" or rather inoffensively. Intuitives & SPs are all over the place - some have great creative style, some are simply in "good taste", some don't care, and some are just bizarre. STJs seem most concerned with practicality, and they tend to play it "safe" also.

For creative style, I'd give it to the FPs. :cool:

But really, style has a lot more to do with personal motivations and values. Any type can have a reason to care to cultivate their style.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
SPs are the best dressed
SJs are the most conservatively dressed
NTs wear pocket protectors
NPs don't notice the stain on their shirt when they meet up with their date
NFs wear bunny suits

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The two most stylish women I know - one is an INTP and the other is an ENFP ?!

I would think ENFJs and ESFJs would fall high on the list too.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well I like dressing up :D
But I know some ISFPs don't give a crap.

I'm going with xSFx's. :yes:

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm all about presenting well.

My Mother used to work for a tailor; she was his best worker and always cut the patterns out of cloth, as doing so correctly minimizes material costs.
She's from south Germany and has always been on top of fashion.

My Dad was in the military, so he was always concerned that we present well, e.g. shirt tucked in, gig line straight, clothes that should be ironed were, shoes were in good condition, hair within tolerable limits (off the collar, over the ears!).

Both of my parents were big on classic styles and quality workmanship when it came to buying clothes. That is not to say they were label conscious. Hardly actually. They didn't care what the label was if the fabric was of good quality and the seams, buttons, etc. were well crafted. We were never allowed to buy junk.

Another aspect of military parents was enforcement of personal hygeine habits. We were made to brush and floss, bathe/shower, wash hands, clip finger + toe nails, and later shave on a very firm schedule.

Because of all that I'm one well groomed fellow. In a world that places so much emphasis on first impressions, it is of paramount importance to get them right everytime. The best way to maximize your likelihood of doing so, is to always look your best. :yes:

Fashion conscious in the mainstream sense of the word, and most likely to keep up with what's "in", assembling their clothes like they stepped out of their favorite magazine?

1. ESFJ
2. ENFJ

Many MBTI profiles would lead you to think it is ISFPs, but I know too many ISFPs that dress horrendously, don't care, and admit they do not care. Fi is an unpredictable creature. :tongue:

I'd go with SFJ as they tend to consistently have at least a pleasant sense of style, if not innovative. Even the ones I know who dress very bland and mainly for function tend to do it in "good taste" or rather inoffensively. Intuitives & SPs are all over the place - some have great creative style, some are simply in "good taste", some don't care, and some are just bizarre. STJs seem most concerned with practicality, and they tend to play it "safe" also.

For creative style, I'd give it to the FPs. :cool:

But really, style has a lot more to do with personal motivations and values. Any type can have a reason to care to cultivate their style.

Some fashion is dependent on money and how you wish to spend it. This is highly dependent on how you were raised, as it will influence how you learn to dress yourself. So in order to control for this variable of the equation:

fashion sense is going to be more about following the little rules, being confident enough to wear things that look good (even when others around you might dress down) and having good hygiene.

Se-Fe or Fe-Si are the best pairings for this.

Thus:
1. ESFJ
2. ISFJ
3. ESTP

and a considerable step down:

4. ENFJ
5. XSTJ (who is raised to dress well)

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
All ENFPs I know are very very stylish, uniquely so.

When I say stylish I mean uniquely dressed. Well-dressed is different.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
People tell me I am very stylish (which kind of makes me doubt being ENTP for obvious reasons). I'm not really sure though. What I think of stylish is classic and subdued with a fashion forward twist. Fitted, dark colors that are timeless but also have just enough originality to be irresistable to pass over.

My vote goes to ENTJs.