• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typical looks for each type?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTP:
red-heat-20091109110621605_640w.jpg

VagrantFarce

INJs are the most unsettling, it's like their eyes have atrophied from the lack of use. :D

4583.jpg

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Apparently you don't know any INTXs. The color palette doesn't apply to us. We don't notice it often.

Of course I know INTXs. I didn't say anything about colors when it comes to NTPs anyway. And the two INTJs I know (one female and one male) avoid pastels entirely.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do all INFP's walk super slow, with head down to the ground, ignoring most everything around you (very often with headphones on) banging into people constantly, and almost getting ran over approx. 90 times?
I actually walk really fast...usually ahead of whoever I'm walking with. I'm impatient and want to get where I'm going NOW. If I could have any super power, I would seriously consider teleportation. haha I look up when I walk, but only because I heard that's something you should do if you want to look confident, so I practiced doing that. But the headphones on, running into people, and being in the way? Yep. I'm not very good at navigating crowds. :blush:
The two INFP's I know like to have their hand held when they cross the street and they both resemble the character in your avatar. So lovable :)
I should have my hand held when I cross the street. Thanks to my friends, I have NOT been hit by a car yet. :doh: Daydreaming is dangerous.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Of course I know INTXs. I didn't say anything about colors when it comes to NTPs anyway. And the two INTJs I know (one female and one male) avoid pastels entirely.

I'm saying we don't usually notice fashion much in others, not just concerning ourselves and what we wear. So gazes can be more apparent.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
NTP: Weird, geeky t-shirts with frazzled hair and pants that barely fit the skinny frame. Maybe some old ratty converses. I think NTP girls are probably a bit more fashionable, but they still keep it pretty simply.

I'd quite agree with the guy fashion style (although I know one ENTP who really likes to suit up), but I have absolutely different experience with ENTP girls (I know only one INTP girl, so I can't see any pattern here). The ENTP girls I know really keep it anything but simply.

ENTP no. 1: really wants to look sexy. Since she was a young teenager she's been wearing big cleavages, lots of jewelery, sexy and elegant "woman" clothes, corsets and ALWAYS high heels. Later she started to wear almost exclusively black, leather, silver, really sexy stuff.

ENTP no. 2: extremely eccentric and original. Also wants to look very woman-like. She NEVER wears trousers and ALWAYS wears high heels. Besides that, since she was 17 she never wears any other color but black and red. When she was younger, she was a big fan of super sexy clothes (black mini skirts, mini T-shirts and reticulated tights), later she made it even more original and wears long skirts, dresses and large hats that remind one of 100 years ago. She wore bright red dress for her early wedding. Naturally she's got fair hair, but she's been dying them black & red since she was a teenager.

ENTP no. 3: also very original. Also ALWAYS wears high heels. Just as the other two, she usually wears black, although she occassionally allows herself some white and blue, and lots of jewelery. She's also a big fan of a Japanese gothic lolita style. Just as the one above, she started to dye her fair hair black long ago.

Therefore I really have to disagree with your assesment of ENTP girls, even though I agree with most of your other descriptions.

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
NTP: Weird, geeky t-shirts with frazzled hair and pants that barely fit the skinny frame. Maybe some old ratty converses. I think NTP girls are probably a bit more fashionable, but they still keep it pretty simply..

Well, i dropped the geeky t-shirt thing for the most part.... and i take PRETTY good care of my hair... but yes. That is me right there.
Also, I like shopping. There, I said it.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm saying we don't usually notice fashion much in others, not just concerning ourselves and what we wear. So gazes can be more apparent.

Yeah sure, but you can only notice a gaze from a certain proximity. Fashion is just a lot easier to observe. I agree that most NTPs in general don't give a shit about fashion, but that doesn't necessarily mean that we are completely blind to it. Even NTPs can look at a guy wearing loafers, a polo shirt, khaki shorts, and a Northface jacket and say that he's probably an SJ in a fraternity.

But if you prefer to judge based on gaze rather than fashion decisions, then carry on. Both are pretty superficial anyway, and it's just a fun thing to think about.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INJs are the most unsettling, it's like their eyes have atrophied from the lack of use. :D

4583.jpg

lol, thanks for the laugh. :smile:

(and I do think when I'm in spacing-out/total introspection mode, and probably too while walking down the street (ha) my eyes can totally look like those in that pic!!)

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I'd quite agree with the guy fashion style (although I know one ENTP who really likes to suit up), but I have absolutely different experience with ENTP girls (I know only one INTP girl, so I can't see any pattern here). The ENTP girls I know really keep it anything but simply.

ENTP no. 1: really wants to look sexy. Since she was a young teenager she's been wearing big cleavages, lots of jewelery, sexy and elegant "woman" clothes, corsets and ALWAYS high heels. Later she started to wear almost exclusively black, leather, silver, really sexy stuff.

ENTP no. 2: extremely eccentric and original. Also wants to look very woman-like. She NEVER wears trousers and ALWAYS wears high heels. Besides that, since she was 17 she never wears any other color but black and red. When she was younger, she was a big fan of super sexy clothes (black mini skirts, mini T-shirts and reticulated tights), later she made it even more original and wears long skirts, dresses and large hats that remind one of 100 years ago. She wore bright red dress for her early wedding. Naturally she's got fair hair, but she's been dying them black & red since she was a teenager.

ENTP no. 3: also very original. Also ALWAYS wears high heels. Just as the other two, she usually wears black, although she occassionally allows herself some white and blue, and lots of jewelery. She's also a big fan of a Japanese gothic lolita style. Just as the one above, she started to dye her fair hair black long ago.

Therefore I really have to disagree with your assesment of ENTP girls, even though I agree with most of your other descriptions.

Wow, how do you know so many ENTP women? They were hard for me to classify because I only know myself, so I was just going off of a hypothesis.

Personally, I keep it pretty simple, but I still try to look nice. I agree with the black thing...I wear mostly black clothing with maybe some other dark hues. And I tend to just make it up as I go. I'll wear random jewelry and accessories just for the hell of it. And I definitely wear random t-shirts some times. I don't really feel like I have much of a fashion niche because I just don't really pay much attention to fitting into a certain genre.

I tend to avoid heels though except during formal occasions.

sleepy

My style is slightly eccentric. I pay more attention to form then colour(just something strong, like purple, and it's fine). I concentrate on the big picture. I try to make my self 10cm taller then I am when I walk. I look up, and never in a hurry. That looks awful imo. Would not want that on my record.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
I actually walk really fast...usually ahead of whoever I'm walking with. I'm impatient and want to get where I'm going NOW. If I could have any super power, I would seriously consider teleportation. haha I look up when I walk, but only because I heard that's something you should do if you want to look confident, so I practiced doing that. But the headphones on, running into people, and being in the way? Yep. I'm not very good at navigating crowds. :blush:
I should have my hand held when I cross the street. Thanks to my friends, I have NOT been hit by a car yet. :doh: Daydreaming is dangerous.
Teleportation could be like flying and running really fast. THat's like three superpowers in one. Oh, and you have to manage time too, since teleportation would require a feat like that. So ... 4->1? And you can seemingly walk on water. . .

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
im working on teleportation so sit tight it's a work in progress

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Wow, how do you know so many ENTP women? They were hard for me to classify because I only know myself, so I was just going off of a hypothesis.

Well, the first one was my best friend at junior high, the second one went to a different class at high school, and the third one is my friend at uni (Japanese philology major will certainly attract geeks :cheese:). I always have a good laugh with them and feel certain mind-mate connection when we talk, so it's easy to spot them and eventually become friends. I also found these easy to type because of their strikingly similar fashion style :) (apart from their intellectual pursuits, of course)

teslashock said:
Personally, I keep it pretty simple, but I still try to look nice. I agree with the black thing...I wear mostly black clothing with maybe some other dark hues. And I tend to just make it up as I go. I'll wear random jewelry and accessories just for the hell of it. And I definitely wear random t-shirts some times. I don't really feel like I have much of a fashion niche because I just don't really pay much attention to fitting into a certain genre.

I tend to avoid heels though except during formal occasions.

That's perhaps how I'd imagine an ENTP girl if I didn't know any, actually. I guess that fashion style varies a lot too, and maybe there are more patterns than one to spot for each type. There are definitely more "cathegories" for the INFP girls I know as well.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I've become extremely sensitive to what I wear in the last few years.
I never wanted to keep up with the latest fashion trends unless they correspond with my personal preferences, but I'm keen on finding the best combination and style that fits my personality. Clothing does matter, it's hard to deny that.

I like black and neutral colors, such as dark green, khaki or brown.

Me, the fascinated/weirdo INFP. Lmao.:blush:

Wow, pretty hot :yes:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do all INFP's walk super slow, with head down to the ground, ignoring most everything around you (very often with headphones on) banging into people constantly, and almost getting ran over approx. 90 times?

I often walk fast, but kind of floaty. I sometimes watch the ground or I'm very upright & looking all around me (but never right in front of me). Either way, poles like to jump in my path suddenly :doh: :D

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I often walk fast, but kind of floaty. I sometimes watch the ground or I'm very upright & looking all around me (but never right in front of me). Either way, poles like to jump in my path suddenly :doh: :D

Heh... I remember the time I arrived at the gym with a big welt on my forehead from where I walked right into the "NO PARKING" sign. I was looking back to check to make sure the recycling bin was out... it could have happened to ANYone. No really!

I live in Boston, and we tend to walk pretty fast here. I'm usually on a mission. Also, there are enough people about where it's overwhelming if one stays in floaty NF open-to-the-world mode.