• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it me, or is it an EP thing?!?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
See, now, if I were talking to an ESFP, I'd make some Se joke right about now, something about the avatar picture. But can't do that because it doesn't speak to either Si or Ne.

What would an ISTJ say? Something concrete? Something that let you start telling stories? An inferior Ne insight into what the Si details of the stories may be. Something that would let you start processing past experience, like you want to do, and tell stories. Bio exams, new lovers, old pains...

Right?
I fucking hate you.

It's not looking down. It's looking N. :cry:
Cute.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
`
I'm 27, and, in many ways, refuse to "grow up".

And by "grow up" I mean, settle down into an occupation, an academic field, or, I dunno, do such stifling things as my taxes. :/

I'm a perpetual child, and I CAN'T STAND doing things that I do not LOVE!!!!

At this point, I have accumulated over 140 credits but have yet to get my B.A.

I need to feel INSPIRED in order to really do anything, seriously, I do.

Yeah, and I am indolent, too.

le sigh...

Why can't I focus on ONE THING, why must I constantly get side-tracked and distracted!?!?!?

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANT TO BE WHEN I "GROW UP"

And, I'm not ashamed to admit it.

But, I think... somehow, someway, I need to become more responsible.

But how?!?!?

I just want to be happy, pursue things I love, and, in a small way, make the world a better place.

I want to continue to explore and learn and absorb new things, and live life to the fullest, but alas, that dreaded reality-factor comes in.

Having to pay bills and shit.

It's all about the path, right?

The journey, the process...

But, am I aimless?!?!?

Doomed to go nowhere?!!?

I do not have a set destination.

I just know what feels right, when it feels right.

Who can relate?!?!

Can you relate??!?

I think I may need help.

Do I need help!??!

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

With love and respect,

-SS

I am afraid that this is more of a NFP thing.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Is this an "INTJs hurt ENFPs feelings" night?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
To Kalach...

The monster within me wants to lash out at you.

I know your weaknesses, and I can publicly ridicule you and exploit them, but I won't, rather, I am just doing it in my head.

I'm seriously pissed off at you, internet stranger.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Help me, don't hurt me, is that asking too much?!?!?

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I am afraid that this is more of a NFP thing.

Yeah ... Although I share the lack of focus and the reluctance to do things I don't enjoy (these are things a lot of EPs seem to have in common), I don't feel this kind of angst.

And I'm not sure what advice to offer. I never know what to tell people who aren't sure what they want except to first figure out what they want and then proceed to step 2, which is the first action needed to pursue it.

But here's a hug: :hug:

(and i hope nothing in this post was hurtful)

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
The monster within me wants to lash out at you.

I know your weaknesses, and I can publicly ridicule you and exploit them, but I won't, rather, I am just doing it in my head.

It could be a growth experience...

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
time will catch you are you will realise you are way being you peers....

It's an EP thing, better you manage it upfront....

As for not paying taxes etc.... theytend to catch you up eventually...

Jaguar

There are those who loathe moments of weakness in others because it reminds them of the weakness within themselves.
So when you are getting attacked at your weakest moment, know those people are attacking the part of you they so desperately want to extinguish within themselves.

As far as the claim of all humans cry?
Just because someone can hit 'enter' on their keyboard, doesn't make them human.

Cheers, SS. :newwink:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There are times when I have great difficulty doing things that I must, because I have no real personal interest in them.

If however, they are necessary to my professional or academic success, then I complete them at a top notch level of quality but do so kicking and screaming the whole way. :doh:

Projects of mine that are of genuine, internal, personal motive are the hallmark of human efficiency. I can go through volumes of information to glean what I need in order to accomplish what I want to.

Recently, I've had a bit of a "P" fit in that I have had to work on alot of things that I am really not impressed about or challenged with, for an extended period of time, and much of it has caused me to sacrifice some of my PRECIOUS personal time. This type of schedule for too long will put me in a "funk" or some state of personal lethargy. I've emerged from that little spat with hell and am happy to be rolling right along again.

When I do get hit with so much personal contempt for what I am doing that I subconsciously balck it out and pretend it is not there and pray that it goes away, most of the time it rears its ugly head when it becomes aware of my lack of attention to it, and then bites me in the ass, and then I finish it in short order to allow myself closure and the peace to move on.

The hole "P" thing holds on me in general terms, so far as "often late" or "shades of gray" or "procastinates" but make no doubt about it, I get what I need to done, and I keep my work of good quality. Sometimes doing so though is a real pain in the arse and is a bother to me, but I do it nonetheless. :cheese:

Jag's comment about people attacking others in their time of weakness is damn accurate. I use such situations as a means of identifying those issues that others feel necessary to wield against me, so that I can steer clear of them in the future, or dig a little trap for them if needed. :whistling:

Chloe

oh, i can relate a hell lot to OP!

I think I need to stop trying to find it, and just let it come, make sense?!!?

It's in there, inside of me.

:yes:

i think this is true, by obsessing over it you only reduce your chances to find your path

I kinda stopped looking for right career, people around me kinda think i'm nuts, because most of them are very goal oriented and never going off their road... but i dont care anymore will it come in 6 days, 6 months or 6 years, because I used to obsses over it and it did nothing, i was only deluding myself more...
since i have relaxed a bit it's a bit more clear where i want to go, but still not clear enough

i hate my college and all related to it but i still plan to finish it because without papers... doubt i can do much.. and since there's possiblity to be something related to psychiatry/psychology medical degree is actually good one.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
`
I'm 27, and, in many ways, refuse to "grow up".

And by "grow up" I mean, settle down into an occupation, an academic field, or, I dunno, do such stifling things as my taxes. :/

I'm a perpetual child, and I CAN'T STAND doing things that I do not LOVE!!!!

At this point, I have accumulated over 140 credits but have yet to get my B.A.

I need to feel INSPIRED in order to really do anything, seriously, I do.

Yeah, and I am indolent, too.

le sigh...

Why can't I focus on ONE THING, why must I constantly get side-tracked and distracted!?!?!?

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANT TO BE WHEN I "GROW UP"

And, I'm not ashamed to admit it.

But, I think... somehow, someway, I need to become more responsible.

But how?!?!?

I just want to be happy, pursue things I love, and, in a small way, make the world a better place.

I want to continue to explore and learn and absorb new things, and live life to the fullest, but alas, that dreaded reality-factor comes in.

Having to pay bills and shit.

It's all about the path, right?

The journey, the process...

But, am I aimless?!?!?

Doomed to go nowhere?!!?

I do not have a set destination.

I just know what feels right, when it feels right.

Who can relate?!?!

Can you relate??!?

I think I may need help.

Do I need help!??!

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

With love and respect,

-SS

SS, I don't think you're atypical. I'm not even sure your sentiments are particularly type related. I've got just as many EJ friends who are yet to feel as though they can honestly settle into a life as I do EP. I can totally relate as well, and I started settling in more than 10 years ago.:doh: I remember being younger, and having everything planned out for myself(on paper). I knew what I wanted to do, how far I wanted to go, how many children I wanted to have, what neighborhood I wanted to live in, where I wanted to work, who I wanted to marry(and the exact date)-all before the age of 18.;) As I started living the life I had, so carefully(or not??), planned for myself, I realized that it wasn't much of what I actually wanted. I ended up changing my major in college multiple times(Poli Sci--->Journalism--->Marketing w/minor in psych). It took me way too long to graduate because I kept getting myself involved in other things.

Working in sales always provided with the fast paced environment I desired, but I also worked in the health care industry, on the human resources end, and I liked that because I felt as though I was really helping people. I ended up on bedrest(lined up for a promotion), and pretty much lost my way from there. So much of what I want conflicts with what I must do, and what I must do is also what I want to do because I want and need to be and feel responsible. :doh::doh::steam:

I'll say more later, but I'm headed out for some serious fun in the sun right now. For now,:hug:. You are not alone.