• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types under the mistletoe

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
So in the spirit of Chrismas... here's a cute little discussion topic

How would types react when faced with the "dreaded" mistletoe?

:wubbie::wubbie::wubbie::wubbie::wubbie::wubbie:

This can be a love or hate fest.
Your choice. I'm going to bed.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, it depends. Is it someone they want to kiss, or not? :D

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTP - Oh, look at that. I'm actually about 5 degrees short of being "under" this mistletoe... (sneaks a small step forward if kissing is desired)

INFP - I do not have to do anything just because the traditions dictate that I do so. (If kissing is desired: "How about we kiss whenever we're not under the mistletoe?")

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
ESTJ: grab away mistletoe and puts it in the bin. Proceed to kiss everybody you want to :D

(Okay - this is an European ESTJ who doesn't see mistletoe as a sacred tradition but as something new invading from the USA)

And of course...

ENTP: get kissed by everybody - never realizing why - until the ESTJ grabs away the mistletoe.

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
ESTP: Broadly interprets the customary "kiss under the mistletoe" to include the grabbing, licking and fondling of any member of the desired sex within a 5 foot radius of the mistletoe.

ISTJ: Per tradition, complies with kissing the significant other under the mistletoe: chastely, with no tongue and for no longer than 3 seconds.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTP - "Why is it that the situation of being under another living organism of the plantae kingdom requires you to do a certain action of emotional intimacy to another member of the same species because of the mythical beliefs of our ancestors?"

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank the almighty that we don't do the mistletoe thing over here.

I'm with the rest of the INTP's. Traditions like this should die. :D

BlueSprout

MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
Thank the almighty that we don't do the mistletoe thing over here.

I'm with the rest of the INTP's. Traditions like this should die. :D

It may be inane in a lot of ways, but it can increase one's likelihood of getting smooched. A rational might see value in the tradition's opportunistic potential if nothing else. ;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
agreeing with Tamske that an ENTP probably wouldn't realize that the mistletoe was there, but would have the bad luck of standing under it :doh:

the ENFJ would probably snatch up some poor unsuspecting introvert and drag them over to it and smooch them greatly :laugh:

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
It may be inane in a lot of ways, but it can increase one's likelihood of getting smooched. A rational might see value in the tradition's opportunistic potential if nothing else. ;)
If you want to get kissed, that is. I can imagine people hating the whole ordeal - especially when prodded by aunts and uncles or laughed at by cousins...
I'm happy it is not a tradition here.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Smitten INTP [me] : "Hmm, that girl I like is way over there. I, standing here with a piercing stare and generally looking creepy, have somehow been unable to ignite the burning fires of romance within this woman, so maybe I can use some societal and traditional pressure to my advantage. I need to engineer a way to trap her under this mistletoe with me underneath, and some way to force eye contact. She also needs to be aware of her position underneath the mistletoe and to make the connection with her position and its significance. To complicate matters, I'll have to nonchalantly show that I recognize the significance of the positional arrangement as well, probably by saying something funny nodding upwards, but I don't think I've had enough rum yet to pull that part off. Ughh...the plan is flawed. I'm probably missing something. What if...."

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I'm more of a get to know you and get interested in you before wanting to kiss you type. And I'm not a very shy guy, so I don't need excuses in order to kiss the people I do want to kiss.

There's no rationality in attempting to use the tradition for oppertunistic potential.

All I can see one gaining from kissing random people is a huge waste of time on people once you realize you're not interested in them anyway.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'm more of a get to know you and get interested in you before wanting to kiss you type.

There's no rationality in attempting to use the tradition for oppertunistic potential.

All I can see one gaining from kissing random people is a huge waste of time on people once you realize you're not interested in them anyway.

I disagree. If I like a person, it's entirely likely I've researched and analyzed nearly everything about them that I can without them noticing it. After that process is somewhat complete [it never really is] and I like the persona my mind has created based on the data I have mined, contact can be considered.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I disagree. If I like a person, it's entirely likely I've researched and analyzed nearly everything about them that I can without them noticing it. After that process is somewhat complete [it never really is] and I like the persona my mind has created based on the data I have mined, contact can be considered.

How exactly is that disagreeing with me.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
How exactly is that disagreeing with me.

"There's no rationality in attempting to use the tradition for opportunistic potential."

Disagreed with that mostly. You can already be interested in a person without even talking to them and it IS rational to use any tool whatsoever to create an opening or opportunities.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Yes, that's INFP alright! :rolli:

Humbug...

Not all INFP's are quiet little wallflowers. Nor do they necessarily refrain from giving out hugs and slobber kisses...

Now if you'll excuse me, I must address your slight of my character...

:puppy_dog_eyes:

..no one understands me...no one loves me....I'll show them... :emot-emo:

BlueSprout

MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
Humbug...

Not all INFP's are quiet little wallflowers. Nor do they necessarily refrain from giving out hugs and slobber kisses...

Now if you'll excuse me, I must address your slight of my character...

:puppy_dog_eyes:

..no one understands me...no one loves me....I'll show them... :emot-emo:

:rofl1:

Don't pull those puppy dog eyes on me, mister. If you think you're gonna fool another INFP with that act, you've got another thing coming. :D

Besides, I thought this thread was all about stereotypes. ;) I personally have no problem letting people think I'm a sweet, innocent and reserved little flower. It only makes it that much easier to pounce on unsuspecting ESTPs. :devil:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
:rofl1:

Don't pull those puppy dog eyes on me, mister. If you think you're gonna fool another INFP with that act, you've got another thing coming. :D

Besides, I thought this thread was all about stereotypes. ;) I personally have no problem letting people think I'm a sweet, innocent and reserved little flower. It only makes it that much easier to pounce on unsuspecting ESTPs. :devil:

LOL! :alttongue::laugh:

It's only occasionally an act. T'all depends on how I'm feelin' at the time.

And I don't pick out one type to prey upon...I'm an equal opportunity predator...:newwink: