• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Doing things you enjoy vs what you need to do

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was just thinking about anger and MBTI. MBTI relates alot to who we are on the outside as to our personality, while that is good and makes sense I noticed that everyone tends to get frustrated/beat down/wore out with things that they do. So would it be safe to judge who we are by what we do in this sense since we seem to get frustrated/beat down/wore out out of exhaustion and if we were truly using our dominant and/or auxilary function we could forgo the exhaustion mentally or physically and keep from getting frustrated/beat down/wore out.

I know its all a balancing act and we must do what we have to in life, but is it safe to judge who we are strictly by what we do without considering the reasons we do it or the effect it has on us?

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Try having auxiliary Fe decking it out with tertiary Te... that really confuses me in situations. Sometimes I get all emotional and visionary like the INFJ, then I sense an imbalance and then switch gears to INTJ mode. It can be exhausting.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree, poki. I think that if I listened more to my Te, I'd be a lot less stressed/worn out.