• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Imaginary Friends

Imaginary Friend....?

• Yes and I'm an S type

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Yes and I'm an N type

Votes: 28 42.4%
  • No and I'm an S type

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • No and I'm an N type

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • Not playing but I want to see the answer

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
When you were little did you have an imagainary friend? or maybe 2????

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
No. And I'm an N (ohhh)

Also, there are plenty (a vast majority, in fact) of Adults who have imaginary friends. And they are all kinds of types. ;)

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
shit I think I pressed yes when I ment no... eeeeeeeewwe never mind

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I voted no, because they weren't exactly friends.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not sure if I should be letting this out but yes, I used to have imaginary friends... My main one was a short white haired girl who I used to talk to quite often. I think her name was Fey... I also used to have imaginary pokemon where me and a friend of mine would play imaginary battles on the bus to school.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I voted no, because they weren't exactly friends.

wow that sounds scary....

I'm not sure if I should be letting this out but yes, I used to have imaginary friends... My main one was a short white haired girl who I used to talk to quite often. I think her name was Fey... I also used to have imaginary pokemon where me and a friend of mine would play imaginary battles on the bus to school.

That actually sounds very cool....

One of my neices had an imaginary friend called baby... she also used to answer questions with a Yes- SA... like a US deep south/sailor - Yes Sir - made me wonder about reincarnation - she was really sweet...

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I tried, after seeing drop dead fred, but I just couldn't believe in it.

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
Also, there are plenty (a vast majority, in fact) of Adults who have imaginary friends. And they are all kinds of types. ;)

To what extent are you kidding? A vast majority? I thought I was just crazy.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That actually sounds very cool....

One of my neices had an imaginary friend called baby... she also used to answer questions with a Yes- SA... like a US deep south/sailor - Yes Sir - made me wonder about reincarnation - she was really sweet...
Very interesting and cute. You must have found it adorable. It's good she openly shows it. I was a coward so I've never really admitted to having an imaginary friend except to one other person.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Very interesting and cute. You must have found it adorable. It's good she openly shows it. I was a coward so I've never really admitted to having an imaginary friend except to one other person.

Well she was very open about Baby, she has an increadibly strong relationship with her sister (ENFP), I think she is an ENFJ herself. You had to say goodnight to her and to baby... she was sweet

I was forever playing imaginary games, but they were games and there was no continuity of person involved.

Its a shame you couldn't share yours, it's a nice part of childhood, and certainly nothing to be ashamed off.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well she was very open about Baby, she has an increadibly strong relationship with her sister (ENFP), I think she is an ENFJ herself. You had to say goodnight to her and to baby... she was sweet

I was forever playing imaginary games, but they were games and there was no continuity of person involved.

Its a shame you couldn't share yours, it's a nice part of childhood, and certainly nothing to be ashamed off.
...not when you had it until around the age of 14... I'm ashamed to even say it.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Fair point, but if if you were that old then you are just talking with your inner voice, which is perfectly normal. Have you read the Northern Lights books by Philip Pulman? They all ahve daemons which are basically guaridan angel type things....

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fair point, but if if you were that old then you are just talking with your inner voice, which is perfectly normal. Have you read the Northern Lights books by Philip Pulman? They all ahve daemons which are basically guaridan angel type things....
Haven't read them but it seems like an interesting read. I'll have a look into it.

Yes, they would be the outer projection of my inner voice. But it's still weird and not something to be proud of.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Neither be proud or ashamed, they are just part of who you are...if it's just someone you are chatting with - the it's internal voices... If they take on a more synister form then you may want to question it.

It's a form of thinking, maybe personifying it helps you to engage in debate rather than just goiing with one stream of consiousness.

The Pullman books are kids books, Loved 2 out of 3 but felt some of the endings bits were a bit light given amazing characters...

Don't be hard on yourself....

but I need to go cout Zzzzzzzzzz's - night...

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

There is an online community that goes on the notion of daemons. They're actually a logical bunch of people, as opposed to what you would expect of them. They believe their daemons to be purely mental constructs; "glorified imaginary friends".

The Dæmon Page

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
There is an online community that goes on the notion of daemons. They're actually a logical bunch of people, as opposed to what you would expect of them. They believe their daemons to be purely mental constructs; "glorified imaginary friends".

The Dæmon Page

In the His Dark Material trilogy, daemons were essentially your conscience, but physically manifested. I thought it was interesting and wouldn't mind an animal following me around.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, I had two. Their names were Tommy and Lisa.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Haven't read them but it seems like an interesting read. I'll have a look into it.

Yes, they would be the outer projection of my inner voice. But it's still weird and not something to be proud of.

It's sweet, and it's totally normal when you're very small.