• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type is the most sexually liberal?

Porcelain Hearts

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yes those types, except I would probably place them in different order: ESTP, ESFP (those two are on equal terms though), then ENTP, and ESFJ.

I've also noticed that Ts generally have a much lighter attitude towards sex, they do not seem to be prone to feel guilty or dirty after casual sex (or sex with the wrong people), more likely to use it to get something they want. Particularly Es. And Fs either take sex fairly seriously or have a somewhat ambiguous attitude.
Like an ESFJ I know is somewhat promiscuous, but it's not really because she wants sex so much, but mostly because of "societal expectations". The thing she likes about sex is feeling wanted and desirable, because what she truly wants is love.
And an ESFP is more promiscuous, but as far as I can tell also mostly because that is her idea of independent "alpha female".
Does anybody agree with this?
I agree with those rationales. The most sexually promiscuous women I know are ESFJs. But I also agree with ESTP and ESFP. E-S-P's are VERY hedonistic.

ENTP and ENFP I believe would fare lower than those types, but they do promote sexually charged conversations. I think it has more to do with being witty to flirt. They play with mystery and it becomes more sexual when they can use that mystery to their advantage. ;)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And the second package is psychological. And being invisible is hard to see. And very few of us take precautions against psychological infection.

And yet most of us are familiar with the cynical truism not to have sex with someone who has more problems than oneself. And like most truisms, it contains a grain of truth.

But what we are most blind to is that we are transformed every time we have sex. We are obviously transformed physically by the foreplay, the plateau, the orgasm and the afterglow. But the psychological transformation that comes with the physical transformation is far less obvious.

And the fact is we can be transformed for the better or for the worse.

In physical transformation we take on some of the physical characteristics of our lover. And in psychological transformation, we take on some of the psychological characteristics of our lover.

We readily use prophylactics to protect ourselves physically but we don't think to protect ourselves psychologically.

But it is worse than mere protection, for we don't have a plan for transformation.

This might complete BS but it's a pretty interesting idea. I know it's a couple of years ago but do you have evidence to support it?

S

Society

i think enneagram types might be more indicative of this... i would say 7w8s would be more inclined to look for sexual expeirences without feeling tied down, & perhaps insecure 2s looking to feel wanted.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
perhaps, but probably also a lot more boring than an FP :newwink:

Yeah, they are the msot liberals because they are the most openn to new approachs of sexuality, and put aside the afective side, sex is just an idea, and they are completely opened to this. That being said, tey usually don't practice a lot.

Mole

Permabanned
The Wind and the Sea

This might complete BS but it's a pretty interesting idea. I know it's a couple of years ago but do you have evidence to support it?

We can block ourselves off to personal transformation so that work, love or meditation have no effect on us.

But for those of us who choose the path of personal transformation, what we eat, how we breath, how we move, what work we do, who we love and how we love, and each meditation, changes us as the wind changes the sea.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We can block ourselves off to personal transformation so that work, love or meditation have no effect on us.

But for those of us who choose the path of personal transformation, what we eat, how we breath, how we move, what work we do, who we love and how we love, and each meditation, changes us as the wind changes the sea.

:). Such a beautiful answer. Let's say I completely agree with you. What concrete actions do you think a person should take on this journey? I don't mean this in any manner of disrespect or critique but can you speak in concrete manner and beyond the romantic platitudes?

Mole

Permabanned
Mindfulness

:). Such a beautiful answer. Let's say I completely agree with you. What concrete actions do you think a person should take on this journey? I don't mean this in any manner of disrespect or critique but can you speak in concrete manner and beyond the romantic platitudes?

Well, it certainly is romantic as the sea is in love with the wind and the wind is in love with the sea. But if we wish to follow a spiritual exercise in a spiritual tradition, we could do worse than mindfulness in buddhism.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am sexually force vectorial...

ok math jokes really aint funny :/

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm an ENFP and I'm saving myself for marriage.

Why? How would you know if you were sexually compatible or not? It will not be the end of the world if you have sex with someone you're not married to. Sheesh.

DisneyFanGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why? How would you know if you were sexually compatible or not? It will not be the end of the world if you have sex with someone you're not married to. Sheesh.

You know, I am really tired of people who say things like that. Everyone talks about tolerance now but when someone decides to save themselves for marriage, it's suddenly a horrible thing to do (when 50 years ago it was considered right). I'm saving myself because I don't want to get an STD, I don't want to end up with some guy who only wants me for my body, and I definitely don't want to get pregnant before I'm ready to have kids.

Sorry, I've had a really awful week and I'm snapping at everyone. But I stand by my decision.

S

Society

You know, I am really tired of people who say things like that. Everyone talks about tolerance now but when someone decides to save themselves for marriage, it's suddenly a horrible thing to do (when 50 years ago it was considered right). I'm saving myself because I don't want to get an STD, I don't want to end up with some guy who only wants me for my body, and I definitely don't want to get pregnant before I'm ready to have kids.

Sorry, I've had a really awful week and I'm snapping at everyone. But I stand by my decision.

i think he was just being curious... and so am i: protection or pills & blood tests pretty much solve 2/3rds of your problem, developing a relationship over time before jumping into bed solves the rest of it.

i get that you might not want to devalue sex by the possibility that it's just for your body, but isn't it a much greater risk to devalue marriage by the possibility that it's just for sex?

DisneyFanGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
i get that you might not want to devalue sex by the possibility that it's just for your body, but isn't it a much greater risk to devalue marriage by the possibility that it's just for sex?

See that's a good question. I believe (and have been told by people in my life who have experience with this issue) that sex is something that's going to exacerbate any breakup. I also really like the idea of only having sex with one man. It makes sex really special. But I want to make sure that man is someone I love for who he is, not for his body. It goes both ways. I don't really have a strong sex drive right now so I get the feeling that I won't have one in a relationship until much later on (in which case, I can handle it).

One of my dearest friends (who is possibly a fellow ENFP) says she had 3 sexual partners in her life and only 1 was married to her (that didn't work out for completely different reasons). She says she regrets having sex with the 2 other men after her marriage ended because it wasn't special. The breakups with them were a lot worse and the sex wasn't worth all the heartache. She and I are very similar so I don't want to ruin a relationship by having sex too early on.

Plus it's not a big deal. I've met a lot of guys who are also saving themselves for marriage. I would think that jumping into bed too early and having someone use you just for sex is a heck of a lot worse than waiting for marriage and having to work at it to make it more enjoyable. I see as a journey with one other person as opposed to people you'll just regret later on. Plus no contraceptive is 100% effective. I know someone who got pregnant while on the pill.

And I didn't even bring my religious views into this. This is all practical.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know, I am really tired of people who say things like that. Everyone talks about tolerance now but when someone decides to save themselves for marriage, it's suddenly a horrible thing to do (when 50 years ago it was considered right).

That's because 50 years ago, people were religious nuts. People let religion basically have control over their decisions. Instead of thinking for themselves, they just let their religion tell them what was "right" and what was "wrong". Since we now have more knowledge and insight than ever before, people are now more open-minded and make decisions without the extreme influence of religious views. We can make more informed decisions rather than those based solely on a "moral" issue.

I'm saving myself because I don't want to get an STD, I don't want to end up with some guy who only wants me for my body, and I definitely don't want to get pregnant before I'm ready to have kids.

There's no guarantee that you won't get an STD from the guy you're marrying. You can just ask the guys you're with to get a test. And you could always put your (unwanted) kid(s) up for adoption.

It's fine. I wasn't trying to be rude or mean or anything, I just didn't want you to close your mind off to the possibility of having sex before marriage. I just want you to think about these things.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15299]DisneyFanGirl[/MENTION]
I don't want to pressure you as it's none of my business or if you want to save yourself for marriage, but why can sex only be special with one person? why does having sex with 2 other guys mean I love my man any less or have less of a special connection with him? personally, I don't even like the idea of closed relationships to begin with? my preference would be
- 1 intimate partner
- friends who I have a subtle sexual dynamic with
- if something turns into sex, that's fine (though I don't think I'd be going out and seeking sex from other people, if we ending up having chemistry and wanting to get to it, I don't see a problem with that)

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From the opposite end of the spectrum I've noticed a lot of Fi types who do choose to wait until they're married to have sex tend to really value the emotional intimacy almost a sense of proprietariness of their partner? To be honest you do save yourself a lot of scars and I've noticed if the relationship lasts there can be a really deep intimate bond between the two that I personally wish I had in my own life. However, I've noticed that many of these types stop growing emotionally/sexually and/or become judgemental because they simply cannot relate to the experience of others

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just from the limited amount of people i have met and talked with i'd go with (in general)
ESFP
ESTP
ENTP
ENFP
In that order
So umm...lot of EP's there.