• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would You Kill a Person

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
who has tortured you?

Imagine you live in a police state. You have been "in" for 16 years.
Now you are free. You know where he lives.
You will not get caught.

You will kill him.
You will not kill him.
You do not know.

R

Riva

who has tortured you?

Imagine you live in a police state. You have been "in" for 16 years.
Now you are free. You know where he lives.
You will not get caught.

You will kill him.
You will not kill him.
You do not know.

It's not as easy as some people think it is to kill.
Before killing a person take a look at his eyes. Tell me what you felt and whether you did it in the end?
I don't think so.
Most murders are manslaughter.
Okay that's not true. But even if it is a 1st degree murder, what usually happens happens out of Blood Rush.

You want to kill him you really do, now you see him or start talking to him. Then you have a rush of adrenaline and BANG! you kill him.

^ most cases.

R

Riva

And how have you ever felf on revenge? any type of revenge. you want to take revenge from a bully, a jerk, or some A-Hole. Then he/she says something nice and..........

You don't want to take revenge anymore.

LucrativeSid

Yes. I wouldn't care about justice at that point. That person would have put me through so much pain and have made themselves so worthless to me that if killing them even made me feel just a tiny little bit better and helped me move with on with my life and personal growth just a tiny bit easier, I wouldn't feel at all guilty for taking that one small pleasure that I would usually deny myself at all costs. That pleasure being simple revenge, of course.

But I guess it would depend on why I was tortured. If he just did it because he liked doing it, then I'd kill him. And although it wouldn't fix everything or be the ultimate solution, I could at least begin the healing process. Until the end of my days, I wouldn't have an ounce of regret over doing it. I don't value the life of someone who would torture an innocent person for 16 years. I would feel like I had done exactly what needed to be done.

Last edited:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Depends how or the way in which he tortured me. Although I'd give him a quick death. Of course if I was innocent that's a different story.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
I guess that's why sniper rifles were invented. Or nukes, for that matter. Guided missiles; and so on.

I would probably not be able to kill a human that I know. No matter how much I fantasize about it and no matter what the human has done towards me/friends.
(obviously, I haven't been put into a situation of which you refer to and I can't imagine how I would react.)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
And how have you ever felf on revenge? any type of revenge. you want to take revenge from a bully, a jerk, or some A-Hole. Then he/she says something nice and..........

You don't want to take revenge anymore.
They never say anything nice.

R

Riva

They never say anything nice.

Which is true. A-holes are A-holes.

But think of a situation like this. You hate a person. You want revenge. But out of the blue he / she does something nice to you.

You feel like dropping the revenge plan?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Yes. I wouldn't care about justice at that point. That person would have put me through so much pain and have made themselves so worthless to me that if killing them even made me feel just a tiny little bit better and helped me move with on with my life and personal growth just a tiny bit easier, I wouldn't feel at all guilty for taking that one small pleasure that I would deny myself at all costs. That pleasure being simple revenge, of course.

But I guess it would depend on why I was tortured. If he just did it because he liked doing it, then I'd kill him. And although it wouldn't fix everything or be the ultimate solution, I could at least begin the healing process. Until the end of my days, I wouldn't have an ounce of regret over doing it. I don't value the life of someone who would torture an innocent person for 16 years. I would feel like I had done exactly what needed to be done.
An honest post.
And I very much think along the same line.

It would be hypocritical to think any other way.

R

Riva

An honest post.
And I very much think along the same line.

It would be hypocritical to think any other way.

He simply assumed he would.
Ask him whether he really does have any experience of carrying out his plan ever in the past.

I don't think so.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Which is true. A-holes are A-holes.

But think of a situation like this. You hate a person. You want revenge. But out of the blue he / she does something nice to you.

You feel like dropping the revenge plan?
It depends on how nice she does.

attetude

MBTI Type
xxxx
Maybe. If he has tortured me by orders, I probably wouldn't kill him. If he has done some torture just for the fun of it (and is still doing it to others), I would consider killing. On the other hand, can't say really because 16 years being tortured changes a person a lot. Actually, when I think about being tortured for 16 years I would probably kill him.

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
It's hard to say what that would do to me psychologically. The impulse for vengence would be there. If a loaded gun was placed in my hand while they were in the same room immediately following my torture, I might. I think it would be wrong, but I could pull the trigger. But if it's a matter of planning, I don't think I would. Especially because he or she would just have been acting as an agent of the state. I would be more likely to blame the system and join a resistance movement, I think.

attetude

MBTI Type
xxxx
Killing government agents could be considered fighting against the system. :yes: