• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would You Kill a Person

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I think I'd still be too scared to stick around and I'd just want to get as far away as possible with my family. I don't think I'd kill in cold blood for revenge unless it was one of my children that had been hurt.

If, when I got out, my family was dead, I might fixate on killing the guy and eventually do it. I might not have anything else to occupy me.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Depends.

What kind of torture? Well, I suppose if it were that he tortured me, it would be bad no matter what kind.

Mmmmm I can't say no. Too many possibilities.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think I could personally kill anything larger than a fly... actually, fish are kinda big :thinking:. I don't think I'd do it out of vengeance, I don't tend to feel the need for that. But if it was a job, or a sheer necessity, there's a chance that I'd detach and go through with it. A thirst for vengeance probably isn't the best quality a person could have, I admit that it would take a lot of guts to kill someone, but what's the point.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
Besides: Wouldn't 16 years of torture make one quite insane?
I might actually kill the man without knowing that it is reality and not just another of my fantasies.

EDIT: I don't know who I am after 16 years of torture.

P

Phantonym

Kill them? Probably not. I don't see death as punishment. It's an easy way out.

Seek some kind of retribution? Possibly.

I'd try to find some closure.

I like the little smiley-face icon for this thread. Nice touch. :laugh:

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
No.

But I would kill a person to protect my loved ones. I'm very sure about that.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
yes I think in all probability decades of abuse/torture that ones day you would snap and do something you would normally find horrific (and I beleive most people probably would).

I also thing that in the right conditions you would also eat them (think what happened int he Urals in Russia - canabals or death)

Do keep in midn it would take a lot of abuse to get msot people there

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
who has tortured you?

Imagine you live in a police state. You have been "in" for 16 years.
Now you are free. You know where he lives.
You will not get caught.

You will kill him.
You will not kill him.
You do not know.

I really don't know, there would be a lot of factors going into my decision and even then I don't think my mind would be made up until the very last second possible.

Ruining his life but leaving him alive would be very tempting, though if I still had a life waiting for me outside I don't think I could choose that option, because long term revenge tends to take time and effort (as in The Count of Monte Cristo).

I'd say that it would all depend on the moment I saw him really :doh:

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
No.
I took a pledge of nonviolence.
I'm happy that I did.
I'll stick with it.
Killing the person who did that horrible thing to me will not make me whole.
It will just make me him.
So, even if I thought that I killed him, he's not dead.
He's become alive again in me.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
This situation doesn't qualify as one in which I would have to kill.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
With all of those safety conditions, I'd probably kill the person. I feel morally conflicted about my choice.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yes, I'm sorry but this bullshit of oh i'll never kill anyone I'm too good of a person is bullshit. I'm not likely to kill someone, but I know their's that glimmer of a chance that everyone has and stop lying about ooh i'd never kill anyone. and if they're fucking torturing me damn straight I would.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If i'd kill someone...

I don't know... It depends on why I was imprisoned in the first place.
It also depends on how I was tortured.
Some torture is sometimes needed to extract vital information on time. If it were that important, i'd understand that it had to be done from their point of view.
Personally, I wouldn't have much warm feelings for them, though.

If i'm in an escape-and-evade scenario, I would not hesitate to knock out or kill anyone in order to get out alive myself... But killing someone without a need to do so is just unnecessary.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It depends on the context.

But I would most likely kill the person even if that person tortured someone else instead of me (even a complete stranger). I mean if a person can torture someone for 16 years and walk away that means that noting prevents it from torturing any other person for another 16 years. Or tortiring 16 people for a year. (or whatever)

And in the case that a state "protects" this person it should be a everybodies "duty" to kill the person that tortures people like this.

Just a thought.