• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

thinking outside the box

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
So I have been reading this biography and it is full of contradictory characters, so much so that it makes me wonder...

can infjs not care about other people's mental well-being, conventions of society and family, would they ever reject marriage in favor of ideas that are extremely controversial and liberal to their time period? would that be more intj?

can enfjs be so unhealthy as to throw violent tempers and suppress their feelings? the healthy ones are inspirational leaders, but the unhealthy ones are ... selfish, bad-tempered and paranoid?

My friend accuses me of stuffing people in boxes when I type everyone, but I just love the connections and explanations. I don't have a firm grasp on the secondary functions of the types yet.

Descriptions of types when they become unhealthy? Or something very surprising about a type that you have noticed?

deleted
There is no box. I just destroyed it.

Descriptions of types when they become unhealthy? Or something very surprising about a type that you have noticed?

Have you looked at the disorders correlations? Other than that, I know there are a lot of observable correlations to unheathy types, but I don't know where to start. I think INXPs can often be seen as sort of "closed-minded," due to their undeveloped Ne and what not. At the same time INTJs are seen as arrogant, and this could easily be attributed to undeveloped Te, if you consider the fact that modesty doesn't necessarily have to do with emotions or emotional norms.

VagrantFarce

I think INXPs can often be seen as sort of "closed-minded," due to their undeveloped Ne and what not.

I think this can be extended to all introverted perceivers.

At the same time INTJs are seen as arrogant, and this could easily be attributed to undeveloped Te.

Similarly, this can be extended to all introverted judgers. :)

I understand that unhealthy extraverted perceivers are likely to jump from one thing to another without cause or concern, but I'm still not sure how unhealthy extrarveted judgers come across. Perhaps overly dominating?

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
So I have been reading this biography and it is full of contradictory characters, so much so that it makes me wonder...

can infjs not care about other people's mental well-being, conventions of society and family, would they ever reject marriage in favor of ideas that are extremely controversial and liberal to their time period? would that be more intj?

can enfjs be so unhealthy as to throw violent tempers and suppress their feelings? the healthy ones are inspirational leaders, but the unhealthy ones are ... selfish, bad-tempered and paranoid?

My friend accuses me of stuffing people in boxes when I type everyone, but I just love the connections and explanations. I don't have a firm grasp on the secondary functions of the types yet.

No, you're right. A lot of the type-related personality issues can stem from a person forgetting their auxiliary (secondary) function and getting stuck in what we call a primary/tertiary loop. This can be an Si/Ti loop (like for me) or an Fe/Ne loop or anything that gives an unhealthy overbalance to one judging function and one perceiving function of the same attitude. They tend to be seen as either socially inept (introvert loops) or overly showy and lacking focus (extrovert loops). I'm working on a post right now with all 16 possibilities for each type missing a secondary.

Anyway, does this clear up what you were asking or are you more confused?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm working on a post right now with all 16 possibilities for each type missing a secondary.
Hmm, this seems very interesting.
Could a suppressed/lacking tertiary also be the cause of unbalance or problems? As a teenager, I got isolated because I stubbornly didn't follow any group norms. People just weren't interesting enough to care!
(Don't worry - it wasn't that bad. I exaggerated a bit to make it more clear. I was a mostly happy teenager :). But the few small problems I had, seem more of the lacking Fe than of the lacking Ti kind...)