• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you spatial, nonspatial or tangible?

evilrobot

MBTI Type
nite
Enneagram
5w4
Nicholas Lore used spatial, tangible and nonspatial aptitude in his career guides. One should stand out as being more or less dominant in each person, though some people may be fairly even in two or all three. Plus certain fields require ability in more than one. Here are sketches of all three based on Lore’s descriptions.

Spatials have an inborn talent for precisely visualizing and working with 3-D reality and objects. Architects, surgeons, engineers, mechanics, microbiologists, etc. If you enter these professions lacking spatial ability, as some people do without knowing it, you’re going to struggle.

Nonspatials tune into concepts outside 3-D reality and work naturally with ideas and information. A spatial looks at a house and thinks more about the structure and physical aspects. A non spatial wonders more about the lives of the occupants, the investment value, the feeling it projects, or other non material perceptions, impressions or abstractions about the house. Examples: psychology, literature, religion, political science, statistics, economics.

Tangibles are more hands-on reality. Work that intimately involves the physical world—but without the necessity to actually think in 3-D. They tend to apply things and ideas to get a real world result. According to Lore, it’s also the information technologist’s ability to mentally visualize network connectivety, like a picture of a schematic in the mind’s eye. FBI agents use this ability to put together real world facts and evidence to solve cases. Examples: network engineering, database design, graphic arts, web site design, gardening, cooking, restaurant and retail management, production, zoology, wildlife biology, sports.

You can combine this with your mbti type and maestro/tribal preference. Lore’s book Now What? has a section listing careers for each.

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
I'm pretty much non spatial. I can understand the craziest theories and I can see logic and connection in stuff where others don't, but I need to imagine it physically, see the use of it in real life. That's why i hate advanced algebra, but I like simple geometry and simple physics (fx mechanics) and I'm also pretty good at economics, I like psychology and also social studies. Because they're real. I can see them.
But i can say that i also have this big part of tangible in me.
I'm like 50% non spatial, 40% tangible and 10% spatial.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
somewhere in between tangible and spatial

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I'm a dominant spacial, but not lacking to any degree of severity in the other two.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Based on those descriptions, I'm probably Spatial.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure how this is related to cognitive ability, but spatial intelligence is always my strongest one. Based on the description I would probably be a combination of Spatial and Non-spatial.