• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do certain brands of philosophies tend to resonate with certain type?

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hypothesis: Yes.

Types and philosophies.
Which ones match up.
What about yourself?
What philosophies do you identify with.

I am an ENTP.
Objectivism has a special place in my heart.

Last edited:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's hard to give broad overviews of philosophies because they are so complex and each one branches out so much but in the spirit of the thread here goes:

Existentialism - SP

Behaviorism - SJ

Idealism (uh, obviously)- NF

Fallibilism - NT

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Weird, because I was thinking NF = existentialism

Coming to the same conlcusion from different angles... ?

I don't know how they see it, but I think this is all going to end and it means absolutely nothing, so it's up to the individual to decide what matters.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think this is all going to end and it means absolutely nothing, so it's up to the individual to decide what matters.

I see it as everything in this life is temporary and fleeting and essentially doesn't mean anything because there is eternal life. But, while we're here, we can make the best of our stay by creating reverence and meaning in the things that we've been given, including a lovely thing called human imagination.

I've personally come to accept that everything in due time will end because as I see it this world isn't actually real.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I see it as everything in this life is temporary and fleeting and essentially doesn't mean anything because there is eternal life. But, while we're here, we can make the best of our stay by creating reverence and meaning in the things that we've been given, including a lovely thing called human imagination.

I've personally come to accept that everything in due time will end because I understand that this world isn't actually real.

So the biggest difference is that I think everything is real.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
A philosophy that emphasizes the uniqueness and isolation of the individual experience in a hostile or indifferent universe, regards human existence as unexplainable, and stresses freedom of choice and responsibility for the consequences of one's acts.

Yup. That's everything I believe in a tidy dictionary format. :D

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
positivist I guess.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
critical realist, also. but it doesn't totally fit as I don't really believe in some of the quasi dualistic "our view vs the reality" some of that brand of philosophy seems to go toward.

So critical realist to a degree, but keep in mind shrodinger and how the observer is PART of the system he/she/it observes, in actuality but also 'historically', with a causal relationship between the system and how the observer came to be, and then how his ideas came to be (darwin applied to social knowledge and perceptions if u will

VagrantFarce

Te: Objectivism / Pragmatism
Ti: Rationalism / Structuralism
Fe: Utilitarianism
Fi: Hedonism / Emotivism / Moral universalism
Se: Empiricism / Materialism / Physicalism
Ni: Perspectivism / Pluralism
Si: Conservatism

Couldn't really link anything specifically to Ne beyond "general inquiry".