• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

why do Es sleep? it's MBTI fail.

Chloe

Extraverts should be energized by interaction. Introverts with no-interaction. We all know they tell us that we need to sleep in order to gain energy, they tell us that shit from early childhood, and we keep beliving it.. It just doesnt make sense to me, cos if Es gain energy with interacting, while you sleep... you dont interact.. or does dreaming count?
anyway, do introverts sleep more?

:shock::shock:

I just dont feel like sleeping anymore, and they cant make me! not anymore!!

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Is this like the "why do introverts use forums" post?

I don't like sleeping, I wish I could stay awake all the time.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Well E/Is all sleep because it's kind of a physiological necessity. Ya know, like eating and taking a shit...

We don't gain caloric energy from interacting with other people. When they say we "gain energy" from social interaction, that just means that we feel psychologically rejuvenated and more active when we are around people.

I doubt there are any significant correlations between E/I and how often a person sleeps. The correlation exists when you compare E/I and how much time a person spends alone or with people when they are awake.

thinkinjazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well E/Is all sleep because it's kind of a physiological necessity. Ya know, like eating and taking a shit...

We don't gain caloric energy from interacting with other people. When they say we "gain energy" from social interaction, that just means that we feel psychologically rejuvenated and more active when we are around people.

What they said. :yes:

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Nothing stopping the E from gaining energy via sleep interactions.

Chloe

I doubt there are any significant correlations between E/I and how often a person sleeps. The correlation exists when you compare E/I and how much time a person spends alone or with people when they are awake.

interesting ... :)

Is this like the "why do introverts use forums" post?

:yes: it also doesnt make sense.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

Mmm...in my experience, Is like sleeping much more than Es.

Anyway, I personally wish I didn't need to sleep. So much time of my life wasted.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6

Your experience doesn't include enough data to accurately mirror reality then. Is spend time doing lots of things other than sleeping, they just happen to be doing it alone. Watching movies, analyzing situations, solving math problems, making computer programs, reading the Bible, writing poetry, painting, etc. Hell, lots of these things they may even be able to do in their beds. Just because they are alone and under the sheets does not mean they are sleeping though. (Note: I realize how dirty that last sentence sounds, but get your mind out of the gutter!)

Please, offer a good reason as to why Is might sleep more than Es. One that I won't be able to counter with all the things I've already mentioned in this thread.

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2

Anyway, I personally wish I didn't need to sleep. So much time of my life wasted.

Interesting observation indeed. Yup... Bf, cousin, other cousin, friends... check. I always thought it was curious. Notice in my bf especially, he has to sleep at least 2-3 hrs more per night than I do. Perhaps because my schedule is always go go go?
:coffee:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
E's never stop interacting with each other, even in sleep. When an E goes to sleep, little do they know, they all go to the same dream land and continue to interact with each other. :ninja:

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
E's never stop interacting with each other, even in sleep. When an E goes to sleep, little do they know, they all go to the same dream land and continue to interact with each other. :ninja:

Heh, I wonder if Es have more vivid dreams than Is...

*EDIT* Maybe I'll start a thread on this some time if there's not already one and/or if I'm ever proactive enough to do it...

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
there's nothing like waking up in the morning/afternoon/evening/whenever and extroverting your genitals.

sometimes without the waking up part.

does this still tie to sleep? where am I?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
there's nothing like waking up in the morning/afternoon/evening/whenever and extroverting your genitals.

sometimes without the waking up part.

does this still tie to sleep? where am I?

extroverting your genitals?

is this a man thing?

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I'm not sure I want to know if I'm guessing correctly... lol

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
sometimes it extroverts itself. It needs contact with something so its extroversion can become satiated. Whether that thing be a hand or a woman or a goat or a microwaved watermelon with a hole carved in it.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
extroverting your genitals?

is this a man thing?

I'm just as confused as you...

Do penises talk!? I mean wow...yet another perk to being a man!

Edit: ah, I see. He was referring to an erection. Great, thanks. Moving on now...