• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Illustrating the Functions

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
It must be Ni, because I don't get it. :D

I simply chose it as a way of illustrating how Ni changes perspectives, in this case by viewing the fanatisism surrounding football as being very similar to the way people often react to religion. In fact, a lot of christians put more effort into following the sports results then they do thinking about god.

VagrantFarce

I simply chose it as a way of illustrating how Ni changes perspectives, in this case by viewing the fanatisism surrounding football as being very similar to the way people often react to religion. In fact, a lot of christians put more effort into following the sports results then they do thinking about god.

Ah, I see. :)

Bloody Ni...

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I've got a new answer to this question... an answer which, at the same time, fulfills the purpose of the thread as it gives a picture of the functions!
I'll let my functions answer:

NeTamske: Because Ne is the coolest function ever! Yay!! Kelvin rules! Add a thermometer to my hat!

TiTamske: Doesn't fit with your initial idea of portraying every function as interesting. Contradiction. Make a better picture of Se.

FeTamske: We've got to think about all the Se-dominated members of TypologyCentral - they would love to see a cool Se.

SiTamske: It was Ne who made these pictures.

NiTamske: No wonder. What if we listen to our Se a bit? Maybe we'll be able to portray her.

TeTamske: We've got to correct exams first. Don't procrastinate on that, lazybones!

FiTamske: Be fair. All functions are equally cool.

SeTamske: There is a snail in the grass. The cloud has an intricate pattern of light and dark. The football is in the shadow of the apple tree.

This is awesome. :)

I love the way you think/express your thoughts.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Ni is elusive for me, even after reading all of those fluffy, long-worded descriptions on it. That picture helps me understand it a bit better.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Yes, it's a little ironic that it turns out you need Ni to understand a picture posted to illustrate Ni.

I understood it immediately, which either means I have more Ni than I think or Ni isn't necessary to understand the illustration.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I got it. Immeditely.

VagrantFarce

You said ALL types, so you're saying I'm no type? ;)

No, I was just entertaining the possibility that your auxillary and tertiary functions might not be what you think they are. :)

THEREFORE I CAN STILL BE RIGHT HAHA :headphne:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
No, I was just entertaining the possibility that your auxillary and tertiary functions might not be what you think they are. :)

THEREFORE I CAN STILL BE RIGHT HAHA :headphne:

Yes, you can be. I think my tertiary function is introverted cheeseburger-broiling, but it could actually be extraverted chicken-frying, which as we all know is a whole different kettle of fish.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I understood it immediately, which either means I have more Ni than I think or Ni isn't necessary to understand the illustration.

That's a relief. I was mostly joking when I made that post. The functions are not skills or abilities, just drives to act/think in a particular fashion. A primary Ni is more likely to think in the method depicted, but that's not to say that no-one else could understand the idea when it is pointed out. In fact, anyone at all could have occational flashes of such thought.

Ethereal

MBTI Type
INTP
That's a relief. I was mostly joking when I made that post. The functions are not skills or abilities, just drives to act/think in a particular fashion. A primary Ni is more likely to think in the method depicted, but that's not to say that no-one else could understand the idea when it is pointed out. In fact, anyone at all could have occational flashes of such thought.

I percieved it as an Ni premonition. The dude who said "bout time" had an Ni premonition that it would eventually occur, and when he did he acknowledged it, or is that just the Ti/Ne way of connecting the dots...

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Ni
priorities.gif
It must be Ni, because I don't get it. :D
I also needed the explanation...

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I percieved it as an Ni premonition. The dude who said "bout time" had an Ni premonition that it would eventually occur, and when he did he acknowledged it, or is that just the Ti/Ne way of connecting the dots...

That wasn't what how I saw it, but it is a valid interpretation. I should add that I dislike the word "promonition" when talking about Ni. It suggests that something mystical is going on. I think "hunch" is closer to the truth.