• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Illustrating the Functions

VagrantFarce

Introverted Thinking
istockphoto_4279964-unfinished-jigsaw-puzzle.jpg

Extraverted Thinking
winter-timetable-2007-new.png

Introverted Intuition
relativity.jpg

Extraverted Intuition
weather.jpg

Introverted Feeling
innerchild.jpg

Extraverted Feeling
holding-hands.jpg

Introverted Sensation
passport-tattoo.jpg

Extraverted Sensation
costa-rica-surfing.jpg

Post your own! :) Images, videos, music, writing, whatever you think helps illustrate how the functions differ from each other.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
A slight variation on the theme

Inferior Se

gluttony.jpg

Inferior Si

disobedience700.jpg

Inferior Te

panic-705224.png

Kudos to those who find more.

VagrantFarce

Good idea! :)

Inferior Fe

WvUebXWa9p15rgm74VDXU28no1_500.jpg

Tertiary/Inferior Fi

captain_ahab_tn.jpg

(I tried to find a good one about the captain going down with the ship, but this is the best I could find :blush: )

VagrantFarce

Shifting from Se to Ni and then back again

[youtube=5wwItkoapuA]@ 1:20[/youtube]

[youtube=M28xmFhPt-A]@ 4:14[/youtube]

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Shadow Ne - Too many options, I can't decide what I want to do first!

Too-many-choices.jpg

Shadow Ni - No, I really do have magical, mystic insight!

pamela-kempthorne-as-wanda-the-witch.jpg

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well some people clearly don't understand Ni. Lol.

B

brainheart

Shifting from Se to Ni and then back again: Raging Bull

Such a perfect example. I think you can find the shift in many good films, probably because many filmmakers are ISXPs. And film displays it so well, the cacophony and strong visual of Se, and then all you have to do is pull into a facial close up with tight focus and turn down the external sounds, possibly turn up the sound of the protagonist's heart, breathing, and you've got that sudden awareness of what will happen displayed brilliantly.

Or something like that.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How is that Ni?

VagrantFarce

Well some people clearly don't understand Ni. Lol.

Well, how about some pop-culture Tertiary Ni?

[youtube=SYDLv8rK4z8]Tertiary Ni[/youtube]

"With Insomnia, nothing's real. Everything's far away. Everything's a copy, of a copy, of a copy."

How is that Ni?

The frame (and thus the character's perspective) is literally shifting to illustrate a total physical detachment. Remember that Ni stands opposite of Se.

B

brainheart

You don't think it is? Maybe I'm unaware and thinking something is Ni that I'm experiencing and it isn't, but I see it as that moment when you have this sudden realization of how things will be and there is nothing you can do to change it, no matter how much you'd like to. So I see that in Robert DeNiro's face, when he suddenly realizes, I am going to get destroyed.

What's Ni to you?

Yeah, the Fight Club one is a good way to describe it, too, in my opinion.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You don't think it is? Maybe I'm unaware and thinking something is Ni that I'm experiencing and it isn't, but I see it as that moment when you have this sudden realization of how things will be and there is nothing you can do to change it, no matter how much you'd like to. So I see that in Robert DeNiro's face, when he suddenly realizes, I am going to get destroyed.

Ah I didn't see the clip in that light.

B

brainheart

The frame (and thus the character's perspective) is literally shifting to illustrate a total physical detachment. Remember that Ni stands opposite of Se.

I think that's what can be so nuts about being an ISXP. There can be this frequent shift between the two, when they are two such radically different perceptions. I guess the same could be said for INXP as well, but I just notice the Se-Ni because I live it, and it can seem like this sudden tunnel vision/distortion, I mean I can really feel it, as if I am a camera and I am shifting my focus. But maybe that's just because I was a film major, I dunno.

It's cool to see it visualized on film, though. Maybe that's why I like movies so much.

VagrantFarce

I think that's what can be so nuts about being an ISXP. There can be this frequent shift between the two, when they are two such radically different perceptions. I guess the same could be said for INXP as well, but I just notice the Se-Ni because I live it,

Definately, I think all the types experience their auxillary and tertiary functions this way. :)

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
These are nice!
I've added a background to the Se guy I've posted earlier (MBTI comics thread) and made it into a motivational poster. Let's promote Se!

73341097.jpg

Edit. This would not be complete without promoting the function which caused me to do all this:

70763677.jpg

Just to be clear: Se and Ne are looking at the SAME landscape. Search the similarities :)