• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Illustrating the Functions

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'll try. xD

Ni (F)
Sybil-Trelawney-hogwarts-professors-7621971-1280-1024.jpg

Ni (general)
expensive-cow.jpg

Ne
indian-cats.jpg

Se
Casque_Moto_Suomy_Extreme_MotoGP_Neukirchner_Replica_ac1pz.jpg

Si
jardin.jpg

But the real Si is...
boring-company-picture.jpg

Te
strict-teacher.jpg

Ti
maths.png

Fi
images

Fe
Child%20-%20homework.jpg

Dom Sp/Aux On/Tert Ge/Inf Bob
spongebob.jpg

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why are all those Fis so calm and at peace with themselves? Isn't there any "restless wanderer" Fi?

Fi feels fairly "anchored" in me, as an aux function. not rigid, but abiding.

it is Ne that prompts all the wandering. :yes:

Coco said:

yeah, that's about how much sense Ni makes to me :laugh:

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Illustrating the functions - bird style.

Ne
crow-tools.jpg

Ti
2006-07-17_7145.jpg

Te
Baya_weaver_at_nest_I_IMG_5101.jpg

Ni
cormorant%20U-W%2004s.jpg

Se
wandering_albatross_cover_shot.jpg

Fi
ECollar-Dove-preening-339a.jpg

Si
shamawhrp-f-nest-material-ingow-4.jpg

Fe
249835405_35c178b326.jpg

Enneagram:

sp
SuperStock_1558-08753.jpg

so
seagull-bird-group.jpeg

sx
Frigate-Bird-Courtship.jpg

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
Fi:

keep_the_faith_by_atte_1-d2y7m2a_large.jpg

tumblr_l7sl3790Dh1qbriamo1_500_large.jpg

tumblr_l2euhsdTy01qbdnvro1_500_large.jpg

bw,cute,dog,puppy,so,cute,lonely-c85a9450ec1b672cabac0173254897c3_h_large.jpg

Fe:

tumblr_l8w3u3DTfa1qbr1zko1_500_large.jpg

...sees what others need.

Ti:

tumblr_l5cvdt4rSL1qc4fv5o1_500_large.jpg

...can't have allies, needs to be truthful to self.

tumblr_l4y4bi5flg1qcny9io1_500_large.jpg

...sometimes comes to weird conclusions. Also, tries to be as objective as possible.

20100105_01_000000_large.jpg

...focuses and sees structure.

Ni:

_TLP_IMG_0274_large.jpg

tumblr_l2jwcdDtgr1qadknlo1_500_large_large.jpg

tumblr_l8upgu1q2h1qd4wo0o1_500_large.jpg

...sees everything in the light of the perceived "truth".

Ne:

tumblr_l7cxwra7un1qcs56do1_500_large.jpg

2ch8c2b_large.png

Si:

tumblr_l7urh8YYgZ1qzfdjlo1_500_large.jpg

...focus, senses.

tumblr_l0412tV3iy1qzay4ko1_500_large.jpg

Se:

tumblr_l8k0gwgUHp1qc5sxdo1_500_large.jpg

tumblr_l706picevU1qbyfeco1_400_large.jpg

...using weheartit.com and keyword search. It was difficult to find anything cool for some functions.

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
Cognitive portraits, chemistry-style

uh maybe for Ni:

floyd.png

Maybe this captures the whole 'metaperspective' aspect, in the white light that is ideally holistic and branches out to a bunch of different linear paths.

Pictures representing cognitive functions, chemistry-style, which perhaps Jung would have liked, if he cared more about the alchemical practice than theory, which we chemists have inherited:

Ni:
optics.spectroscope.jpg

Te:
Spektrometr.jpg

I think of Ni as a spectroscope, without the further instrumentation that is required to extract knowledge from. Te is the attached computer to Ni. The issue with this, though, is that spectrometers are often hidden in the instrumentation these days...so transferring it to psychology, people often see Te and rarely Ni.

Fi:
green_chemistry.jpg

Se:
Chem_img030.jpg

These two, respectively, involve an implicit valuation of chemistry--in this case, the desire to eliminate harmful chemical processes from the start rather than cleaning up afterwards--and the process of titration, which is all visual :)

Ne:
substituents.jpg

Ti:
0865426848.jpg

Ne is the function that tries to find many possible ways of putting things together mentally, such as these chemical groups, on paper for instance. Ti consolidates knowledge into a systematic form, ready for use when necessary, like the IUPAC gold book of chemical jargon shown here. IUPAC has done a great job organising the chemical language so that no one will get confused over what they're talking about.

Fe:
Elective_Affinities.png

Si:
periodic_table.jpg

Fe cares about people. As I have often seen, people invoke the language of chemistry to describe their relationships. And finally...hidden in the background like the air we breathe...Si with the periodic table! Historically, chemists discovered many elements by analysis and these observations were recorded in lab books. Boring though this may be, but it's vital to the existence of our science. [So perhaps another picture for Si would be a lab book.]

So there you have it: a chemical-based portrait of the eight cognitive functions, in order of my personal-cognitive preference.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ti:
5520999541_ccdb33c12e.jpg

Te:
5521551506_324049e260.jpg

Fi:
5520955213_8a878d9c78.jpg

Fe:
5364084200_3805ed804a_m.jpg

Si:
5364084150_9a784df5f0.jpg

Se:
5521563330_a30bcecfb2.jpg

Ni:
5520967531_ed55caea2e_m.jpg

Ne:
5363471691_e41503facd_m.jpg

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
The several "superpowers" threads made me want to do this: superhero functions!

To start with the most traditional superhero:
supersi.jpg

His i-pad connects not only to the internet, but also to his personal Super Archive :). And, compared to the other super functions, SuperSi is the only one able to boast experience.

The second one I came up with was this one:
superti.jpg
[/URL]
SuperTi is analysing the situation and will whip out his pencil very soon to announce his judgment...

And I've always wanted to do this. Here's SuperTe:
superte.jpg

Because knowing the Force doesn't restrict you to hand-to-hand combat. That's one of my pet peeves in Star Wars: so you've got the technology to destroy planets and you're fighting with a SWORD?!? The only reason I can see is because sword-fighting looks cool. But SuperTe doesn't care about looking cool, hence he gets a kalashnikov.

And, surprisingly, this is only the fourth one I came up with:
superne.jpg

Here's SuperNe! I used a traditional muse image, messed around with colour (well why not? It hasn't any use, but hey, this isn't a Te) and some special effects, and added the antennae.

Still thinking about Fe, Fi, Se and Ni... :)

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Ni (general)
expensive-cow.jpg
LOL I think I lack Ni altogether. I have no idea what that means. Is it supposed to be a fake cow? Cow facade? So we think there is a cow in the field -- eyes are deceiving -- but in reality there is no cow in the field, an alternate perspective Ni style?

Ne: [image]
Ne is the function that tries to find many possible ways of putting things together mentally, such as these chemical groups, on paper for instance.
I think isomers may work for this, too. Seeing all possible isomers, that is. But I very much liked your post, especially Se/titration.

This actually reminds me of something I saw a while ago...
From http://periodictable.com.

s9s.JPG

The disk shown is from the intake stage of a jet engine. This may actually work for Ti, especially STP Ti.

s9s.JPG

Selenium occurs in (fairly) pure form in nature. This native selenium is exactly as it came out of the ground. It is used in many light-sensing applications: photocopiers, automatic light switches and light meters.
I don't think this is bad either. (Edit: I just realized that, unlike Ti, this requires the description to hold any water. lol)

Unfortunately iron doesn't quite represent Fe properly, haha. I don't think nickel (Ni) or tellurium (Te) really work either. Hm. I probably missed some though. Like Si.

swift sylvan

MBTI Type
NiTi
Now I could be wrong, but I thought the cow represents us as humanity or more specifically that cow represents me/you/the person looking at the picture. Think about it, in many ways through life we are guided about as if we are cattle. Also, how we see groups of other humans we don't know especially in environments like massive shopping (I see humans like this whenever I go to a huge mall complex) or other major events with a large amount of people.

I almost posted a joking reply to this picture asking if the poster was implying we were all fat?

LOL I think I lack Ni altogether. I have no idea what that means. Is it supposed to be a fake cow? Cow facade? So we think there is a cow in the field -- eyes are deceiving -- but in reality there is no cow in the field, an alternate perspective Ni style?

I think isomers may work for this, too. Seeing all possible isomers, that is. But I very much liked your post, especially Se/titration.

This actually reminds me of something I saw a while ago...
From http://periodictable.com.

s9s.JPG

The disk shown is from the intake stage of a jet engine. This may actually work for Ti, especially STP Ti.

s9s.JPG

Selenium occurs in (fairly) pure form in nature. This native selenium is exactly as it came out of the ground. It is used in many light-sensing applications: photocopiers, automatic light switches and light meters.
I don't think this is bad either. (Edit: I just realized that, unlike Ti, this requires the description to hold any water. lol)

Unfortunately iron doesn't quite represent Fe properly, haha. I don't think nickel (Ni) or tellurium (Te) really work either. Hm. I probably missed some though. Like Si.

Random Ness

WTF? Why is Ni a cow?!?

LOL @ BIRDS

I'll do it for my life...

bluegirl.jpg

^Dominant Ni: YOU CAN'T ESCAPE FROM US...WE'LL FIND OUT THE TRUTH!!! > : (

cheerysentimental3.jpg

^Auxiliary Fe: I will be the best that I can be so I can help you the best I can!

mechanics.jpg

^Tertiary Ti: THEY FIT TOGETHER. I SWEAR.

inspiration.jpg

^Inferior Se: OMG PRETTY TOWN :D !!!

emo.jpg

^Opposing Ne: Sorry dudes...life ain't meaningful.

lightgoddess.jpg

^Critical Parent Fi: I am The Bearer of Moral Truth. No srsly, I am.

homework.jpg

^Deceiving Te: I'M NOT GONNA FINISH ON TIME!!! D:

iceskate.jpg

^Devilish Si: Ha ha, rules. Ha ha...

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The functions - version #2 (the personal, subjective edition)

Ti
url

("this is how it works")

Ne
url

(playtime ... and so many options!)

Si
url

(the alternative were old family photos on a mantlepiece, but I couldn't find a nice picture)

Fe
url

(feeling all warm and fuzzy here)

and now it's getting nasty:

Te
url

("Go and do stuff! In an orderly manner. Schnell, schnell!")

Ni
url

("You're doomed. Don't ask me how I know - I just know")

Se
url

(hedonistic pleasure at its best, distraction at its worst)

Fi
url

(a.k.a "woman on a mission" or "one against the rest of the world")

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why are all those Fis so calm and at peace with themselves? Isn't there any "restless wanderer" Fi?

I'm both; being both, that makes me the latter, as I'm not one (thus, not in a tranquil state associating with the former, which is a hint of the former). As for the pictures, I'll put them some other day.:D

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ne (artist: Tamadi Yamada)
05-Tadami-Yamada-1975.jpg

Ni (artist: Phil Kirkland):
02-Phil-Kirkland--illus.-for-Psychology-Today-(1970)_900.jpg

yeghor

Ni-dom

Fe-aux

Ti-tert

Se-inf

Ne-shadow

Fi-shadow

Te-shadow

Si-shadow

Edit:

Actually Se-inf would look more like this :)

Last edited: