• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Illustrating the Functions

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
That was me as a kid :/ That's shadow Ne?

Sorry for the late reply.

It certainly can be, especially in the 5th place opposing position, as it is in INJs. The opposing function usually acts as a distraction, pulling people away from what really makes them happy. INJs usually have long term projects. Opposing Ne presents them with a multitude of alternatives. Follow up on those suggests too often, and the INJ winds ups failing to do what really interests them.

Actually, it could also be an ENP child those auxilary judging function hasn't developed yet. Thus they can see, possibilities but not choice between them.

Given that the picture I chose has a child in it, I'm not surprised that particular interpretation of came up. However, it was the first concept I was trying to describe.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I think it's just trying to eat it?

Must be Se then :D

UNLESS you take it into a metaphorical mental realm where it's trying to MENTALLY devour the IDEA of a camera. Then it would be Ti.

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
Chernikov for Te. :)

Chernikhov1.jpg

Arch+fant+2.jpg

chernikhov_front.jpg

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
rollercoasterc.jpg

Two remarks:
The Ne is actually right. He's holding his hand like a reference frame. With respect to that reference, he's standing still and everything moves around him.
I don't know what it was that reminded the Ni of the presentation at work. It is surely not the rollercoaster.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Inferior Fe - "You are my only friend. They have to stay with me. Forever."

Caged__by_PlastikStars.jpg

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
rollercoasterc.jpg

Two remarks:
The Ne is actually right. He's holding his hand like a reference frame. With respect to that reference, he's standing still and everything moves around him.
I don't know what it was that reminded the Ni of the presentation at work. It is surely not the rollercoaster.

This is very good, but swap Ne and Ni.

Ni is about shifting your frame of reference and viewing the system from an outside perspective independent of any bias created by the system itself. Realizing that our assumption that we're moving (based on Se) is erroneous and that the Earth is really moving around us, despite what our obvious sense impression says--that is classic Ni. Seeing through the immediate impression and reaching a truly outside perspective free from any misleading unconscious assumptions.

Ne would be thinking about what metaphor (itself a connection between two unrelated contexts) to use in an unrelated context at a later time, and how the current context reminds it of a different, seemingly unrelated context by connecting across abstract impressions of similarity. "Whatever is going on right now somehow reminded me of something totally unrelated!" is classic Ne.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
This is very good, but swap Ne and Ni.

Ni is about shifting your frame of reference and viewing the system from an outside perspective independent of any bias created by the system itself. Realizing that our assumption that we're moving (based on Se) is erroneous and that the Earth is really moving around us, despite what our obvious sense impression says--that is classic Ni. Seeing through the immediate impression and reaching a truly outside perspective free from any misleading unconscious assumptions.

Ne would be thinking about what metaphor (itself a connection between two unrelated contexts) to use in an unrelated context at a later time, and how the current context reminds it of a different, seemingly unrelated context by connecting across abstract impressions of similarity. "Whatever is going on right now somehow reminded me of something totally unrelated!" is classic Ne.
They are on a rollercoaster!
I always thought Ne was the one needing the input...
Argh! :steam:
Whenever I try to describe Ni, I get the reaction that I got either Si or Ne. I'm used to missing Ni, so I'm quite okay with that.
But this is the first time I've missed a Ne!:shock:
:peepwall:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They are on a rollercoaster!
I always thought Ne was the one needing the input...
Argh! :steam:
Whenever I try to describe Ni, I get the reaction that I got either Si or Ne. I'm used to missing Ni, so I'm quite okay with that.
But this is the first time I've missed a Ne!:shock:
:peepwall:

Well, I assumed something about what was going on at the moment led Ne to associate the current context with a different one (like "what metaphor should we use?")

You're right that Ne needs input.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I have mulled this around in my head for quite some time now... I was fairly sure (before your comment) that the reference frame thing was Ne. I'm doing that all the time on rollercoasters... or yelling things like "long live gravity, and the normal force, and acceleration!"

I think I know what happened.

The reference frame was meant as a physics joke. Not as a psychological metaphor.
I can see Ne cracking physics jokes, stimulated by the rollercoaster input.
I can also see Ni shifting the point of view - and saying the same words.

I didn't think of "reference frame" as anything else than a physics joke. Well, in my defense, I'm a physicist... I just wanted Ne to say something that had a link with the outside situation, to make it clear Ne is using the input. In the same vein, I wanted Ni to say something that hadn't anything to do with the rollercoaster or anything else in the outside world.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tertiary Si *the story the actual video tells*

I think the actual video itself represents what Si in the Tertiary role plays *for me at least and my idea of the theory*.

Especially at the end with the old man and the box. But the whole video sets the backdrop for that part.

YouTube - Josh Turner - Would You Go With Me

:)

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
More function images... Here are some graphs representing my use of the functions in different circumstances.

functionuse.jpg

functionuse2.jpg

functionuse3.jpg

F

figsfiggyfigs

I bet that is an expensive restaurant. That fish tank takes up a lot of space that could otherwise have been used for paying customers, and will incure maintanance costs. The limited number of seats mean they can't capitalise on the number of customers that such a decoration would attract, so therefore they must charge over the odds in order to stay in business.

You can take that as an example of Te, if you like.

lol, I was thinking the same thing

" well, that's beautiful and all, but completely useless!!! "

;)

VagrantFarce

[youtube=YupJAdw4RGQ]Ni > Se[/youtube]

"Sometimes the more you look, the less you know"