• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Illustrating the Functions

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This seems more like Ne to me. The girl doesn't seem to be too "in the moment" to me, I rather feel she might be imagining she's some fairy-tale princess playing in the garden, or maybe she's returning to her childhood in her imagination, or both.

The picture definitely immediately made my Ne go wild...:cheese:

There's a Ne (particularly paired with Fi & tert-Si) aspect to it I considered, as it's very romantic & dreamy, and it appeals to me in just the way you describe.

However, I also did feel it could be seen as enjoying the moment....experiencing the natural beauty, the sunlight pouring down, the motion of the swing. It seems to capture a moment, and I think of Se as enjoying the moment. All of my picks are obviously coming from my perspective though - same reason I gave a explanation of sort for my Ni picks.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
MBR050408015.jpeg

I wonder if this might be a homage to Fragonard's 'The Swing'.

fragonard_swing.jpg

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
Rembrandt's philosopher reminds me of Ni because of his (and the other figure's) quiet, retreating contemplation of truth (light), the connection to elevated consciousness symbolized by the stairs, and the synthesis of the light/truth source duality into a united yin/yang-like whole.

rembrandt-philosopher-in-meditation.jpg

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
The Eight Sacred Commandments for the ENTP:

Ne: Above all, create abstract theories based on the patterns you observe.
Ti: Then, discern between true and false, using logic and analytic reasoning.
Fe: Be a helpful and trusty friend to people you trust and care for.
Si: Fourth, store each experience and recognize when you can use it.
Ni: Seek patterns in your experience and use them in a broader context.
Te: Focus on your goal and discern between what makes you move towards it and what not.
Fi: If no decision is made yet, discern between good and bad and stay true to yourself.
Se: Lastly, enjoy the moment and seek new sensory pleasures.

(For another type, just change the order of these Commandments! :D)

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Rembrandt's philosopher reminds me of Ni because of his (and the other figure's) quiet, retreating contemplation of truth (light), the connection to elevated consciousness symbolized by the stairs, and the synthesis of the light/truth source duality into a united yin/yang-like whole.

I see the smith in the corner and imagine another function, an INJ's secondary judging function?

The painting seems quite Ni to me, too. Your words explain the vibe I get from it. :)

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
I see the smith in the corner and imagine another function, an INJ's secondary judging function?

I'm not sure I can see how Fe or Te would work for the second figure. How do you envision it?

I just saw the woman tending to the hearth as another seeker of a complementary "truth" from a separate light source: as being the yin looking inward to the yang philosopher looking outward, joined to him by a shared consciousness (the space).

VagrantFarce

I finally found this scene!!! :D This is Se in all its glory!

[youtube=o8OJrJjHFJo]Extraverted Sensation[/youtube]

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
echidna-dork.jpg

Not totally representative, but it makes me think of Ti. "What is this? How does this operate...?"

VagrantFarce

[youtube=lSrTmnrURuw]Se[/youtube]
[youtube=8GS6vxb4H3M]Te[/youtube]
[youtube=dnFsjuYuMvg]Fe[/youtube]
[youtube=1ioBZ5fNJO8]Ne[/youtube]
[youtube=FO214IFRW1M]Ni[/youtube]
[youtube=cufk6MMwd5o]Fi[/youtube]
[youtube=VVfykwiYE3s]Ti[/youtube]

Anyone know a good Si-related video?