• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Substance abuse/brain damage and MBTI

attetude

MBTI Type
xxxx
I used to be very ISTJ when I was younger, seems stupid if I now correlate mostly with ENFP. At the age of 17 I began using alcohol and cannabis, sometimes very heavily. When I was 19 I had a psychosis (probably because of cannabis usage) and I noticed that my personality changed a lot, and others have said that too (mostly I became way more extroverted after I overcame panic attacks and so on).

So, I am wondering if substance use can cause brain damage that changes the way your brain works and change personality permanently?

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I wouldn't call the kind of mental change that occurred, shifting your personality from ISTJ to ENFP, "damage." I'd call it a blessing. Drugs will grant your every wish!

F

FigerPuppet

Oh hey! It's like one of those questions you get in IQ tests.