• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What happens when the inferior first kicks in at a young age?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At a very young age, maybe in the early teens, someone's inferior probably kicks in and kicks them in the ass. Their rose colored classes come off, and realize their inferior even slightly. And it changes their perspective a lot. Only when the person has developed their auxillary will it balance out.

How do you think this manifests itself in the types?

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
ENTPs probably get really freaked out at how weird they are compared to the rest of society and diagnose themselves with some kind of off-the-wall personality disorder.

INTPs probably freak out about the fact that they don't really get along with anybody and start desperately seeking friendly relations.

ISTJs probably realize how normal their lives are and desperately research how to become less mainstream. Or they sign up for an art class.

ISFJs realize how normal their lives are and desperately try to make friends with the misfits. Or they start going to Drama Club.

I don't really want to keep pulling stuff out of my ass for the rest of the types. I'm kind of making this up as I go along, but maybe I'll come back to it later.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Those are really good tesla. I'm mostly curious because I got this idea with a friend, but I can't really think of any at the moment.

E_FJ- May feel "stupid" and try as hard as they can to achieve academically.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
When my Fi started really kicking in (at around age 11-13), it was a huge shift. I think my dad even noticed it and thought I was having some problems. I guess it all kicked off when I had my first real crush which lasted a very long time. It brought a lot of heart ache, nothing serious in retrospect, but it was definitely a hard time in my life emotionally.

Great thread. :)

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I would go on, but I think they will start getting redundant.

I'd say that if one's inferior function kicks in at a young age, and this on-button causes one to realize that the inferior function should be developed (to "gain balance"), then one will use their secondary function to try and reconcile the inferior with the dominant. I doubt they'd revert to using the dominant function to solve the internal "problem", as the dominant function opposes the inferior function that they are wanting to realize.

INTP notices that he isn't friendly/polite enough, so he starts using his Ne to be witty and attract new friends. It's probably not a smooth process though; those kinds of epiphanies can be a bit disconcerting for people, I'm sure. I guess the more the dominant function overpowers the rest of the functions, the harder the process will be.

This is all highly theoretical though.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
INTP notices that he isn't friendly/polite enough, so he starts using his Ne to be witty and attract new friends.

I really like this. I think when I first realized that people didn't respond to Te so well I started using Ni to "point out the potential flaws in something" rather than flat out telling them it wasn't going to work out and had to be done differently.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
E_FJ- May feel "stupid" and try as hard as they can to achieve academically.

Or ENFJ will use her Ni to contemplate the meaning of intelligence and just decide that it's all arbitrary anyway, ultimately arriving at a contented sense of self-validation.

And ESFJ will start memorizing lots of things to convince herself that she's intelligent. She'll do this with study-buddies though, of course.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is all so interesting because it all seems to make sense.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFP would probably realize how un objective that they were and try to make up for this by being in touch with reality.

ESTP probably realizes that there is a purpose to things, and that there are other implications besides what's on the surface, so they strive to get more intelligent to make up for this.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
When my Fi started really kicking in (at around age 11-13), it was a huge shift. I think my dad even noticed it and thought I was having some problems. I guess it all kicked off when I had my first real crush which lasted a very long time. It brought a lot of heart ache, nothing serious in retrospect, but it was definitely a hard time in my life emotionally.

Great thread. :)

I think this may have happened to me too. I was this really boisterous, singing in public, dancing on coffee tables, forcing my friends to follow my "choreographed" plays, obnoxiously insensitive to some people, motor-mouth as a child...then all of a sudden as a teenager I became this gothic, grungey, emo chick who actually thought I was a communist in the 11th grade :rolli: (there were serious external triggers for this which I do not wish to discuss at this time) but I remember being about 15 and my grandfather's wife just being like "what the hell happened to you?"

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh, and I don't know if this is related in any way, shape, or form ... but I seemed to be a lot more attracted to the occult, symbols, and the fantastic as a teenager, which is probably why I first got a result as INFJ when I took the MBTI test at seventeen. I mean, really, really really. I was known for this stuff amongst my friends, like, "marmalade will read your tarot cards and do your astrology chart." I was also obsessed with making connections between spirituality, psychology, and science. I used to do meditations to develop my intuition and "psychic abilities."

Is this Ni, or was I just particularly fanciful as an adolescent?

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Oh, and I don't know if this is related in any way, shape, or form ... but I seemed to be a lot more attracted to the occult, symbols, and the fantastic as a teenager, which is probably why I first got a result as INFJ when I took the MBTI test at seventeen. I mean, really, really really. I was known for this stuff amongst my friends, like, "marmalade will read your tarot cards and do your astrology chart." I was also obsessed with making connections between spirituality, psychology, and science. I used to do meditations to develop my intuition and "psychic abilities."

Is this Ni, or was I just particularly fanciful as an adolescent?

Hm, I'm not sure if that's Ni. I was once interested in magic too, until my Ti kicked in and figured out how silly that was. I think it's just an off-the-charts Ne imagination thing. I've always thought that an ENFP would be the most likely type to be a medium hugging her crystal ball, charging 50 bucks for palm readings.

Ni isn't really your inferior function though anyway. Something about shadows. ::mind begins to implode::

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've always thought that an ENFP would be the most likely type to be a medium hugging her crystal ball, charging 50 bucks for palm readings.

ha ha, ok, makes sense then

Ni isn't really your inferior function though anyway. Something about shadows. ::mind begins to implode::

Yeah, I know it's not my inferior function, but it was something that I've wondered about and never really brought up here.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i played sports as a kid, but my tertiary didn't really kick in in an obvious way until 19-20. and my inferior Se is still, well, it's always there but it's ability to fight back, assert itself, create a strong space for itself to impact my awareness, well, those elements are still underdeveloped. i have an obvious push for new sensory experiences, but they get totally drowned out by the (Ni) radio most of the time. an occasional serene benevelont moment of Se can re-center me, but i need to already be moving and have the momentum for it to really get me off the ground.

i think dealing with stress could promote function development in a huge schismatic prism of ways. but the basic template for type development and function error-checking, blind-spot reduction, etc still stands as is.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I can play along to this. I'm nearing 20 years of age, and my Te has surely beat me down in the past year or two of 'adulthood'. It's usually there when I've realized what a disorganized, jump-to-conclusions based on Fi/Si person I can be. I've become aware of this and sometimes forcefully heed Te by acting like something foreign (decision-making, assertive, cold, jerk in rare extremes). I'm not sure if this is because I'm trying to improve myself or if I'm just being a fake.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Look at the post right above you^^^

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
So I'm an INTP and the Fe came about when I started dating a boy. My whole life I had prided myself on not being all feeling-y and a girly girl. I even was proud that I didn't cry for like 3 years of my life or something. But then I started dating this boy at 16 and was surprised at all the emotions I started to feel. I remember thinking, when and why and how did I get so emotional????? WTF? I still to this day am trying to figure out all these emotions I feel when I am involved with someone.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
So I'm an INTP and the Fe came about when I started dating a boy. My whole life I had prided myself on not being all feeling-y and a girly girl. I even was proud that I didn't cry for like 3 years of my life or something. But then I started dating this boy at 16 and was surprised at all the emotions I started to feel. I remember thinking, when and why and how did I get so emotional????? WTF? I still to this day am trying to figure out all these emotions I feel when I am involved with someone.

Hm, that sounds more like some Fi stuff kicking in. It happens to me too when I really like a guy. We Ti users don't really know how to make logical sense out of strong emotions, and it really bother us. It's something I envy in FPs some times. It would probably make dating a lot more natural for me. But anyway, Fe isn't really responsible for strong internal, personal emotions.

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
Hmmmm i see. I guess I don't know the difference between fe and fi