• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do some people on this forum seem to dislike MBTI?

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
And the whole of typology.
I've seen comments to the effect of saying "MBTI will ruin your life!"
Sure, you can disagree with it. But why join the forum?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So others can be saved from the evils of MBTI? =/

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Kind of a milder version of fundamentalist Christians hanging out at abortion clinics

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Well, at least to me the main point for hanging around here isn't typology. I think I joined because of some typology related question, but stayed because many of my main interests can be discussed here with more or less like-minded people. I like the mood around here as well. So, even if I would wake up to see the evil in typology, I might stay.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Even disregarding all the typology stuff it's still a pretty interesting place with interesting people.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I love MBTI. But too much of anything is a terrible thing. Especially when it's the wax that sinks deep into the cracks of your psyche..and that's what we, at Typologycentral.com do!

We over analyze every teeny tiny little detail and variation of our actions, feelings, and thoughts as applied to MBTI and think it has relevance. We let it control us and our perceptions.

MBTI is a great tool. But we over estimate it's influence in the human mind.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There are also people who are interested in typology but don't like the stereotypes that are thrown around in these kind of environments, nor the tendency for people to explain their lives away using MBTI, ie I'm not good at meeting new people because I'm an introvert etc.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
There are also people who are interested in typology but don't like the stereotypes that are thrown around in these kind of environments, nor the tendency for people to explain their lives away using MBTI, ie I'm not good at meeting new people because I'm an introvert etc.

E X A C T L Y

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Typology is one of the greatest things that I've ever came across.

But, like a fragile egg, if we squeeze it too hard, it will break and it will be nasty.

Sadly, a TON of TypoC members have already broken the egg.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
nor the tendency for people to explain their lives away using MBTI, ie I'm not good at meeting new people because I'm an introvert etc.

I don't understand the point of doing this. Why wouldn't the response be: "This is a weakness I'm naturally inclined to have, so now that I'm aware of its existence, I can work on it." instead of "We all do it! Woo!"

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't understand the point of doing this. Why wouldn't the response be: "This is a weakness I'm naturally inclined to have, so now that I'm aware of it's existence, I can work on it." instead of "We all do it! Woo!"

That's easy.

People want an excuse to act the way they do. For the most part, they don't want to actually have to work to change.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
That's easy.

People want an excuse to act the way they do. For the most part, they don't want to actually have to work to change.

People want to understand. People want to think they understand.

But, between you and I, Biaxident...I think half the people here only stick around because of your incredibly good looks and your highly charismatic persona. :jew:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
People want to understand. People want to think they understand.

But, between you and I, Biaxident...I think half the people here only stick around because of your incredibly good looks and your highly charismatic persona. :jew:

LOL.

Not likely.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't understand the point of doing this. Why wouldn't the response be: "This is a weakness I'm naturally inclined to have, so now that I'm aware of its existence, I can work on it." instead of "We all do it! Woo!"

+10000