• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type related personality disorders

Jaguar

Well, I was just operating off the theory that's resident within this thread. We can talk about that though, too. Why don't you elaborate?

Things that are obvious, do not need "elaboration."
My prior post speaks for itself.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Things that are obvious, do not need "elaboration."
My prior post speaks for itself.

Pff, sounds like a cop-out. It's not obvious to me, so clearly I'm an idiot. Why don't you be a dear and enlighten me?

Please, offer some of the intellect from your dense mind to those of us that are a bit more porous, and expound upon your "prior post." Do you want specific questions? Will that enhance your neurons' abilities to fire signals to each other through that tightly-packed brain of yours? Here, I'll spell it out for you:

If your ideas on typology don't operate within the realm of function theory and function orders, then in what realm are you operating?

How do you type people if not by function orders?

What do the functions mean to you? Are they just definitions that have no correlation with the 4-letter type?

What's the point of assigning a type to people if you can't use the function orders to more clearly define what you mean by that type? Or are the 4-letter types just completely meaningless?

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Pff, sounds like a cop-out. It's not obvious to me, so clearly I'm an idiot. Why don't you be a dear and enlighten me?

Please, offer some of the intellect from your dense mind to those of us that are a bit more porous, and expound upon your "prior post." Do you want specific questions? Will that enhance your neurons' abilities to fire signals to each other through that tightly-packed brain of yours? Here, I'll spell it out for you:

If your ideas on typology don't operate within the realm of function theory and function orders, then in what realm are you operating?

How do you type people if not by function orders?

What do the functions mean to you? Are they just definitions that have no correlation with the 4-letter type?

What's the point of assigning a type to people if you can't use the function orders to more clearly define what you mean by that type? Or are the 4-letter types just completely meaningless?

Are you for real?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow I just noticed that we have every NT lined up in a row here...

Carry on with your futile attempts to change people's minds!

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
INFP - histrionic? Are you kidding me? :(

I am closest to avoidant and dependent personality disorders (a psychiatrist told me that...) and have suffered from depression. I'm an IN(F)x.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
These would relate to the ways different types check out of things or hide from the unresolvable (I guess). The patterns actually don't fit too badly. I know ENFPs tend to become paranoid under major stress and question everything, so if we went completely off the rails in an irreversible way, paranoia seems a good candidate.

VagrantFarce

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ha ha, well, I have bipolar II which is basically another name for cyclothymia so here's one ISFP with whom the mental illness correlates!
Actually they are a little different:

Current cyclothymia criteria
Current bipolar II criteria

Bipolar II involves at least one hypomanic episode and at least one major depressive episode but no manic or mixed episodes, whereas cyclothymia involves numerous hypomanic episodes and numerous periods of depressive symptoms for at least two years but no actual major depressive episodes for the first two years (in adults) or manic or mixed episodes. It is possible to have both (if major depressive episodes begin after two years).

The personalities of these groups have actually been studied, interestingly, and the only correlation mentioned was that cyclothymics were more likely to have melancholic and cynical temperaments, whereas bipolar II patients were, in the words of the article, 'sunnier'.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As long as we're not taking this too seriously, and just looking for subtle non-pathological traits most commonly found in the types...

I think the INFP one and ISFJ one should be swapped.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Rearranged the list to something that makes more sense:

It's interesting that you should mention 'conscientious' for ENFJ. I got that comment all the time on my report card at school, and people often commented that was the case with me, among other things. An enneagram 1w2 helps as well.