• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the Most Accurate Way to Discover Type?

G

Ginkgo

In the realm of statistics and personal experience, what is the most accurate method of realizing one's type? From my observations, I have noted numerous techniques used:

-Free Online MBTI Testing

-Functional Measurement Testing

-Circumspect observation in tandem with theory or prior experience

-Personal Functional Research

-Archetypal Research

-Clinical (?) / Professional Testing

I know that my question is dubious from the start, as there is no objective method for confirming one's MBTI Archetype. Furthermore, it is unethical for anyone other than the individual in question to confirm his/her Archetype. However, I would be interested in the most statistical and successful research possible. :)

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I was thinking the other day that somebody trying to discover their type should probably take several tests including mbti, socionics, cognitive functions tests, and save all of their results.

Then they should research it all and understand the theory, then come up with their own type.

THEN they should compare.

Infidel

MBTI Type
INTP
Look at your history, the kinds of decisions you've tended to take and the underlying motivations why. It'll give you a clue. It would also help to get an objective observer to study your habits for a while, then give you their opinion.