• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI comics...

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
In each of the last 2 comics I busted up laughing at the "Se" guy. "I'm thirsty". And "Look, a squirrel!"

:rofl1:

Good stuff Tamske and Wonka. You guys got me thinking about doing one of my own, but I can't draw.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
entplab.jpg

I LOVE this! :D

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Here's one panel of a strip I started a while ago.

It's auto-biographical.

I will probably never finish it....of course. ;)

tertiarytemptation700pix.jpg

hah, cool. Did you use photoshop? I could get into doing one of these..

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
1) Upload it on a website (eg. ImageShack - it's free)
2) Put the url of the image (not the website, the image) in-between these tags [ img] and [ /img] (without spaces) in your post. (ImageShack lists the code for embedding it into a forum - you can copypaste that in your post and you're ready)

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
1) Upload it on a website (eg. ImageShack - it's free)
2) Put the url of the image (not the website, the image) in-between these tags [ img] and [ /img] (without spaces) in your post. (ImageShack lists the code for embedding it into a forum - you can copypaste that in your post and you're ready)

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
I remembered your suggestion, but...
I just don't see what you want with those archetypes. I don't see the link between eg. a sixth function and a witch. Should I give ESTJ's Se a witch hat, or what? I guess I don't know enough about archetypes. To be clear: I don't know anything about them. Care to enlighten me?

I'm not sure that I got him either, but I was thinking maybe it'd be nice if you give each function a distinct, constant look. It would unite the comics, you'd have more style, and it'd be easier for people to get attached to the characters.

They could have archetypal looks like Te looking like that homeroom teacher with business suit and glasses, Se looking all tough and jock-ish, Ti always have some sort of information on hand, Fi always carries a teddy bear, and yeah I don't know what the others would look like.. Hmm..

And.. It'd be nice too if you could upload these onto like a blog where you can keep them together, I'd subscribe :D

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
@ INTPness: you probably used the code for the "insert thumbnail" instead of the code for "insert image". That's why you get such a small one. We can click on it to see it in full size, so it's not really a problem. If you want to insert the whole picture (like I do), just take care of copypasting the right code.
Nice pictures! (It took me a while to see those two were different... :doh:)
Spaceship one: I'd say Se would want to get a closer look :D
INTP one: :rofl1:

@ Heinel: nice idea! I'll try to give each function some fitting attributes... I found only attributes for a few of them so far...

Te: no glasses (they would symbolize good perceiving abilities), but business suit and tie are okay, maybe some pens in his front pocket, and a watch.
Ti: hmmm... information carrying is not really the task of a judging function, I would say... but I don't have any better ideas.
Fe: ???
Fi: I like the teddy bear, but I would add a sword too.

Ne: a diverging monocle, all sorts of radar and antennas on his head, prisms, curved mirrors... and a crystal ball to see the future, too.
Ni: ???
Se: looking very alert, and with a magnifying glass to look at details.
Si: I'd say he's the one carrying information around - from Se and Ne to the archive (memory), from the archive to any judging function calling for it,...

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
hah, cool. Did you use photoshop? I could get into doing one of these..

Yeah.

I drew it with a fine point marker, scanned it in, and then messed with it a little in Photoshop.

It was going to be part of a thread about Tertiary Temptation in ENFPs, but at one point I said "Fuck it, it's not worth the time and effort."

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Te: no glasses (they would symbolize good perceiving abilities), but business suit and tie are okay, maybe some pens in his front pocket, and a watch.
Ti: hmmm... information carrying is not really the task of a judging function, I would say... but I don't have any better ideas.
Fe: ???
Fi: I like the teddy bear, but I would add a sword too.

Ne: a diverging monocle, all sorts of radar and antennas on his head, prisms, curved mirrors... and a crystal ball to see the future, too.
Ni: ???
Se: looking very alert, and with a magnifying glass to look at details.
Si: I'd say he's the one carrying information around - from Se and Ne to the archive (memory), from the archive to any judging function calling for it,...

Haha, I so want to see the Fi with teddy bear and sword... it's so "I love you~" on one hand and "Don't mess with me!" on the other.

I think the crystal ball should be Ni, they are the ones who speculate and come up with all those alternate futures.

For Fe, I suppose you could give them that half happy half sad mask..

For Ti, maybe you can always draw them in The Thinker pose XD

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think the crystal ball should be Ni, they are the ones who speculate and come up with all those alternate futures.
I thought both Ne and Ni come up with all sorts of futures (*). Only Ne gets triggered all the time by outside impulses. I was picturing him looking through the crystal ball to the outside world, kind of like Ron Weasley in his divination exam (he described the face of the examinator in great detail - the ball worked as a lens).
Maybe I can give Ni another divination means - one that starts with the information already available inside...

(*) If this is not true, and only Ni comes up with futures... then I have a very strong Ni somehow.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I remembered your suggestion, but...
I just don't see what you want with those archetypes. I don't see the link between eg. a sixth function and a witch. Should I give ESTJ's Se a witch hat, or what? I guess I don't know enough about archetypes. To be clear: I don't know anything about them. Care to enlighten me?

I've just taken those functions almost as constants - Te is always the one caring about efficiency and getting the work done,...
I've put them in an environment which would represent the type - ESTJ gets a courthouse, ENTP gets a laboratorium,...
I've made them stronger or weaker according to type. I tried to make them, well, "function" like they are, while at the same time arriving at a decision the type would make on the issue.

Here is ENTP's laboratorium! See, even here Te is caring about efficiency :D

To Ne, the new ideas are always better than the previous ones. That's the trouble with Ne! :doh:

Here's one place I explain why 6th place is a witch http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/844121-post68.html (and that's really only for women. For men, it's a cranky old man). The positive side of either is wisdom.
The "witch" is just a negative aspect of the parent complex associated with the auxiliary. The dominant function is the main ego-achiever, and the auxiliary then is about "support"; hence a "parent". The opposite orientation of the auxiliary will be negative, and employed by the negative aspect of the parental complex.

My wife is ESFJ, and not only do I experience her witch Se, but her mother is ESTJ, and she's experienced that herself.
They are quick to find fault in the way things look. They can spot something wrong in a blink; something a sensotard would never see on their own, nor think mattered. And they will often react sharply over it. (If the Se is developed somewhat, then they will experience its positive side of enjoying the way things look as well).

So in your courthouse, Se is saying it's thirsty, reflecting its normal external concrete focus. To add the archetype to this, you would have the figure complaining bitterly and blaming, making sharp attacks against others, etc. to express that thirst. Like perhaps "I'M THIRSTY, YOU @#$%*s!!!!"

Likewise, in the ENTP laboratory, Te should be there picking fault with the way things are organized. That is basically what it is doing in your illustration. But to really be Critical Parent, it would likewise be "CAN'T YOU FIND SOMETHING FEASIBLE, YOU @#$%*s?!!!". In either case, they would stop people dead in their tracks.

In Wonka's illustration, the "devil" might actually be more Trickster Ti, which is the negative aspect of the tertiary. The "demon" archetype is really the 8th function, which is Se for the ENFP, and the Trickster is 7th, but that would be closer to the "devil conscience" that opposes the Fi "angel". (I've heard other Fi users claim Fi was both angel and devil sitting on one's shoulders). The tertiary or "child" complex is more about childlike innocence, hence, an ENFP will use his Te to find "relief" in organizing and stuff like that. I don't think it will really be about "they're fools; listen to me". The Child is weak and vulnerable, even if the Te it is associated with we normally think of as strong and effective. The Trickster is the one that would come up and fill in for the vulnerability of the child, and that would make sense here. It's Ti that would say they were all fools, based on internal principles (that are normally ignored, but will be utilized when the Child is threatened) to contradict the Fi's normally accepted internal values.

Last edited:

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
I thought both Ne and Ni come up with all sorts of futures (*). Only Ne gets triggered all the time by outside impulses. I was picturing him looking through the crystal ball to the outside world, kind of like Ron Weasley in his divination exam (he described the face of the examinator in great detail - the ball worked as a lens).
Maybe I can give Ni another divination means - one that starts with the information already available inside...

(*) If this is not true, and only Ni comes up with futures... then I have a very strong Ni somehow.

Ne doms should naturally have strong Ni capabilities. You can't just turn off your N when your focus shifts inside, it's just that some people may choose to ignore them.

And I guess I understood crystal balls as a means to looking inward. You give your mental images form in the ball. At least that is how I thought they're usually described...

The antennas and stuff work quite well IMO for generating information (I can never describe intuits well >.<). I think that is good enough for Ne. But of course, Ne is also making connection between the concepts, that is probably the one that's harder to show.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
@ Eric B - okay, I see... I'll try, but I'll take care of the functions and their tasks first.
@ Heinel - Okay. Ne has too many attributes already anyways. I'll give the crystal ball to Ni :D
(Of course, to this scientist, a crystal ball is a lens. To more mystic inclined people, it may be a method for looking inward.)

Edit: I also wanted to give Ne a non-science related attribute. Like it is now, a dominant Ne would look on his place in the ENTP mind, but out of place in the ENFP mind...

What do you think about Ni as a mapmaker working on the Mind Map?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
The simpler ones, without so many people talking, are better.

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I really like the generating ideas for gifts. "I'm thirsty." lol.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
@ Eric B - okay, I see... I'll try, but I'll take care of the functions and their tasks first.
@ Heinel - Okay. Ne has too many attributes already anyways. I'll give the crystal ball to Ni :D
(Of course, to this scientist, a crystal ball is a lens. To more mystic inclined people, it may be a method for looking inward.)

Edit: I also wanted to give Ne a non-science related attribute. Like it is now, a dominant Ne would look on his place in the ENTP mind, but out of place in the ENFP mind...

What do you think about Ni as a mapmaker working on the Mind Map?

Well.. whenever I think of ENFPs I think "talkative." You just might want to give them speakers all over. :D Or a microphone, I think a stand up comedian look would suit some of them.

As to Ni, you mean stuff like Venn Diagrams? I'm not too sure actually. One Ni-dom I know works as a stocks broker, and loves gambling, if that helps. I think Ni is quite prophetic, and I think they actually believe in their visions too.