• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

IFPs: What does Inferior-Te feel like to you?

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, I am studying computer networking and IT at a technical school part time. I am going through a battle between logic and feelings right now towards it; logically speaking, it's a great job opportunity and I could make a decent living off of it, but at the same time, I am mainly disinterested and unenthusiastic about it, and don't have any passion for it. It's causing me moderate levels of stress.

Could this be an example of inferior Te, or poorly developed Te?

This has nothing to do with T or F in either position, although your ultimate decision is most likely going to hinge on what function you prefer, even though I am not sure it's that easy either. A sexual or social subtype is most likely not going to accept such a job anyway because they don't see it as personally fulfilling, for example.

I decided to upload a video that's pretty appropriate of how I see inferior Te. Curiously, Nero's also an inferior Te type (ISFP 8w9):

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Like I wanna bulldoze people with my logic, trap them into a mental wall and then keep forcing my conclusions on them over and over in this very obstinate manner until they simply accept it because they got no other options left. Pounding them into dust with logic isn't far off.

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
This has nothing to do with T or F in either position, although your ultimate decision is most likely going to hinge on what function you prefer, even though I am not sure it's that easy either. A sexual or social subtype is most likely not going to accept such a job anyway because they don't see it as personally fulfilling, for example.

I decided to upload a video that's pretty appropriate of how I see inferior Te. Curiously, Nero's also an inferior Te type (ISFP 8w9):

Hmm, yeah, I guess I see what you mean. When angry and confronted sometimes I may intensely criticize (or at least have a strong urge) someone around me, and when I do, I'll likely go into a small tangent about what is annoying me and it may lead into something off-topic that annoys me about them. I also fear incompetence, self deprecate myself a lot when I feel like I've done something wrong, neglect structure. I have read that these are all inferior Te traits. However, I've read that the 6 wing in some type 5s can create anxiety and also replicate some inferior Te traits (mainly fearing incompetence).

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm, yeah, I guess I see what you mean. When angry and confronted sometimes I may intensely criticize (or at least have a strong urge) someone around me, and when I do, I'll likely go into a small tangent about what is annoying me and it may lead into something off-topic that annoys me about them. I also fear incompetence, self deprecate myself a lot when I feel like I've done something wrong, neglect structure. I have read that these are all inferior Te traits. However, I've read that the 6 wing in some type 5s can create anxiety and also replicate some inferior Te traits (mainly fearing incompetence).

Sorry, you were missing the point. It isn't about criticizing people when angry. I can't be arsed to explain but none of the things you mentioned got anything to do with inferio Te.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
How many of you feel as though logical thinking is a weak point for you, and that this is a result of inferior Te?

because I just read this on CelebrityType's INFP page:
Repress their Extroverted Thinking function, meaning they sometimes preserve their own opinion in the face of facts and evidence to the contrary
and this for ISFPs:
Repress their Extroverted Thinking function, meaning they sometimes fail to draw logical conclusions about their situation and act on them

which doesn't seem to be true for most IxFPs I know of. I know CelebrityTypes isn't the most reputable source, but I'm just curious whether any IxFPs actually relate.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I imagine it is like a big mental penis, sodomising the right hemisphere of the brain.