• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Describe balanced types, close to xxxx

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'll take it as a premise for this thread that the types described have found value in multiple forms of thinking, feeling, perception and intuition, and hence they are less one-sided versions of the carricature types so often spoken of in here.

I'll give it a try.

I'll also try not to get overboard with making these superhuman. I'm trying to cover perhaps 30-70% of people in here.

ISTJ Cool, accepts people okay, does their own thing in a determined manner, invites other people in their life without getting very intimate.
ISTP
ISFP
ISFJ
INTJ
INTP
INFP
INFJ
ESTJ
ESTP
ESFPCan be appreciative of seriousness, tries to live their life with joy, connecting to a lot of people without being superficial.
ESFJ Understands people with different motives, tries to create something that's both sensible and popular, maintains social norms in a relaxed way.
ENTJ Accepts people with different goals, creates prosperity in socially responsible ways, considers other people's wants and goals aside with their own.
ENTP Accepts stability, prefers to live in an improvised way, ready to grasp opportunities. Doesn't hold a grudge to the "system" or those who create it.
ENFP
ENFJ

This is harder than I thought! I'll fill in the blanks later..

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I believe my wife (ESFJ) is very balanced. She's a member here, but hasn't had time to participate.
I believe she is basically FeSi, however, in trying to discuss the processes with her, it seems all six of the others are strong too. And it seems to fit too, in that the Fi, Se and Te she displays, while strong, and the latter two and Ni she has claimed are positive, they still do bear some of their "shadowy" nature in ways.
All this development would stem from life experiences.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Uhh, you try writing these balanced descriptions ;) Take this challenge.. it twists your brain cells a bit more than most of the writing tasks we see here :)

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
ISTP: A cool person, prefers to spend time with their hobbies, which usually require lots of smarts or skill. Appreciates the finer things and people, as well.
ISFP: A heartful person, able to grasp life without avoidance. Likes to experience the joy of life and culture in a quiet manner. Is able to dig deeper.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't believe such a thing exists.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
ISTJ - shows his affection by doing all sorts of small jobs (from getting groceries to installing a door-bell) and by showing all sorts of interesting details (like - he's the one who saw the squirrel first and brought it to your attention)

I'll come back with more if I think of them.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
I honestly think most healthy people can be described as balanced but that dont mean they are not a type. Balance dont stem from being an XXXX it comes from being a basic type that can use other sides/functions of themselves to support that basic type.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Of course they can be described as a type, but I was interested people who in fact are balanced (one thing), AND close to xxxx (which is another thing).

I don't think being xxxx makes a person balanced, but I'd say that access to multiple styles of cognition and information gathering paves way for balance. I'd almost say it's a prequisite.

That xxxx-thing is more like a clue, a hint, a suggestion for what a balanced person might be. The reason for this is that I thought the forum members often strongly associate unbalanced behavior with too strong an expression of type.

What descriptions would you write for some balanced types?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
The reason for this is that I thought the forum members often strongly associate unbalanced behavior with too strong an expression of type.

I never thought "extreme = unbalanced"... To me, "balanced" means you're able to use your strengths and compensate your weaknesses. Compensating is not equal to avoiding or getting rid of them.
Getting rid of your weaknesses would make you less extreme. Compensating means finding ways that work for you. Becoming less extreme is only one way of compensating - but there are many more.

Example. I'm quite an extreme N and P.
I have NEVER been too late to a lesson I had to teach. (crossing fingers for future!). Why? Because I found a way to remind me of those lessons consisting of outside means like an agenda; feeling responsible for my students (Yay for Fe!); finding challenge in explaining difficult, abstract, mathematical concepts to very concrete-minded students,...

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
I honestly think most healthy people can be described as balanced but that dont mean they are not a type. Balance dont stem from being an XXXX it comes from being a basic type that can use other sides/functions of themselves to support that basic type.

I never thought "extreme = unbalanced"... To me, "balanced" means you're able to use your strengths and compensate your weaknesses. Compensating is not equal to avoiding or getting rid of them.
Getting rid of your weaknesses would make you less extreme. Compensating means finding ways that work for you. Becoming less extreme is only one way of compensating - but there are many more.

Example. I'm quite an extreme N and P.
I have NEVER been too late to a lesson I had to teach. (crossing fingers for future!). Why? Because I found a way to remind me of those lessons consisting of outside means like an agenda; feeling responsible for my students (Yay for Fe!); finding challenge in explaining difficult, abstract, mathematical concepts to very concrete-minded students,...

This. :yes:

I'm a very extreme N, but I still enjoy things like fashion, and I loved doing gymnastics before my knees got busted and made me stop. I'm also quite social and have been mistaken for an E fairly often (I'm definitely an introvert though).

I am still FAR better at and more naturally inclined toward abstract, theoretical things, though (ie theology, psychology), and I strongly prefer one-on-one socialization or smaller groups. Balanced doesn't mean having no preferences, strengths, or weaknesses.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Oh you people, you are taking just one idea you thought me saying in the OP - or thread title - and making up an explanation for it. Puhh. Why won't you stop to see what you're doing? C'mon.

You don't think stuff like this when you go answer those "write witty stereotype descriptions" thread.

Perhaps if you repeat long enough that "xxxx is not the same as balanced", as in reply to something that I supposedly said, people will believe I actually said the damn thing?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Don't worry. I know you've said that in the first place. I was just working out the idea a bit further. I know that you're waiting for the descriptions you asked and not for an answer like this. I promise: my next post in this thread will contain the descriptions you asked... I'm still trying to work them out... :thinking:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Okay.

Discussion is great, this is more than we have in those stereotype threads! I just jumped at the idea of me reduceding balance to just type.

You have a fine order of handling things, definitions first, then you can work with them ;) I like your thinking.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Thanks for the compliment!
As you're the same one who started the "communication advice for ENTJs" thread... yes, this is a compliment and a very good one, too. Thank you!

I've made some descriptions of balanced versions of the types I know best. It's not easy - it's a lot easier to describe the types by their oddities. But, of course, that was precisely the challenge in this... Here you go.

ENTP solves problems unconsciously while doing boring day-to-day work. The catch: don't try to solve two problems needing creativity at the same time. Our ENTP also lets go of at least 95 % of his ideas, even if they seem better than the ones he's realizing now. He sees ideas as a basic and plentiful resource instead of the rare gold most people think they are. He's able to take decisions based on emotion too, after checking internal consistency of course. He doesn't disregard such decisions as being irrational.

ESTJ: I'll repeat what my ESTJ husband told me: "If everybody was consistent all the time, life would be boring!" Add this to the down-to-earth conservative police officer image everybody has of the ESTJs.
The balanced ESTJ still nitpicks about details, but he will do it respectfully, though bluntly. He's able to forgive both himself and others if they don't meet his high standards. This doesn't mean he has to keep silent - getting things organized is his best ability.

Last edited:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
INTP Lives a life with dignity, pondering the soundness and value of ideas in their favorite area of interest, even though they are really generalists at heart. They see the human connection behind most of the ideas, allowing them to be forgiving and relatively jovial. They do participate in a low-key way, and do not hide behind seemingly undeafeatable wall of analysis.
ESTP They see the life as an adventure, a journey - but they're not too stuck with that image. Civilized society needs people to learn systems and procedures too, they know. It's not where they get their joy from, but they accept it as a chore to be done. There's good to be had with the bad, and our ESTP can take it. Positive outlook, and consideration for those who primarily decide with their heart, too.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh you people, you are taking just one idea you thought me saying in the OP - or thread title - and making up an explanation for it. Puhh. Why won't you stop to see what you're doing? C'mon.

You don't think stuff like this when you go answer those "write witty stereotype descriptions" thread.

Perhaps if you repeat long enough that "xxxx is not the same as balanced", as in reply to something that I supposedly said, people will believe I actually said the damn thing?

The closest to xxxx I've seen was someone in my undergraduate class who was very hard to type. I'm not even sure I know her real type. She loved being around people, but she also loved going off by herself to work out, study, or read. She was in a sorority and in Campus Crusade for Christ (this sentence isn't a type description, it's just to give you more information about her. I was in both of those activities too, which isn't exactly something you'd expect from an INTJ). She loved working out and sports (was on the Frisbee team and went to the gym often), but she was introspective and enjoyed discussing theology. She was tough-minded and had a lot of male friends, but she also showed a lot of empathy and expressed her feelings easily. She is currently married to a guy who was also in Crusade, the guy is probably ENTP. She recently had her first child. She comes from a very psychologically healthy, stable family and is the oldest of two (she has a younger brother). She was valedictorian of her high school (large public school in the Eastern USA).

I'd say she was E, but a lowish E and a balanced one. Exxx is all I've got though, she is probably close to the middle in the last three. She still has a type though ;) VI-wise she looks Esfj, but she doesn't remind me at all of the other ESFJs I know (and I know quite a lot of them).

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTJ - the balanced ENTJ has learned patience. While he's still tactless and tries to get everyone working efficiently on his plans, he knows and accepts other people are not as quick on the uptake as he is. An excellent example of this "balanced-ENTJ behaviour" can be found in this thread, actually! Look:

Oh you people, you are taking just one idea you thought me saying in the OP - or thread title - and making up an explanation for it. Puhh. Why won't you stop to see what you're doing? C'mon. [...]

Followed by:

Okay.
Discussion is great, this is more than we have in those stereotype threads!

The balanced ENTJ takes advice and suggestions explicitly. The less developed ENTJ would also take advice and suggestions, but without knowing he was doing it, thus forgetting to acknowledge people. To me, it seems ENTJ is good at understanding everything with half a word, which enables him to take your suggestion even before you know it - thus appearing like the total dictator everyone loves to hate. Unless he's learnt to acknowledge, that is. (I hope I've expressed myself clearly here. I've had difficulties translating my thoughts into English.)