• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what three characteristics/skills would you like to develop/improve?

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
As an infp, this is what I want to become a stronger person. I am already making big improvements. :newwink:

1) Commitment.

Since I am a perceiver, I can be rather scattered with my ideas and relationships. I envy people who have strong convictions, I always have. I learned this from an estp I believe. Though he may not be one hundred percent correct and though very few people would agree with him, he drilled his ideals because he believed in himself. This is not so much about ideas but relationships. I am not against one-night stands, but I want to set a clear boundary between that and a relationship. I don't admire people who fall in love ten times a year. It is terribly insincere and selfish. With ideas, esp. social and political ones, I don't want to be so stubborn as it is a good quality to be able to shift one's thinking to complement new information and new resources. But, I do want to be committed to my academics.

2) Minus sentiments.

I used to be very sentimental about everything, very emotional and just raw. Every word, every smile, every pair of great eyes, every intriguing conversation. I don't want to be like that anymore. I don't think that does anyone any good, particularly not myself.

3) Plus Positive.

I have really come to dislike negative attitudes in people, even if it's over a small thing, esp. if it's over something small, like the weather. I thrive to be more positive and thus, more resilient to the changes and critics of my environment and so, I can be more efficient and productive in dealing with everything. So this is actually about efficiency, but not logical efficiency, it's emotional efficiency, trim the fat.

How about you?

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Great post!

In MBTI speak:

As ISFJ, I'm interested mainly in developing Ne, although Ti comes in handy quite a bit when attempting to describe things (like myers-briggs and jung) to people.

In the real world:

As a christian, I'm very much concerned with allowing my relationship with God to improve so that I can learn to love people more. I have found that the more you allow God to chisel away, the more your life resembles Christ, and when I die I want people to remember me for being that kind of person. More importantly I want them to experience faith as a result of what God is doing through me. I need to argue religion less and live a life of Christ-like love more.

(I realize you probably didn't ask for all this, but that's what you're getting ;) )

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
As primarily a Ti user, I hope to grow my Fi. It's a different way of understanding myself. I'd like to know what I've been missing out on in life.

(Pretend here I described 3 Fi related skills)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As primarily a Ti user, I hope to grow my Fi. It's a different way of understanding myself. I'd like to know what I've been missing out on in life.

(Pretend here I described 3 Fi related skills)

You should work on Fe instead. Fi values will directly contradict your Ti value system because one says that internal judgments should be made according to personal feelings and the other says they should be made according to impersonal logic.

Fe is compatible with Ti, though, because it operates in the realm of externalized judgments, so it won't clash with Ti's dominion over internal ones. Fe looks to the environment and the social fabric of its community (rather than personal feelings) to make emotional decisions--*internal* judgments for a Ti user will still always be made by Ti and not Fi. You can't break away from that because it's completely ingrained into your perceptual lens and basic life value system.

NTPs with developed Fe are usually really delightful people.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
You should work on Fe instead. Fi values will directly contradict your Ti value system because one says that internal judgments should be made according to personal feelings and the other says they should be made according to impersonal logic.

Fe is compatible with Ti, though, because it operates in the realm of externalized judgments, so it won't clash with Ti's dominion over internal ones. Fe looks to the environment and the social fabric of its community (rather than personal feelings) to make emotional decisions--*internal* judgments for a Ti user will still always be made by Ti and not Fi. You can't break away from that because it's completely ingrained into your perceptual lens and basic life value system.

NTPs with developed Fe are usually really delightful people.

Actually that is the point. I want to challenge Ti. I want to do (or I guess have thoughts about) something that the normal me would say "Oh that's so stupid! It makes no sense!"

I have been able to do this in writing when I'm by myself (Having a dual as a mentor that give you ideas that completely shatters Ti kinda helped a lot here). Later though I would like to share this with someone close to me. Then I'll see if I want to take it a step further.

I'm not saying I want to convert, I don't believe in that myself. But I think being able to see things in a different light is what growth means to me.

Fe does not do the same thing for me, I believe. I can do something that I think I shouldn't be doing but I want to, or not do something even though I want to. Those aren't that difficult, that doesn't do much for me.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually that is the point. I want to challenge Ti. I want to do (or I guess have thoughts about) something that the normal me would say "Oh that's so stupid! It makes no sense!"

I have been able to do this in writing when I'm by myself (Having a dual as a mentor that give you ideas that completely shatters Ti kinda helped a lot here). Later though I would like to share this with someone close to me. Then I'll see if I want to take it a step further.

I'm not saying I want to convert, I don't believe in that myself. But I think being able to see things in a different light is what growth means to me.

Fe does not do the same thing for me, I believe. I can do something without thinking it is the right thing to do. I can do something that I think I shouldn't be doing but I want to. Those aren't that difficult, that doesn't do much for me.

Challenging Ti is always good, but the only way you'll be able to do it is in terms of your other functions (which, if you are actually ISTP, will be Se/Ni/Fe.) It's a mistake to let any one functional perspective dominate your approach to the total exclusion of others, but changing from Ti to Fi would require a total reevaluation of your entire worldview. This isn't the kind of thing you can just change at will depending on the situation; one completely contradicts the other as they compete for the same cognitive space, and thus they cannot coexist in the same person.

You can, of course, listen to Fi users' viewpoints and try to better understand where they're coming from, but you will never directly experience Fi the way they do. Doing things like listening to the viewpoints of others and trying to appreciate their feelings will come through Fe for you, if you are in fact an xxTP type.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Challenging Ti is always good, but the only way you'll be able to do it is in terms of your other functions (which, if you are actually ISTP, will be Se/Ni/Fe.) It's a mistake to let any one functional perspective dominate your approach to the total exclusion of others, but changing from Ti to Fi would require a total reevaluation of your entire worldview. This isn't the kind of thing you can just change at will depending on the situation; one completely contradicts the other as they compete for the same cognitive space, and thus they cannot coexist in the same person.

Doing things like listening to the viewpoints of others and trying to appreciate their feelings will come through Fe for you, if you are in fact an xxTP type.

That would be so, according to MBTI. Though in socionics, Fi is the role function of my type, LSI.

Also, my goal is not to Fe. It is okay if no one cared. I'm going for Fi, the other internal compass. I know this isn't easy. Precisely because it isn't easy is what gives it value. That is also why I am only taking it slowly, as well. Will I succeed? I don't know. I will try.