• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favourite type / Type you want to be

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't know if this thread exists already, but here goes...

What's your favourite type?
What's the type you'd like to be?
Are these the same, and if not, why not?

Favourite type: ESTJ.
Type I want to be: ENTP.

I admire ESTJs, but I'll never want to be one. I would be too different from how I am now, and I'm really happy with how I am now.
I would like to be an ESTJ for some time, however, to see what it is like, and come back to my own self and learn from the experience. Of course, if that's possible, I would like to test all of the types! :yay:

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Favourite: ENFP
Type I want to be (though INTJ is perfectly fine for me): ISTP

^ Love these two. ENFPs give me a more... err, intense experience, so I may get enough of them after a while.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Favourite: ENFP
Type I want to be (though INTJ is perfectly fine for me): ISTP

^ Love these two. ENFPs give me a more... err, intense experience, so I may have enough of them after a while.

:smooch:

Fav type: NTJ although STP is a definite second
Type I'd wanna be: NFP though sometimes I wish I was something a bit more practical and useful, like an ENFJ

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Favourite type: ESFJ

Type I want to be: Super healthy ISFP

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Favourite type: ESFJ

Type I want to be: Super healthy ISFP
Same principle here. ENFJ my favourite, super healthy INFP my wish. :)

I've not found other INFPs easy to make friends with, for some reason, with one possible exception, but I wouldn't want to stop being one myself.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Favorite Type: I like myself a lot at odd moments. Hmm. I don't have a fav. type.

Type I want to be: ENTP (definitely intuitive and perceiver, extrovert because I want to be bouncing off the wall all the time, and T for thorough efficiency)(though I have never actually met an ENTP in person)

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Favorite Type: ISFP

Type I'd want to be (other than my own type which I would keep): ENFJ maybe? I think my life would be easier if I were extroverted but this seems so out of the realm of possibility that it's difficult to even picture myself this way.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always ended up veering towards INFJ.

...although I suppose the most useful type for me to be would be ExTJ, if I wanted to be pragmatic.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Eh? That's pretty sad, I often imagine "what if' I'd be someone else.

I've imagined being born in different circumstances, and looked at things from others' perspectives, but still have been myself the whole time.

I like being myself, even if it's frustrating from time to time.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
ISTJ, because we are the truest, most down-to-earth type. And for many other reasons.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I don't have a favourite type really. Generally I seem to like NPs a lot though.

As for what type I want to be, I'd just like to be a reasonably functional INTP.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
I've spent so much time figuring myself out I'd be loath to be anything else. Favorite type at this point - NTs though each have their own charm.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Favorite Type: I like myself a lot at odd moments. Hmm. I don't have a fav. type.

Type I want to be: ENTP (definitely intuitive and perceiver, extrovert because I want to be bouncing off the wall all the time, and T for thorough efficiency)(though I have never actually met an ENTP in person)

No, no, for efficiency you've got to get a J.

Type I'd least want to be: INFP. I've acted it too much, thinking (and being taught that) introspection was the thing I should do to sort out my feelings. Being an INFP would probably be nice to, well, an INFP! If I have to change my type, just give me something that gets the job done - ESTJ.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
No, no, for efficiency you've got to get a J.

Type I'd least want to be: INFP. I've acted it too much, thinking (and being taught that) introspection was the thing I should do to sort out my feelings. Being an INFP would probably be nice to, well, an INFP! If I have to change my type, just give me something that gets the job done - ESTJ.

Ha! This is hilarious because every ENTP I know (meaning one, really) despise INFP's, probably for the Fi/Ti discrepancy. Ti finds Fi ridiculous and arbitrary and just simply can't wrap it's rationalistic head around the ethical codes.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
^I don't really despise them. I've even listed INFP as one of my favourite types.
I just don't want to be one.