• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fi vs. Fe

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
This is like my Judging vs. Perceiving thread - an information dump for Fi vs. Fe and a reference for the confused to make them even more confused to help them.

VagrantFarce

My understanding is that:

Fi is all about measuring the situational importance or value of something, based on how the individual feels. It isn't about taking responsibility for it (that's for Te to do), just acknowledging it.

Fe is about taking responsibility for the emotional well being of others, and the expectations you place on them to return the favour.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I have a very good friend who is Fi dom and another very good friend who is Fe dom. I'll just kind of summarize some general patterns that I've noticed with their abilities to conquer problems.

If the Fi dom is facing some kind of trouble, she expects the rest of the people around her to respect her feelings, and she thinks it's the end of the world if that doesn't happen. She thinks that if she *feels* something, then it's right, even if she cannot back it up with logic or patterns seen from other people's feelings. Since her feeling a certain view/value automatically makes it important, she is upset when people don't respect that view/value that she holds. The things she views as important are kind of arbitrary and inconsistent imho, and when I ask her why she feels a certain way, she says things like "I can't help it. It's just how I feel."

The Fe dom, on the other hand, doesn't really have this notion of *feeling* values. He is more in tune with the people around him and how he can bring harmony to certain social dynamics. I honestly don't think he has any rigid internal value system other than he believes he needs to do what's necessary to make others around him happy. However, he does get upset if his efforts to bring social harmony go unnoticed, and he also gets upset if he is helping out somebody, and they do nothing in return but give him grief for helping them. He is the mediator that defuses the Ti/Fi based arguments that occur between my Fi dom friend and me, as he claims to understand both of our perspectives, and he doesn't put more weight on either one.