• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do your functions work?

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
This is inspired by a post made by Pink.
This is a serious post, but at the same time, descriptions are in jest, so bear with me here.

The title says most of it. I want to know how you describe your cognitive process. Here's my description as an example.
When making a decision, Te and Fe have a big showdown. Te sarcastically provokes Fe and Fe basically says "Screw you!" and they start fighting. Fi wants to join in but stays on the sidelines, attempting to tell them off for being so aggresive towards each other. Ti just laughs and rolls his eyes, egging the pair on. Eventually Fe wins out and storms off, and Te pines. Ti booes Fe as Fi tries to remain hidden. Ni and Ne make friends, pull up a couple chairs, and watch. Ni gives objective advice as Ne tries to objectively distract Te and Fe. If you actually read this through, good for you, go ahead and post what goes on in your mind.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've moved away from thinking of the functions themselves as engging any action. the functions are just utilities of the ego. What you're describing might be better expressed in terms of the complexes.

So to translate:
When making a decision, the demonic personality and hero have a big showdown. The demon sarcastically provokes the hero and the hero basically says "Screw you!" and they start fighting. The Opposing Personality wants to join in but stays on the sidelines, attempting to tell them off for being so aggresive towards each other. The anima just laughs and rolls her eyes, egging the pair on. Eventually the hero wins out and storms off, and the demon pines. The anima booes the hero as the Opposing personality tries to remain hidden. The parent and wise old man friends, pull up a couple chairs, and watch. The parent gives objective advice as the old man tries to objectively distract the demon and hero.
Does this make more sense or seem to explain what goes on?

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've moved away from thinking of the functions themselves as engging any action. the functions are just utilities of the ego. What you're describing might be better expressed in terms of the complexes.

So to translate:

Does this make more sense or seem to explain what goes on?

Seems to explain it. Unless you see things the other way around: Fe the demon and Te the hero.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wrote that for the type you're wearing, ENFJ. (Fe demon and Te hero would be ExTJ's).