• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I wish I were an S

Choose one

• I am a happy N

Votes: 47 62.7%
  • I am a happy S

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • I am an unhappy N and want to be an S is (if possible)

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • I am an unhappy S and want to be an N is (if possible)

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like who I am. Why would I want to be something different? I don't understand that urge or the reasoning. I'm an N and I go out and live life to the fullest - especially when I was young I took great risks and was always going on little adventures. If anything, my N fueled my ideas of what kind of interesting living I would be doing. So I think the N stereotype that they only live life in their heads are extreme, unbalanced, and/or unhealthy Ns.

I have nothing against Ss and I appreciate what they do and why they are there. I'm quite sure there are as many N and S types that I do or don't get along with.

I think my S side is developed enough to where I don't feel like I either hate them or want to be one, either. Maybe that's where this longing or disgust springs from - Ns with poorly developed Si or Se.

I actually strongly identify with some ISFPs even though I'm totally an N, and the love of my life so far is an ISFP, probably because of dominant Fi and inferior Te. I also like ISFJs a lot. One of my closest friends is an ESFJ.

Whatever.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I found my life to improve when I stopped trying to force myself into S situations all the time and just embraced my N.

In any case, the world takes all kinds, and I find that when N's and S's work together, they produce much higher quality insights than either does on their own. My best friend is an ISTP, and we have this dynamic where we each contribute to one another's ideas, and we each catch or see things that the other does not. Sure, there are misunderstandings, but for the most part it works great.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'd literally be a completely different person if I was an S, and I like who I am. I guess that makes me a happy N.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
Love both. SPs are amazing. It's actually hard to tell the difference between S and N sometimes - luckily I found the test through N and iNtuition is the only one I was sure of when I started (some doctor said I was very intuitive and even though I already knew what it meant I just had to look it up and wikipedia said it was part of Myers-Briggs, so I looked that up. Personally I think the difference in how they read people is that Ss look at body language and Ns look at details, kind of. Lie to Me vs. The Mentalist.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm content with being an S, but Ns are still cool.

musttry

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, according to the poll, most seem to be quite happy with their perceiving function. I must admit that I do enjoy my Ni vageries.

I found my life to improve when I stopped trying to force myself into S situations all the time and just embraced my N.

I think that this is actually key: Realising where you fit best can be a great source of satisfaction. My only complaint would be with people who only look for comfortable situations and are not willing to grow by confronting new different situations.

Funny thing, my father, a staunch INTJ whose only way to understand other people is through analyzing their type because of very low and repressed Fi, convinced me that I was an INFP. I never really related to the type's description and so I thought I was a broken INFP because I was not as creative and as Ne as the description said. One day though, I started to simply accept the INFP description and tried the suit on. It was only when I did this that I finally realised that it fit very poorly and started looking at other types. It's with a cognitive function test and with much exploration of the types that I finally found the right hat with the INFJ description (I had never thought of myself as a J because I thought my father embodied Jness. Now I realise that he embodies TJness).

Anywho, back to the poll, it is interesting that 10% of poll takers say that they are Ns who would like to be Ss.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are reasons, stashed away somewhere else on this forum, that I said it would be silly to completely and permanently wish to change your own type.

However, temporarilly, I would like to experience being an ISTP. I guess it's not too typical on this site, but I'd change the N before any of the other letters.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm a happy S as well. :)
I enjoy seeing the world the way I see it. The way they make S's sound, makes it sound like its all creative and cool to me and N's are brilliant. Well thats how i make it seem in my head. I can't say thats correct though :smile:
Who in the world knows what would happen if I were an INFP instead of an ISFP.
I love my INFP siblings though :hug:

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'm happy as an S. I have an anal attention to detail, but in countless situations this has given me an edge over other people. I like having a more grounded presence of mind.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm a happy S too. I like that I know how to access my personal power to carry out the practical changes that will make my real life a happier one and not being stuck in a dream or a vision.

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm a happy N. I kind of need to see the future coming because I'm really failure-prone and I need to see trucks coming before they hit me! Then again, if I was an S, I'd be more aware of my surroundings and that would make my life a hell of a lot easier. Not to mention most S's would probably laugh at how difficult it is for me to shave every day and even leave the house when I don't have to.

I'll admit I thought about what it would be like if I was an ISFJ at certain times because I was in love with an ESFP girl for a while and we had a very hot and cold relationship. Sometimes it seemed like fireworks, other times nothing was happening at all. The wonderful thing about her is she is beautiful, sweet, smart and saw good qualities in me that others miss. Those are the things I liked about her, and type became secondary to that. But sometimes I would think, "Maybe if I was an ISFJ we would perceive the world in a more similar way, and relate to each other better in ways which I can't even notice aren't working now." For instance, she is great at moving forward in life and doesn't look back a whole lot. I'm very reflective, and need time to sit back and evaluate my situation making sure everything's going in the right direction. I found myself wishing I could move forward like she could, but also wishing she could stop and think things over a little more too. Maybe if I was an S or she was an N, we'd be a better match. But you never know, I guess, and relationships take work no matter what type you are.

Being intuitive really plays a huge part in who I am. And for that reason, I would never want to change it.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm happy with how I am. I like not making problems for myself purely from thinking too much. I like being practical and realistic. I also like having intuitive abilities along with being like that, I can easily see how a situation will play out in the future if I think about it. I feel pretty balanced.