• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is there a connection between Te/Fi ratio and self-esteem ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Do you think there a connection between Te/Fi ratio and self-esteem ?

By this I mean that Te is increasing it while Fi is reducing it.
But I want to highlight that I am talking about ratio here and not real strenghts. What means that you can "suck" at both but the only thing you have to pay attention here is which function is stronger (and for how much is it stronger. )

I am well aware that there is a huge amout of factors that are not included here but I am wondering if someone else did notice such a "trend" ?

Can it be that this is just a matter of "perspective" ?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Interesting question.
I'd be interested in knowing the answer myself... although... in the long run, what does it matter what is causing the low self-esteem? It seems more important to improve the self esteem... which can be done apart from manipulating one's Te/Fi ratio.

I mean, I used to have really low self esteem, and I have improved it greatly, apart from knowing anything about my ratio.

I will say this though, as I have received more recognition for my Ni and I have been successful using my Te, this has improved my self-esteem... along with intangible things... like letting go of grudges.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Meaning EXTJs > IXTJs > EXFPs > IXFPs in terms of self-esteem? I don't think so.

It highly depends on your definition of self-esteem too. Have you seen an EXTJ in a bad day?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Te is my inferior, and I have a lot of self esteem.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It highly depends on your definition of self-esteem too. Have you seen an EXTJ in a bad day?

Well that is my point actually. ExTJ that is having a "bad day" will use much more Fi than usual, what will make him/her "softer.
It is only a temporary state of things but this is exactly about what I am talking here. The Te/Fi ratio changes for a moment and it is quite observable frm the outside.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Well that is my point actually. ExTJ that is having a "bad day" will use much more Fi than usual, what will make him/her "softer.
It is only a temporary state of things but this is exactly about what I am talking here. The Te/Fi ratio changes for a moment and it is quite observable frm the outside.

Ah but what you are dismissing is HOW the Te and Fi is being used. A person with inferior Fi is less apt when it comes to Fi usage.

Let's not confused assertiveness with self-esteem. A Fi dominant might not be very assertive and still think highly of his/her own character and be happy with himself.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ah but what you are dismissing is HOW the Te and Fi is being used. A person with inferior Fi is less apt when it comes to Fi usage.

Let's not confused assertiveness with self-esteem. A Fi dominant might not be very assertive and still think highly of his/her own character and be happy with himself.

Well there is a reason why I placed that "connection" in the title. Which is that I am just saying that this is just a tendency and not an absolute truth.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ah but what you are dismissing is HOW the Te and Fi is being used.
A person with inferior Fi is less apt when it comes to Fi usage.

Ok, I will listen if you have something to say.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
While Fi may be associated with stuff like depression; when the person is healthy, wouldn't it be the thing that provides integrity and self-worth?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do think that in our society it is...perhaps easier to develop confidence with Te than it is with Fi, also because of the inherent characteristics of both functions. But Sy has a point, a Fi dom is going to be ten times more confident using Fi than an ENTJ ever will or than when he uses Te. And vice versa.

matilda

self-esteem, no. at least not directly. self-analysis, self-examination, self-observation, yeah.

Te = thinking/objects + external = detached observation

Fi = feelings/people + internal = introspection

does using Fi lower your self-esteem? no. self-awareness is what you get, and confidence in that aspect is completely up to you.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I do notice that at times Te doms appear to come across as arrogant, and some people with Fi dom may appear more "insecure" to the outside world, but in terms of actual self-esteem, no I don't think there's a connection.

wolfy

awsm
Te is my inferior, and I have a lot of self esteem.

You have good use. There could be a link between use and self esteem. Not the order and the types, that's just ridiculous.

An organised ISFP. Wouldn't that be a riot.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You have good use. There could be a link between use and self esteem. Not the order and the types, that's just ridiculous.

An organised ISFP. Wouldn't that be a riot.

Ah yes, agreed. We need more responses. The USE, and not the placement, maybe.

If I try to get organized, I end up thinking "this is less efficient than when I wasn't organized!"

messy_desk_contest_winner.jpg

If this were my office and someone put everything in an appropriate place, I would have no idea where anything would be. :D