• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Australian Type Percentages

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Australian culture might feature more activities and norms that happen to be more common among ESXPs in cultures in which those are rarer, without the people themselves being more often ESXP. Cultural differences probably develop for reasons other than type demographics.

Surfing for example. In Northern Europe, the overwhelming majority of people who've ever tried surfing will be SPs, because it will be something they'll have had to have made much more of an effort to make happen, and have liked the idea of so much that they tolerated the unfavourable conditions. Along the Australian coast, it's going to be such a common pastime to have tried that the SP correlation will be weakened, but outsiders may still perceive it as SP behaviour.

The same may be true for standards of dress (Australians more often wear shorts and go outside bare-footed) and communication styles (more direct and blunt). In other cultures these behaviours would be attributed to certain personality traits but they may be more common in Australia for unrelated reasons.

People in Yemen probably perceive Western European and North American cultures as ESXP cultures because people here commonly behave in ways (pre-marital sex, drinking etc.) which in their country would be more often undertaken by the most sensation-seeking and risk-taking people. Relatively speaking, our cultures probably are more ESXP for that reason, but that doesn't mean the individuals within them are more often ESXP than the individuals in Yemen.

I more or less agree with this, but as mean as it is to say, the Aussies I've met over here (with a very few, very noteworthy exceptions) just seem like sheep. They follow the crowd like you wouldn't believe. They follow each other across the world, and only bother when they've arrived on the other side of the world to be friends with the friends they already had, or friends of friends, or other people from the Southern Hemisphere (or Scandinavia, it seems), or people who fall into none of these categories but manage to put up a very good imitation of it.

It just seems like the most conformist/non-individual culture. Maybe I would have a different impression if I was in Australia...I don't know. (I did visit several years ago, but it was only a short visit). I've had much the same impression of Kiwis and Saffas, actually.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFPs are the third highest type of women? How is that possible? A nation of introverted women, apparently...

I find this hard to believe also. A population simply doesn't need a lot of INFPs. Nothing practical is going to get done :D
The fact that S and N have a relatively narrow gap seems suspicious also, for the same reason.

I have a feeling a LOT of people tested the wrong type. We all know how accurate some MBTI tests can be.....

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I think that the divide between T and F for men is kind of hilarious (and obviously not right)

Bushranger

MBTI Type
INTP
I more or less agree with this, but as mean as it is to say, the Aussies I've met over here (with a very few, very noteworthy exceptions) just seem like sheep. They follow the crowd like you wouldn't believe. They follow each other across the world, and only bother when they've arrived on the other side of the world to be friends with the friends they already had, or friends of friends, or other people from the Southern Hemisphere (or Scandinavia, it seems), or people who fall into none of these categories but manage to put up a very good imitation of it.

It just seems like the most conformist/non-individual culture. Maybe I would have a different impression if I was in Australia...I don't know. (I did visit several years ago, but it was only a short visit). I've had much the same impression of Kiwis and Saffas, actually.

You are talking about a self selected group, any impression you get from them will be skewed.

Also keep in mind that even individualists can be considered sheeplike if individualism is the predominant paradigm of their culture.

Unique

Agreed. Notice the top 8 for guys are ALL 'T' types. And 6 out of the 8 top female ones are 'F'. Sounds like people answered the way they thought they should.

Or its a known fact that the T/F is strongly related to gender?

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
A lot of NT guys there. But then again, it was started as a penal colony. I imagine it would've been hard to keep out of jail as an NT in the 1700s.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
While the Archive still reflects that
the majority of people who take the MBTI come from
managerial and professional groups, recent additions
have tended to compensate with some sizeable numbers
in less-skilled categories of the Australian Standard
Classification of Occupations (ASCO 2e).
The material below comes from MBTI Form G profiles
contributed by MBTI practitioners across Australia.

Doesn't sound like a very random sample.

It's the extrovert/introvert ratio that's the most atypical, isn't it?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
While the Archive still reflects that
the majority of people who take the MBTI come from
managerial and professional groups, recent additions
have tended to compensate with some sizeable numbers
in less-skilled categories of the Australian Standard
Classification of Occupations (ASCO 2e).
The material below comes from MBTI Form G profiles
contributed by MBTI practitioners across Australia.

Doesn't sound like a very random sample.

It's the extrovert/introvert ratio that's the most atypical, isn't it?

I would definitely question the sample, considering.

However, in the United States apparently introverts were dominant, and that's kind of contrary, so... *shrug*