• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What types do certain types get along with best?

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Aw, I was trying to get you to hop onto your Fi pedestal and get pissed at me for making such an unfounded claim and ultimately use that against you. You win though :cheers:

I lost my Fi pedestal. :sad:

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I have a harder timer getting along with ExTJ's than other types because of their natural tendency to take charge and my natural tendency to resist that, but of course that's not always the case. Ultimately, most personality traits that repel me have little or nothing to do with mbti type.

My closest friends include an istj, infj, esfp, and intp, and I have an enfj girlfriend. But I don't know if any of that has so much to with type as it does the happenstance in which we all met.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well from what I'm beginning to see, I get along with just about anyone.
I enjoy ENFPs a ton. Its a party that I'm invited to :D
xNTP's seem to jump in there as well. But it just depends on the person. Some can be really cool and others can be ignorant. It just depends.
Anyone really. I can't point to a type that I don't like.

But I hug ENFPs like my life depends on it.

theplacesyoullgo

ENTJ here. I would imagine a lot of other ENTJs have a similar "list":

I actually find I get along with and enjoy the company of NFs the most. I find we generally compliment each other well. I have just as close NT friends, but I find it's a little more hit-or-miss as to whether I really hit it off with fellow NTs - I have a very close INTP friend, but I also find that many INTPs grate on my nerves.

I find it extremely difficult to get along with ESTJs. The fact that they highly value control but also have a totally different value system than me makes them frustrating to deal with. I can get along with ESFJs, but it requires work on my end to really put effort into not getting annoyed by them.

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm sure that I can make myself "get along" with any type, but naturally I don't.

INTPs seem to be the only type that I can fully appreciate.... only the Fe being disliked.

ENTPs, ISTPs, INFPs, and INTJs, are my most "enjoyed" types. Even though I don't enjoy/appreciate them very much.

I seem to get along easily with extraverts, but I'd rather be with introverts.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Um, I think IRL a lot of my female friends are ENFJs, ESFPs, and ENFPs. I have a couple of INFJ female friends, too. I know some INFPs, I'm pretty sure.

Generally I like ISFPs a lot as well. ISFJs are probably the only SJ that I can consistently get along with.

I can only consciously think of being friends with a couple of ENTPs IRL out of all of the NTs, I think. On-line, though, I feel like I actually like NTJs better because they don't pester me with annoying arguments. :D I can't rightly think of NTJs I've known IRL, though, except this one chess player guy I liked several years ago who may have been an INTJ. I have one INTP friend, and he's like the smartest person I know.

I've found that I'm most highly likely to clash with xSTJs and ESTPs IRL.

bookgerm

MBTI Type
INTP
The types I get along with the best are: INFP, INTP, INTJ, ENFP, ENTP

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTP - I like their bluntness, the jokes and their analysis and opinion, don't like the quietness
ISFP - No ideas with these, I'm having trouble identifying them properly, some I hate, some I like a lot.
ESTP - Hilarious and good fun.
ESFP - Like what was said above, great conversations that could last days

ISTJ - surprisingly, I sometimes enjoy the company of an ISTJ, he always brings a different perspective to everything, and we talk/argue about EVERYTHING :D
ISFJ - same as ISFP, I have a feeling that I'm confusing some of these. I think I just despise Si a little, which make it hard for me to like SJs.
ESTJ - They're okay in my books, I like how they handle everything
ESFJ - Annoying sometimes (si?), but they often have a great outlook on everything

INTP - For the most part, unnoticable lol, but I dislike the rigidity of logic sometimes.
ENTP - My bretherin, pretty awesome unless they think they're better than you (which they may be, it's probably just that they care)
INTJ - They have very interesting ideas, one of my favourites
ENTJ - Some are most awesome, some are super aggressive assholes, it's clear which is better.

INFP - I like them from a distance, very much so, but my clumsy hands crush them upon contact (with my slightly abrasive lack of feeling functions)
INFJ - Great to argue with, despite that they don't tend to enjoy arguing (in my experience anyway, they just feel strongly about things sometimes, and I don't realize that their feelings aren't up for debate lol). Kind of all over the place, there's always some kind of mood that I just don't get.
ENFJ - almost litterally, my conscience, we make a good team because we are so different ;)
edit: wait a second... ENFP - admirable from a distance, and fun up close

Last edited:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
In real life, I get along best with the INTJ. They seem like mellow folks, wise beyond their years, and most of them like to contemplate issues from multiple angles, while maintaining their own perspective, objective analysis and appreciation of one another.

ESTP have been fun as well - I've had many of them as my friends for long time.

Then again, I've had biggest problems with those two types, as well, but everything has turned out ok for the most part.

Just as a personal opinion: I've associated our most problematic times with the times either of us has expressed a stressed-out, hard example of a type, with most of the balancing factors thrown away.

At the moment I also especially enjoy being friends with an ISFP.

mrgorbachev

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
INxJ, ESFP, and ENFJ. There aren't any types I can't stand, though I can get very annoyed with ExTJ's (or anyone exercising strong Te, for that matter) if only because I resist directives and the like.

Ethereal

MBTI Type
INTP
Any IN types I am on the same page. Oldest friend is an INFP, and all my female friends are INFJ's (we connect extraordinarily well).

I also get along really well with ENTP's, cool people.

I believe that if the first two letters are the same, then the same language is spoken.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
NTs, although I seem to have trouble with other INTPs. Could just be a result of specific people.
I get along pretty well with many SJs too.
NFPs I get along with but have trouble spending long periods with them.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Best:
INFP
ENFP
ISTP
ESTP

Common denominator: Easier to find common ground and go back and forth from surface topics to in-depth topics. More understanding or appealing to me.

Middle-ground
INTJ
INFJ
ENTJ
ENTP

Common denominator: Peaceful, but hard to obtain depth or understanding from them.

Worst:
ESTJ
ISTJ

Common denominator: Can get past surface level, but it's like an "I'm wrong, they're right" World War.

Needs more research:
ISFJ, ISFP, INTP, ESFP, ESFJ, ENFJ