• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Little Help

luaplogo

MBTI Type
ISFP
Hey there I've been doing some reading into this whole MBTI stuff and it's amazing. I've gone and bought the art of speed reading people and seem to be pretty accurate at guess what personality type a person is.

But there is one person I'm just not sure about, she says she scored an INTJ on the typelogic page but allot of what she does feels wrong especially when I compare her to another INTJ I know.

So I was wondering if anyone out there could confirm if my gut feeling on here is right based on the "symptoms".

* Very detached person who changes her mind allot!
* Still has issues with her Ex who she broke up with over a year ago
* Lies constantly to through people off e.g. she says she likes psychology but when I ask her questions about it she turns off the subject. Also when she does talk about it she mentions why it's good but doesn't go into details, even when I try to listen and follow.
* Actually takes advice about situations and doesn't seem to see how to fix things on her own.
* Says she's putting on a dumb person act but even though I try to open up to her and tell her she doesn't need to she just can't seem to be smart.
* She doesn't apply herself to her field as far as I can see. She's doing a technical course but prides herself on being able to write documentation rather than write software.
* The only INTJ trait I can see in her is how she can isolate herself from everyone around her, she doesn't fit in with social norms and doesn't even realise it e.g. she says she doesn't realise that when people txt her (not just me) they normally expect an answer (she will answer when it's important to her) but other times she's just not home if you know what I mean.

I'm not trying to bag her out as she has lots of good qualities and I see great potential in her, but she just doesn't show it.

I'm not sweet on her either I'm just trying to figure out how to apply this type testing stuff to people and she doesn't fit in.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
* Very detached person who changes her mind allot! - suggests ITP
* Still has issues with her Ex who she broke up with over a year ago - not type specific
* Lies constantly to through people off e.g. she says she likes psychology but when I ask her questions about it she turns off the subject. Also when she does talk about it she mentions why it's good but doesn't go into details, even when I try to listen and follow. -not type specific, and this is not necessarily a lie. She might just not like explaining things to people.
* Actually takes advice about situations and doesn't seem to see how to fix things on her own. -not sure what type this is--maybe N
* Says she's putting on a dumb person act but even though I try to open up to her and tell her she doesn't need to she just can't seem to be smart. -not type specific, other than maybe I
* She doesn't apply herself to her field as far as I can see. She's doing a technical course but prides herself on being able to write documentation rather than write software. -points to non-SJ, I suppose. Maybe hints at more P, too.
* The only INTJ trait I can see in her is how she can isolate herself from everyone around her, she doesn't fit in with social norms and doesn't even realise it e.g. she says she doesn't realise that when people txt her (not just me) they normally expect an answer (she will answer when it's important to her) but other times she's just not home if you know what I mean.- I am very guilty of this as well, perhaps it's an IT thing. Although the INTJs I've known have been quite adept with social norms.

I'm not trying to bag her out as she has lots of good qualities and I see great potential in her, but she just doesn't show it.

I'm not sweet on her either I'm just trying to figure out how to apply this type testing stuff to people and she doesn't fit in.
She sounds quite a bit like me actually. What makes you doubt that she's an INTJ? Nothing here would be an ultimate veto of the type, though most are slight aberrations, I think. What type do you think she might be? Or perhaps a better question is, which of her letters feels wrong to you? If you figure out that, you can ask yourself some more specific questions.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
to me she sounds like maybe an INTJ who hasn't quite fully developed some of her preferences.

luaplogo

MBTI Type
ISFP
Thanks for answering.

Randomnity:
She sounds quite a bit like me actually. What makes you doubt that she's an INTJ?

As I said the main thing that makes me think against INTJ is that she just isn't anything like the descriptions I've read and is nothing like another INTJ I know, I know it's hard to explain over the internet.

Oh well I guess I have some more reading to do.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I would have assumed INTP for a lot of those traits you described. What makes you think she's a J, out of curiosity?

luaplogo

MBTI Type
ISFP
because that's what she got on the type logic test.

I can't see anything that resembles a J in her

OctaviaCaesar

MBTI Type
INFJ
She sounds A LOT like my sister, whom I think I have finally pinned down somewhere between INTP and INFP--but more on the NT side of the spectrum. (Knowing me, though, that could change at any minute as I learn more!)

luaplogo

MBTI Type
ISFP
can anyone see the link with that description and the description of an ISTJ?

Octavia you couldn't describe some of your sisters habits could you, maybe compare notes?

OctaviaCaesar

MBTI Type
INFJ
Sister's Possible Type Manifestations

She is prone to losing things like paychecks, as I mentioned in another thread, and her working and living spaces are usually in a shambles. If she senses a conflict coming (esp. regarding herself or her chioces) she will do everything she can to convince other parties involved that she is not doing what they think she is doing--even if she is. She is very sensitive to criticism as well. Both artistic and scientific, she combines her interests by painting beautiful detailed watercolors of salamanders, fish, and insects. She is extremely loyal and worries about the well-being of those close to her, and she takes especial care to support them in times of trouble, even if it includes giving "tough love" and telling them "exactly how it is." :)

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
can anyone see the link with that description and the description of an ISTJ?
Umm...
* Very detached person who changes her mind allot! - does not suggest ISTJ
* Still has issues with her Ex who she broke up with over a year ago - irrelevant
* Lies constantly to through people off e.g. she says she likes psychology but when I ask her questions about it she turns off the subject. Also when she does talk about it she mentions why it's good but doesn't go into details, even when I try to listen and follow. - irrelevant
* Actually takes advice about situations and doesn't seem to see how to fix things on her own. - Doesn't suggest any type, as far as I know
* Says she's putting on a dumb person act but even though I try to open up to her and tell her she doesn't need to she just can't seem to be smart. - does not suggest ISTJ
* She doesn't apply herself to her field as far as I can see. She's doing a technical course but prides herself on being able to write documentation rather than write software. - definitely does not suggest ISTJ
* The only INTJ trait I can see in her is how she can isolate herself from everyone around her, she doesn't fit in with social norms and doesn't even realise it e.g. she says she doesn't realise that when people txt her (not just me) they normally expect an answer (she will answer when it's important to her) but other times she's just not home if you know what I mean. - not fitting in with social norms = does not suggest ISTJ

I don't see a single thing pointing to ISTJ. If anything it points to INTJ, INTP, or ISTP, which are all very different from ISTJ. What makes you think ISTJ? Again, what specifically makes you question INTJ? What specific traits associated with INTJs is she lacking? What traits associated with ISTJ does she have?

You will have to provide more descriptive information about this person if you really want a leg to stand on when questioning her stated type, because right now I don't see anything to strongly contradict INTJ.