• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI & Age

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
First heard of it when I was 15, tested as INFJ.

Started studying it in-depth when I was 19, tested as INTJ since I was 20.

I'm 25 now.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Learned about it when I was in 8th grade(13ish) and have tested as an ENFP ever since then.
I turned 27 this year.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Was 15 or 16 and currently 21

Trepidation

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
I can't remember how or when I first learnt about it, exactly, but I think I was 13. I'm 15 now.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Learned of this at 20 and thought nothing of it until I relearned of this 5 years ago, am 32 now, tested each time and very much infp.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I think we did a test in college when I was in my early twenties, but I didn't pay much attention to it. Was re-introduced to it by my dad when I was around thirty (he was exposed to it through an on-line match-making service). I am now thirty-nine.

INFJ

Synthetic Darkness

I first heard about MBTI when I was 13 tested as an ENFP and thought it was cool but left it at that because I had another obsession at the time, when I was 15 I got into MBTI some more and began testing as ENTPs and just generally identifying with NTs more than NFs. Now I'm almost 16 and I don't think I'll get bored of it any time soon, I got my best friends into MBTI so it's all good (ENFP and ISTJ)

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I found out about MBTI when I was 16 when my dad brought home the test for me to fill out (He gives presentations about it, as a HR manager). I scored as INTP.

It's been two years and still going strong.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I don't recall exactly how old I was when I first came across it. Maybe fifteen. I kept getting INTJ or INFJ on online tests, which didn't seem to describe me well. I abandoned the theory for awhile, just started getting into it again this past year.

I decided I'm more of an INTP. I'm 26.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Discovered and read up on it 2 years ago, at age 33.

I'm 35 now.

I took an online MBTI test almost 10 years ago but I did not ponder on it in the least, it went right over my head, I was too busy. :happy2:

I'm an ESTP.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I discovered MBTI back in 1996, when I was 27 or so.
I'm 40 now.

Finding it was an "aha!" moment for me, and really changed my attitude towards myself and others. Lots less guilt, lots less resentment. I finally knew (generally) who I was and that I wasn't 'weird' ... or alone.

INtP from the first despite looking and studying types and functions and whatever else. I just really like using my N publicly more than my T; and even when I think privately, I tend to focus more on exploration first and making sure all options were considered.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Only found out about it earlier this year .. I am 30 years young.

ESFJ :smile:

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I can't be sure. I think I learned about MBTI when i was 14 or 15.
Currently I am 17, will be 18 in less than a month.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Age discovered: about 18, could have been younger

Age that I actually understood what it was and became interested in it: 19

Current Age: 20.6

Type: INTP

ygolo

My termites win
Age discovered: 14 (they tested us in school both freshman and senior year...came out INTP freshman year, then ISTP senior year)

Age I actually started looking into it: 27

Current age: 30

Type: INTP

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Age discovered: 17 or so

Current: 25

Type: INFP

I first discovered it through this horrible book my sister had called Love Types. I tested INTP, and the description was so awful it brought me to tears. Over the years, I took various online tests and read profiles and generally felt I was INF (didn't understand the functions yet), but I didn't really get into MBTI until this past year.

AutumnReverie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Age discovered: 8 (my step mom was/is a therapist :laugh:)

Current: 21

Type: ISTJ

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Age discovered: 26
Type: ENFP
Age now: 28

Though I did run into it in final year of school. It told me to do a whole lot of jobs I'd never considered, so I thought yeh, whatever, bs test. Would like to find out what I tested as though. I've got a feeling it was ENFP, but not positive.

wolfy

awsm
I think it was in my early twenties I first saw it. I took the test in Keirsey's book. I didn't take much notice. I must have tested as INFJ because I remember boasting "I'm Gandhi!" to all my friends at the time.

It wasn't until I was thirty seven that I really took an interest. I'm thirty nine now.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I first came across the MBTI in the form of an article about using typology to develop fictional characters. After reading that article, one of the first things I did was to take a test, which gave me INTJ for my type. I somewhat identified with the profile, especially the part about their leadership style, but not nearly enough to take the MBTI seriously. That has since changed; I now take it about as seriously as I do any theory--which isn't saying much.